• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Vince....retires?

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Does anyone remember this quote…

“I’d like to think this company will be better off when Vince McMahon is dead. But then it’ll just be taken over by his idiotic daughter, his doofus son in law and the rest of his stupid family”
Don’t wanna be probably won’t be a nighting day as TripleH is original NXT but I mean the way trip age ran that brand kind of shows you that they don’t have the same vision as Vince did.

Dale

Super Moderator
If Vince is really gone, you think creative will change fast?
Doubt it. Not talking you specifically but I feel like people are gonna be expecting because of this news and the TV-14 rating that they're gonna tune into Raw in a few weeks time and it's gonna be like the attitude era 2.0

I reckon there might be subtle changes here and there or a few different faces start to get some shine like when Heyman was running shit during the pandemic but not some big 180 degree shift

Deezy

DZ PZ
Yeah, all the people around the global who only see Vince twice a year maybe only watch because they know he’s there. You’re deluded if you think the averagefan cares.
Like how deluded people are who think the business will get better with his absence.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
I really don't know where you folks are even finding the optimism that this will have a real effect on the product. Maybe I'm being overly cynical in this case, but until other parts of Vince's inner circle also leave and I hear about some reshuffling on the creative side, this doesn't really mean anything to me from a product standpoint.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Does anyone remember this quote…

“I’d like to think this company will be better off when Vince McMahon is dead. But then it’ll just be taken over by his idiotic daughter, his doofus son in law and the rest of his stupid family”
That written promo?

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

Sabretooth

The irony..... you the pot and the fucking kettle.
Look… Vince had to leave at some point. Even if he stayed until he died then he’d leave after he died. It’s not humanly possible to stay forever. So at 77 he finally retires. How is this a bad thing?

Rosie

Dark Side
Don’t wanna be probably won’t be a nighting day as TripleH is original NXT but I mean the way trip age ran that brand kind of shows you that they don’t have the same vision as Vince did.

Honestly, the only reason why I stopped watching original NXT was I was scared of getting invested in these guys because of their call-ups to the main roster and the mixed success it has. If they can have what made that NXT great, a good mix of long-term story telling, a focus on characters rather than "gimmicks" with good matches and booking that makes sense, then add a sprinkle of "Sports Entertainment" shenanigan's, I'd be all for it.