Wade Barrett

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
No, this one isn't just about Nexus, so don't link me to another thread this time >_>...

And spare me all that "don't prematurely blow your load over a couple of cool spots and a good promo or two..."

This man is the future, one way or the other... and truth be told, I could see him being a really over babyface one day (but let's save that for several years). I'll be honest, I can't remember the last time I saw someone come onto the screen with this much potential in his aura...

His promo-work is solid already, and well... we already know he's over with the crowd (well, has heat). This Julius Caesar promo he gave tonight was pretty damn cool, and quite frankly (since I've been waiting for someone to finally use it, so I hope they run with it) Matt Striker calling him the Jackal is awesome as Hell, too.

But furthermore, Wade's in-ring work has been improving steadily... he's unveiled several new tricks to his trade in just his last few on-screen matches... and the way he sizes up Big Show is about as incredible as anyone has ever looked doing that.

But then you throw in the natural charisma this guy has... and the way leadership just seems to emit from him... we'll be talking about his influence for years to come. He's also a character on the edge... so if the E ever does decide to get a little brutal again... he'll fit in perfectly.

And whatever his new group is called... they compliment each other very well. I'm still holding out hope for Skip to return and join Barret's squad, but we'll see. I think Ezekiel was impressive tonight (not just his strength and power... but the way he just blended in with the group and adopted this style they carry.

So while some of you assholes pray we don't see Wade vs. Taker... I anticipate it more and more each day... because all it can do is further progress Wade Barrett...

seX-Power

Reaction score
I'd rather Ezekiel/Taker than Barrett/Taker, because if I feel that they can push Zeke as the monster in ring guy for the group then they can give him an undefeated streak up until Mania and build him as a monster. After what has happened to Barrett with Cena, I see Big Zeke as a kayfabe-wise harder challenge for Taker than Barrett. They can both feud with him and have matches, I'd just feel that Zeke could pose more of a challenge to the streak kayfabe-wise. Of course, Barrett wouldn't be without a match himself as I would book him to face Edge for the title, because I'd rather him over ADR and Christian isn't going to happen.

estazor

Reaction score
I like the idea of Barrett/Taker. It'll be a great match with some great build up. Zeke/Taker would just be a mirror of Henry/Taker.

Montana

Reaction score
I like the idea of Barrett/Taker. It'll be a great match with some great build up. Zeke/Taker would just be a mirror of Henry/Taker.

I agree. I can't really see WWE wanting to push another heel into the main event picture. You got Shaemus, Del Rio, Barrett, and Miz. Something is going to give there. The WWE has proved as well, if you don't have a title, your likely not going to be involved with a major storyline, and will drop to the midcard faster than a hicup. The WWE needs to start building faces.

Yeah, Barrett is very good, however i don't see him ever being a cornerstone/franchise kind of guy. Maybe like an Edge. He's proved with good booking the WWE can make a star without the belt, which is extremely rare these days it seems. The hard part for Barrett will be the face turn. Much like every heel on the roster. If done right, it shouldn't be a problem. But its not easy.

estazor

Reaction score
I don't think Barrett needs the face turn though. I agree he can be like an Edge type wrestler. He's definitely got the talent and potential and if he plays his cards right he should have a great future in the WWE.

Montana

Reaction score
No, this one isn't just about Nexus, so don't link me to another thread this time >_>...

And spare me all that "don't prematurely blow your load over a couple of cool spots and a good promo or two..."

This man is the future, one way or the other... and truth be told, I could see him being a really over babyface one day (but let's save that for several years). I'll be honest, I can't remember the last time I saw someone come onto the screen with this much potential in his aura...

His promo-work is solid already, and well... we already know he's over with the crowd (well, has heat). This Julius Caesar promo he gave tonight was pretty damn cool, and quite frankly (since I've been waiting for someone to finally use it, so I hope they run with it) Matt Striker calling him the Jackal is awesome as Hell, too.

But furthermore, Wade's in-ring work has been improving steadily... he's unveiled several new tricks to his trade in just his last few on-screen matches... and the way he sizes up Big Show is about as incredible as anyone has ever looked doing that.

But then you throw in the natural charisma this guy has... and the way leadership just seems to emit from him... we'll be talking about his influence for years to come. He's also a character on the edge... so if the E ever does decide to get a little brutal again... he'll fit in perfectly.

And whatever his new group is called... they compliment each other very well. I'm still holding out hope for Skip to return and join Barret's squad, but we'll see. I think Ezekiel was impressive tonight (not just his strength and power... but the way he just blended in with the group and adopted this style they carry.

So while some of you assholes pray we don't see Wade vs. Taker... I anticipate it more and more each day... because all it can do is further progress Wade Barrett...

WHY did you make two Wade Barrett threads like one week apart?

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Because that's just how I roll...

...and well, the other one was regarding the future of Wade Barrett vs. CM Punk with Nexus in the mix... and that was settled in the Nexus thread... and that situation appears to be over, or at least at some sort of stalemate for the time being...

Axis

Reaction score
I've yet to see a single Barrett match that I enjoyed enough to want to go back and watch it again. He cuts good promos and is a very very average ring worker. That's why it's premature (and baseless) call him the "future." That has no more basis in fact than did IWC claims that Carlito was the next Rock. The guy is solid in the ring, and would make a decent United States champion to get some more work to tone his skill.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
I'm not saying that I'm expecting anything sudden (I believe that's how people take any hype surrounding him due to his "debut" with Nexus... it was all sudden and impactful)... but judging by his promo-work and the way he is growing in the ring (the time between matches is pretty indicative of his training)... he has a bright future ahead of him.

1chiban

Reaction score
I love the Barrett character, and his promo work is consistently good. When he came up with that 'winds of change' promo on NXT (written for him or not) I think everyone knew he'd be good on the stick. However, his ring work doesn't excite me. Still, I'm British so am still pulling for him to get one of the big belts!

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
I called Barrett as the NXT winner from day one. You could see right away that there was something special about him and that he had the potential to bring whatever the WWE wanted him to.

I miss when he used to come with that that blazer, that was badass <3

As for being champ, there isn't a doubt in my mind that he will get it soon.

Airfixx

Reaction score
^^^ Hell yeah.... The blazer with the flower in the lapel was a sweet touch!

1chiban

Reaction score
Bring back the robe, Wade!

Veritas

Reaction score
The Rock wasn't ready when he got the title either. Neither was Cena. But they both took the ball and ran with it, and along the way, learned how to put on some pretty damn good matches. I think Barrett is like Miz, talented enough in the other aspects of his game to carry him along just fine as he develops at the upper level. The top guys get the longer matches and most character development anyway so that's where he has the most chance to grow. Ass backwards I know but it's almost a fact in WWE.

LSD

Reaction score
Couldn't agree with you more. I still remember when Cena and Batista were fighting over the title and they each had to wrestle Barrett and Bryan respectively and the person who won the quickest chose the stipulation. Barrett really held his own with Cena and while I hadn't watched NXT at the time, I saw him as the most likely of the ones I had seen to make it big. I think WWE has done a great job at building him and his move to Smackdown should do wanders for him. I think we will see Barrett / Taker at mania and I am okay with it. Not psyched about it, but it is good for his development.