Was last night the best RAW in a while?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
The Doctor said:
I haven't seen much RAW in my life since I've actively watched since early November but it was one of the best ones I've seen so far. Nicely filled. Good promos. Good matches. Well, except for the Funkosaurus.. But most matches were quite good and well performed. I really liked the storyline with Cena. The way he beat on Swagger made him look out of control and honestly badass for the first time since his 2002-2004 heel chapter.

Agreed. I actually like the Funkasaurus matches at the moment, the guy makes me laugh a lot when he speaks during.

The Doctor

Jobber
Reaction score
Crayo said:
Agreed. I actually like the Funkasaurus matches at the moment, the guy makes me laugh a lot when he speaks during.

I agree that his gimmick is awesome. His entrance is awesome. But he looks a bit too overpowered. Sure, he's a big guy, but taking someone out with 3-4 moves.. I don't know about that. I do like it when he starts shaking things up, everyone goes "ew".

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
The Doctor said:
I agree that his gimmick is awesome. His entrance is awesome. But he looks a bit too overpowered. Sure, he's a big guy, but taking someone out with 3-4 moves.. I don't know about that. I do like it when he starts shaking things up, everyone goes "ew".

I think the main purpose of him squashing other competitors is to make him look like a legitimate strong guy. Most comedic type wrestlers now like Santino, Hornswoggle, Ryder (before he got over) never do well in the ring. They're seen as "funny but weak". Being funny gets you over big time with the fans, but they don't get the serious pushes. Brodus has the look, ability & skill on the mic to actually be a serious contender AND be funny.

The Doctor

Jobber
Reaction score
I'd prefer Santino to be pushed instead of Brodus Clay. I think Santino has more personality as the not-so-grown-up-grown-up. Imagine.. Brodus against someone like Triple H. I agree though that we need some more funny guys in the top-tier. I'm glad they kind of pushed Hornswoggle by winning from Sheamus in that one top-rope elimination match.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Santino will never get that sort of push unfortunately. He's been jobber #1 now for years. Plus, does he look the sort (or act the sort) to hold a championship? Brodus is like 6 ft 8 and 300-400lbs I think, but can still do some pretty athletic stuff. That's who I'd want as a champion :). All about opinions though, some people might prefer Brodus in a more serious role, but I think he's excelling in his current gimmick.

The Doctor

Jobber
Reaction score
Crayo said:
Santino will never get that sort of push unfortunately. He's been jobber #1 now for years. Plus, does he look the sort (or act the sort) to hold a championship? Brodus is like 6 ft 8 and 300-400lbs I think, but can still do some pretty athletic stuff. That's who I'd want as a champion :). All about opinions though, some people might prefer Brodus in a more serious role, but I think he's excelling in his current gimmick.

Now that you mention it, Santino does not look like a champion. Brodus is a big guy who seems to be able to jump onto people which, for a guy his weight is pretty good. His looks fir the gimmick for sure, the.. "sexy" look and the haircut all fit the character. I could see him getting more serious and then doing serious damage. I'd like to see Brodus against someone similar his size so we'd see more of his talents and not just watch him squash people half his size.

Baxter2012

Jobber
Reaction score
Right yesterday night was pretty good....reaction of crowd..so loud.