Vince has a new role in WWE

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

This Guy

No Way Out | Feb. 18th, 2007 | WWE Tag Team Title/4 Way Ladder Match

Preview:
Four Way Ladder Match for the WWE Tag Team Championship
February 18, 2007

This past December, four tag teams tore the house down at Armageddon in a thrilling Four Way Ladder Match for the WWE Tag Team Championship. At No Way Out, they will attempt to do it again, as Paul London & Brian Kendrick will once again face MNM, The Hardys and William Regal & Dave Taylor in a Ladder Match.

London & Kendrick survived the first encounter with their gold intact, even though they didn’t know they would be doing so in such an environment. They were originally slated to face Regal & Taylor in a standard tag team match, but SmackDown General Manager Theodore Long added MNM and The Hardys and the Ladder Match stipulation mere moments before the bout began.

It was also in that match where Joey Mercury suffered the severe facial injuries that require him to wear a protective mask. That incident only escalated the Hardys/MNM rivalry, as they met at the Royal Rumble and Mercury has been after Matt Hardy nearly every week on SmackDown since his return.

This time, all four teams know the stakes, the stipulations and the opponents going in. Will London & Kendrick once again prove that they are the dominant tag team on SmackDown, or will one of the challengers step up to the plate and pull the gold down from the ceiling of the Staples Center on Feb. 18?

Truth

Reaction score
Instead, the impressive team took their complaint straight to WWE Headquarters in Stamford, Conn.

After listening to their complaint, WWE officials ruled in favor of Deuce & Domino, naming them the rightful No. 1 Contenders to the WWE Tag Team Championship. As a result, the Ladder Match pitting London & Kendrick vs. MNM vs. The Hardys vs. William Regal & Dave Taylor has been removed from the No Way Out pay-per-view.

Yep that came from WWE.com, bunch of B.S if ya ask me, they shoulda just took out Regal and Taylor and added in Duece and DOmino.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
- A new "employment agreement" Vince McMahon and World Wrestling Entertainment went into effect on January 1st and will run for three years until December 31, 2013. According to the official SEC Filing posted at WWE.com, McMahon's new role in the company is as follows:

"In addition to his duties and responsibilities as Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of the Company, the Executive shall serve as the Company’s creative director, and as a writer, and performer at various times for and in the Company’s events and productions."

The three-year deal gives McMahon generous compensation if he is terminated "other than for cause" or leaves on his own accord with "good reason." It also includes a 1-year no compete clause in the event that his agreement is terminated.
So guess Vince was like if you want shit done do it yourself as far as the writing. Hopefully he does this mostly with Smackdown because they need a change.

SAL

Reaction score
Vince already has his hands in everything, so I don't understand the significance of this unless it's just to make public what Vince's role is in the company.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I don't think he wrote anything. I mean of course he was hands on with everything but I think with this he'll actually be the writer coming up with the storylines instead of ordering the writers to do it.

Kairi

Reaction score
i actually have wondered what it would be like IF he actually did some writing instead of like approving it or however he does it, so this should be interesting.

Phenomenal1

Reaction score
Vince already has his hands in everything, so I don't understand the significance of this unless it's just to make public what Vince's role is in the company.

He has never written any storylines that he was not involved in. He just approves or disapproves what the writers write.