• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Vince....retires?

Cwalker

Crazy to think about how much talent might’ve re-signed if this would’ve happened a year ago

Stellar

Cowgirl Barbie
Not sure if I said this already but Vince has been all over the place this year.

-Backstage segments with Theory
- McAfee podcast
-inducts the Undertaker in to the HOF
- WrestleMania interaction with McAfee and Steve Austin
-Was going to have some sort of Netflix doc about him
- the accusations that came out
- him appearing on RAW and Smackdown to boost his ego
- Retiring

...and it's only July. In past years we hardly ever saw or heard anything related to Vince.

I hope that there is more news in the coming months. Like him getting completely away from WWE in every way possible so that his stale influence to the current product can possibly change.

Last edited:

Rosie

Dark Side
Not sure if I said this already but Vince has been all over the place this year.

-Backstage segments with Theory
- McAfee podcast
-inducts the Undertaker in to the HOF
- WrestleMania interaction with McAfee and Steve Austin
-Was going to have some sort of Netflix doc about him
- the accusations that came out
- him appearing on RAW and Smackdown to boost his ego
- Retiring

...and it's only July. In past years we hardly ever saw or heard anything related to Vince.

I hope that there is more news in the coming months. Like him getting completely away from WWE in every way possible so that his stale influence to the current product can possibly change.

I think a way to describe him is similar to Hogan. Two men who did a lot to build the wrestling industry, but have mixed legacies due to holding on for too long due to ego/stubbornness, did things also to hold back wrestling (WM 9, parts of WCW for Hogan hurting TNA Impact, Vince's pushing people despite negative reactions not serving the story, not capitalizing on people who are over, etc) and have out of ring exploits which hurt their reputation more.

People will still love them regardless for the memories they left, but there is also a bad taste in people's mouths and a Shadow looms over them.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Dunno as a share holder, least the ones with voting rights, they gotta see this as the right move. Bet Dawn Marie is laughing her ass off.

John McHenry

John McHenry
You know what confuses me the most about all this.

Vince is worth 2.4 Billion dollars.

1. These women should have asked for more money.

2. Vince and Linda haven't been together in a long time, how long?

3. I assume Vince and Linda have a joint account as well as separate accounts. Just pay them from your account to begin with? You don't put a stain on your legacy over it. Though I guess you could argue how you explain that on taxes and what not