Voices in My Head

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
Blog Cover 3 - Voices in My Head.jpg

Voices in My Head

Much like Randy Orton, we all have voices in our head. One is from Jesus and the other is from Satan. Ever since Genesis 3, Satan's crafty wordsmithing has overpowered our sensibility. Unfortunately, the enemy's deceit never comes with a disclaimer or warning label.

If we replaced the phrase "The devil made me do it" with "The devil told me to do it", we would have a better understanding of Satan's level of influence over us. Satan tells us to do things all the time. His words are never harsh, but rather charming, gentle and enticing. The enemy is often smarter than us, and he does a tremendous job of lulling us into believing a lie.

Fortunately, Jesus tells us to do things all the time as well. Although his His words are blunt and sometimes hard to swallow, they always have a better end result. But similar to the enemy, Jesus can only make suggestions. Like a Looney Tunes cartoon, we have two little people sitting on either shoulder, giving us suggestions. It is ultimately our decision of who to listen to.

Test time!

What is the opposite of day?

What is the opposite of dark?

What is the opposite of on?

What is the opposite of Satan?

If you answered either God or Jesus to the last question (and don't worry, most do)… I'm afraid you're wrong.

This is an amazingly profound thought from Pastor Steve Poe of Carmel, Indiana. It reminds you that the opposite of Satan is not God... the opposite of Satan is an angel.

We tend to put Satan on the same tier as God, giving him equal power over the world, but that is simply not true. God reigns over everything on earth and in Heaven, including the angels. That's all Satan is: a fallen angel. Satan has convinced (or rather deceived) us into believing that he is equal to God and that he has the same amount of control over our lives. But remember, Satan is nothing more than that little voice in your ear that can only give suggestions.

The next time you feel the seemingly relentless attacks of the enemy weighing down on your shoulders... knock him down a few pegs.

Twitter: @FairFightInk