Wait a Second...

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

What was really supposed to happen?

• Roman wins clean, Dean plays mind games

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Seth wins clean, Dean plays mind games

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Roman wins clean, Dean cashes in

• Seth wins clean, Dean cashes in

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Dean wasn't supposed to win MITB and Roman was supposed to retain

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Other

• Total voters

C.M. Shaddix

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
So Roman is now suspended, and now news is breaking out this is from something before MITB. Which means the awesome finish at MITB wasn't supposed to happen. Then what was supposed to be the finish? Seth winning clean and that's it? Roman winning clean and that's it? What do you think was supposed to happen?

CycLoNe_

Jobber
Reaction score
Roman wins clean, Dean plays mind games - Possible.

Seth wins clean, Dean plays mind games - Don't think Reigns' situation could have affected this scenario. Ambrose was probably meant to cash in on Rollins anyway.

Roman wins clean, Dean cashes in - Don't think they would've had a 3rd cash in on Reigns in just 14 months.

Seth wins clean, Dean cashes in - Funnily, what actually happened might have been the plan all along.

Dean wasn't supposed to win MITB and Roman was supposed to retain Improbable. The RAW Shield segment had pretty much foreshadowed Ambrose winning the briefcase.

All in all, if I had to put my money.. I'd say Reigns was probably supposed to be a lot more protected in his loss than he was, with Ambrose cashing in regardless. Still, should wait for more concrete reports about when did the incident occur. It feels strange that they set the ball rolling for the Battleground match and then suspended him when they could have sold a kayfabe injury or something until Battleground. I think this incident has to be post RAW.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Dean was not meant to win the briefcase. He was moved into that position when the suspension became clear. KO was the originally slotted winner.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Dean was not meant to win the briefcase. He was moved into that position when the suspension became clear. KO was the originally slotted winner.

I can sort of buy that, but if they knew he was going to be suspended, why did they make the triple threat match on Raw last night? Wouldn't it have made more sense to have Rollins beat Reigns if they were going to suspend him? And I'm not arguing, I'm seriously curious if that is a route they would use.

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
I can sort of buy that, but if they knew he was going to be suspended, why did they make the triple threat match on Raw last night? Wouldn't it have made more sense to have Rollins beat Reigns if they were going to suspend him? And I'm not arguing, I'm seriously curious if that is a route they would use.

Thats why I was thinking. I think they would of just wrote Reigns off TV instead of scheduling him in a triple threat at the next PPV. But then again he's only suspended for 30 days so he will be back in time.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Reigns was sure to win clean against Seth, for now. Dean wasn't supposed to win. I'm sure KO was supposed to.

I'm glad with the outcome though. Maybe Roman should keep doing drugs. :)

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
I think Dean was supposed to win the whole time. The were foreshadowing it weeks before Roman got suspended

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Damn, Owens vs. Reigns feud could've been amazing.

I don't think Reigns was mean't to lose the title. Losing clean like that was an odd choice, but an easy one to get him off the pedestal and give Dean the reign. Glad for Dean. Glad for Rollins. Sucks for Reigns.

Stopspot

Reaction score
Because Reigns is back in time for Battleground.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Because Reigns is back in time for Battleground.
But he's missing the Draft. Which is arguably the most important night for WWE, this summer, outside of SummerSlam.

Stopspot

Reaction score
But he's missing the Draft. Which is arguably the most important night for WWE, this summer, outside of SummerSlam.
Throw up a graphic when he is drafted

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
As long as there was a successful cash-in by Ambrose (or KO, the supposed/originally scheduled winner), any result would've been fine by me.

This has worked out pretty well. Rollins won clean, Ambrose cashed in and we got The Shield triple-threat made the next night. That is a-ok in my book.

C.M. Shaddix

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
(Ya I put the used plan in the poll as a vote) anyway I think it was Roman win clean and KO was supposed to win MITB