Vince pissed at John Laurinaitis

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Lucky

Reaction score
WWE sources have excaled to SE Scoops that WWE's John Laurinaitis, Head of Talent Relations, is currently in the doghouse with not only Vince McMahon, but Triple H also. This should come as no surprise to anybody who has been watching WWE Raw as of late.

The WWE Chairman, and possible future chairman, are reportedly seething with Laurinaitis after failing in attempts to convince CM Punk to renew his contract.
This is seen as Laurinaitis' second major failure of the last 12 months, the first being his unsuccessful attempts to keep Chris Jericho on the roster.
However, some sources feel sympathy for Laurinaitis as they believe he has a tough job in keeping up with Vince's expectations and dealing with talent that simply want out of the brutal travel schedule. They also feel sympathy for him as they believe he had big shoes to fill after Jim Ross vacated the position some years ago.
SE Scoops also reported that Laurinaitis will go all out to make Rey Mysterio, whose contract is up early next year, re-sign in an attempt to effectively save his job.

The anonymous source within WWE said:
"Laurinaitis has a lot of egg on his face right now. Thi
nk about all the talent that has refused to re-sign. Jericho wouldn't re-sign. MVP wouldn't re-sign. Punk won't re-sign. Even undercard wrestlers like Chavo Guerrero won't re-sign right now. Laurinaitis needs a key re-signing to keep his corporate credibility alive right now!"

"Laurinaitis always had big shoes to fill since he took over from Jim Ross, now he has to produce results. This is going to be very interesting to watch!"
While I do believe Laurinaitis has a tough job, I can't help but get the ''Inmates are running the Asylum'' feeling when it comes to the talent. He does appear to be losing control and it could be a matter of time until he is replaced especially when you consider this statement:

“Laurinaitis has made millions in salary and stock options. He’s expected to perform for that money, and produce results. Right now, he’s not getting done the job Vince expects of him!â€￾

Maybe a fresh face who doesn't always bend over and drop the pants for the boss at every opportunity might help induce the reforms at WWE which are becoming more necessary by the day and give WWE Corporate the wake up call they so badly need.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Personally from what I've always read about the man the sooner he leaves the better off the WWE will be.

Chris Dresdon

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
And in response, he's made re-signing Rey Mysterio his goal to redeem himself, which, no offense to Rey, doesn't strike me as something that'd have that much redeeming quality. WWE would feel the effects of losing Mysterio, don't get me wrong, I just don't think re-signing him is a big enough of a deal to make them shrug off the fact that Jericho and others are gone.

Dod Draper

Reaction score
When I read Jericho's book, I got the impression that if he ever had an issue being in WWE, he could always to go Vince or someone else and work out a solution to the problem. Obviously, he didn't always do that (when he left in 2005), but I figure without people insuring he stays, I think he would have left a lot sooner than 2005. Maybe Johnny Ace wasn't the kind of guy Jericho could work out a solution for his problems with.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
As far as the Jericho part I think he would have left no matter what he was burnt out and had other desires. He was obviously able to work it out in the end cause he went back.

Mysterio will be retiring soon in my opinion. No to mention the fact he's not really doing a whole lot so I think perhaps he should change his focus.

The one thing I think would be key to resigning are title reigns can he really promise this though?

Lucky

Reaction score
That's an interesting point. You'd think that would come from Trips and Vince, so if they were really pissed at Laurinaitis, it wouldn't be for that reason.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Fire Laurinaitis, simple as that.

His record so far is terrible, and he isn't producing new talent that are game changers. I've already said in other threads on how much of a shit job he is doing and should be endevoured.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
So far he hasn't been worth the money he is being paid so unless the cut his salary they should cut him. He hasn't produced the results required at a time when WWE really need guys like Jericho, Punk and even MVP to stay with the company. WWE need to search for a replacement for him or find someone to work with Triple H in the role. Better yet JR is still on the payroll so get him to do that even if he works part time.

Lucky

Reaction score
I saw someone throw out the idea of using Undertaker in this role that John's currently in, personally I liked it, but you never know if he'd even be interested in doing that. I remember reading how he wanted to work with the younger guys, but I also remember seeing how the whole reason McCool left is because her and him could actually become a family so who knows.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
Taker would be good in the role if he has any business savvy. And I don't know if he does. He has the right attitude though and the respect so that is an interesting possibility.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Fire Laurinaitis, simple as that.

His record so far is terrible, and he isn't producing new talent that are game changers. I've already said in other threads on how much of a shit job he is doing and should be endevoured.

I read endevoured as endeavored. I think we should start refering to firings as he got endeavored. As in we wish you well in your future "endeavors" Just a thought.

JR back in that position would be explosive but didn't he resign would he want to go back to it?

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
JR isn't announcing now whereas before he was announcing and doing talent relations he may have more time on his hands now. Give him the role part time and use him as a scout rather than covering everything to do with the job. Leave that to someone back at the office but have JR out there searching for new signings for WWE.