Vince....retires?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Death Walker

Better Known As King Of Armageddon | Trapped In Darkness
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
therock2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
batista
I'll wait a few months of consistency before I consider doing it for at least one of the shows. The man gave us NXT's golden era where I watched every single Takeover and had legit some of my fav matches of all time, but running the Main Roster compared to a Weekly TV show that is an hour and having 4-5 specials a year is a different beast.
giphy.gif

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I'll wait a few months of consistency before I consider doing it for at least one of the shows. The man gave us NXT's golden era where I watched every single Takeover and had legit some of my fav matches of all time, but running the Main Roster compared to a Weekly TV show that is an hour and having 4-5 specials a year is a different beast.

When we watched the good NXT shows back on WWEF, those were some of the best times ever. I don't expect us to get it like that again, but it would be cool if we got close.

Reactions: Death Walker

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
When we watched the good NXT shows back on WWEF, those were some of the best times ever. I don't expect us to get it like that again, but it would be cool if we got close.

I still remember Gargano v Andrade. First time after a match I instantly said "Yep, five stars." Then the follow up of Gargano v Ciampa. Genuinely, aside from Ciampa's injury preventing the proper conclusion, then COVID preventing the "One Final Beat" finale being live and in a proper match with the roles reversed, best storyline in WWE over the past decade.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I still remember Gargano v Andrade. First time after a match I instantly said "Yep, five stars." Then the follow up of Gargano v Ciampa. Genuinely, aside from Ciampa's injury preventing the proper conclusion, then COVID preventing the "One Final Beat" finale being live and in a proper match with the roles reversed, best storyline in WWE over the past decade.

I hated Andrade but you and several others told me to keep an open mind. That match made me really respect a guy I didn't like before. It was awesome.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
  • Wow
Reactions: Hidden Blaze

Daddy Deville

Big D Energy
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
iHVgAJe
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
flCHARR
Favorite Wrestler
hasWyGM
Favorite Sports Team
buffalosabres
Favorite Sports Team
3lUNnUV
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
Agree 100% of Gargano/Ciampa

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
So I was watching something the other day and they mentioned the #metoo movement.

Why didn't we get a wiff of this then? I mean personally I've always assumed Vince cheated on Linda, likely with coworkers. Every single women was okay with it and cool with shutting up and taking the money? I mean that is their choice, I'm just dumbfounded nobody got hit on and rejected the advancement and then just kept silent. I guess that's the desire to work for WWE, and even now I don't know of a women that's spoken up on it publicly.

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
So I was watching something the other day and they mentioned the #metoo movement.

Why didn't we get a wiff of this then? I mean personally I've always assumed Vince cheated on Linda, likely with coworkers. Every single women was okay with it and cool with shutting up and taking the money? I mean that is their choice, I'm just dumbfounded nobody got hit on and rejected the advancement and then just kept silent. I guess that's the desire to work for WWE, and even now I don't know of a women that's spoken up on it publicly.

Because speaking up even when there is "support" for it is always hard to do. There is a risk of harassment and people claiming you're "lying" or just trying to "cancel" someone, or just otherwise scummy behavior even if you are telling the truth. This goes doubly when WWE has a shit ton of resources where if you make a claim, then they have the resources to take you to court and say "you lied" and easily run a smear campaign on you, or if you take them to court, they can also easily bleed you dry.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Because speaking up even when there is "support" for it is always hard to do. There is a risk of harassment and people claiming you're "lying" or just trying to "cancel" someone, or just otherwise scummy behavior even if you are telling the truth. This goes doubly when WWE has a shit ton of resources where if you make a claim, then they have the resources to take you to court and say "you lied" and easily run a smear campaign on you, or if you take them to court, they can also easily bleed you dry.
Theyd be released and branded "difficult to work with" i imagine.

Reactions: Rosie

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
I get that but Cosby, and Weinstein were brought down. I understand the determint I'm not trying to minimize that, I'm more pondering why now. Like what was the catalyst.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I get that but Cosby, and Weinstein were brought down. I understand the determint I'm not trying to minimize that, I'm more pondering why now. Like what was the catalyst.
N those 2 were on top a lot longer than vince

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
+ Cosby got off on a technicality . Not exactly encouraging to victims now is it?

Death By Looch

Peace, Love & Fuck You
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
arnanderson
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
vader2
Favorite Wrestler
yujinagata
Favorite Wrestler
bethphoenix
You also have to look at it like this. In Cosby's case, he wasn't on top of the Comedy pile anymore and many victims also weren't in the same industry. Weinstein, who was a big name, but has not really a "fanbase" to speak of, who would climb walls for him, since he's *just* a behind the scenes guy... Vince though, especially during the first #MeToo wave, was still pretty much THE "head of the table" of a whole industry, with loads of "fans" who would immediately try to destroy anyone who'd come forward with accusations.

None of these #MeToo like cases are the same and in each case there are different reasons for why victims might not come forward (or haven't come forward immediately.)

Reactions: Canadian Dragon