Vince back on board, WWE sale coming soon / WWE funeral thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
he also referred to Tony Khan as "probably a nice kid" and downplayed all his accomplishments and just said his dad was impressive all the while constantly he is not afraid of TK or anyone. came off like such a little bitch

• Haha
Reactions: Deezy

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
If WWE went out of business I don’t believe any wrestling company will ever come close to achieving their success again. Wrestling would just be a very segregated fanbase but would never have global appeal.
I don't really believe that. I think AEW would just scoop up the tv deals and roster and it would be business as usual. wrestling is never dying

Sabretooth

Reaction score
I don't really believe that. I think AEW would just scoop up the tv deals and roster and it would be business as usual. wrestling is never dying
I didn’t say it was dying. I said it’ll never be as big as WWE

Reactions: BSE

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I didn’t say it was dying. I said it’ll never be as big as WWE
and I disagree. if Coke died tomorrow Pepsi would take over. Cola wouldn't suddenly not sell.

WWE is a behemoth but don't buy the propaganda that they invented making wrestling successful.

Roy Mustang

Reaction score
I think Smark said this earlier but when WCW died, a lot of fans stopped watching. Same would happen if WWE died cause some of them ain't wrestling fans, they are WWE fans

Reactions: BSE

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I think Smark said this earlier but when WCW died, a lot of fans stopped watching. Same would happen if WWE died cause some of them ain't wrestling fans, they are WWE fans
:draper2 and yet wwe thrived more than ever after wcw died and wrestling is more profitable than ever.

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
and I disagree. if Coke died tomorrow Pepsi would take over. Cola wouldn't suddenly not sell.

WWE is a behemoth but don't buy the propaganda that they invented making wrestling successful.

I'd argue that for a time, WWE murdered wrestling dead for a long period of time outside of themself and WCW (and ECW for a time) between 1990-2006-ish, and only recently has it managed to crawl back out to a point where indy wrestling is actually viable again.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I'd argue that for a time, WWE murdered wrestling dead for a long period of time outside of themself and WCW (and ECW for a time) between 1990-2006-ish, and only recently has it managed to crawl back out to a point where indy wrestling is actually viable again.
2006 was over 15 years ago though and I really don't think it would be comparable. too many wrestlers are global brands and it would just go over to the next company. would their be some transition where it dips? yes. I just don't think it would make wrestling any more or less popular over all.

Sabretooth

Reaction score

Amazing comparison except coke and Pepsi are equally popular. WWE is far and away more popular than any other wrestling company.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
also I think you guys are kind of missing a key fact : if wwe went out of business, whoever took over would have all their libraries etc, so its not like wwe itself would suddenly cease to exist. the new company would just rebrand

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
2006 was over 15 years ago though and I really don't think it would be comparable. too many wrestlers are global brands and it would just go over to the next company. would their be some transition where it dips? yes. I just don't think it would make wrestling any more or less popular over all.
Oh no no, I wasn't disagreeing with you. I was more or less saying wrestling now has finally re-reached the actual popularity it had in the 70s and 80s when it was selling out arenas locally for a long period of time, just without the national broadcasting to go with it. Now it does and wrestling has never been more accessible and easy to get into.

Reactions: Canadian Dragon

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Amazing comparison except coke and Pepsi are equally popular. WWE is far and away more popular than any other wrestling company.
coke is still number 1 by a lot my pal, there's a reason people compare aew to pepsi and wwe to coke like all the fucking time lol

Sabretooth

Reaction score
coke is still number 1 by a lot my pal, there's a reason people compare aew to pepsi and wwe to coke like all the fucking time lol
Literally everyone knows what coke and Pepsi are. There’s a difference between a soft drink and a wrestling company lmao.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
and there's also a reason why Tony Khan himself has used this comparison and uses the pepsi "rebel" blueprint of how to play #2

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Dumbest take of the day....can't even get ROH a TV deal. :reganderp