Venom: Let There Be Carnage (2021)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Sabretooth

Reaction score
The movie is only 90 minutes long. Interesting strategy. I guess they're wasting no time and it's just gonna be Venom/Carnage chaos the whole way through

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Marty McFourth

Trying to figure out this life thing, what about you
Reaction score
The movie is only 90 minutes long. Interesting strategy. I guess they're wasting no time and it's just gonna be Venom/Carnage chaos the whole way through

Like I said, I'm fully expecting I'll enjoy this. I would say not to take it too seriously, and I went in to the first with that approach and was plesantly surprised. Flawed for sure, but I don't think it was anywhere near as bad as some people were saying

I get the concerns with the PG-13 rating, I just hope it doesn't make them have to hold back far too much, I suppose they can get more creative with it being this type of movie at least

Marty McFourth

Trying to figure out this life thing, what about you
Reaction score
A fast paced Venom movie with plenty of Venom vs Carnage scenes sounds great, and 90 minutes makes me hopeful it won't be a slog

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
A 90 minute Marvel movie :whoa

Necro

Hi, I'm Chucky. Wanna play?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
owenhart
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
VqB5arTl.jpg

Here's a new poster.

Necro

Hi, I'm Chucky. Wanna play?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
owenhart
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
VENOM 2 LET THERE BE CARNAGE "Eddie VS Venom" Trailer

VENOM 2 LET THERE BE CARNAGE "Venom is Starving" Trailer

Y2Jayne

2 levels above, 2 steps ahead
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
From the first reviews, the movie is funny and not graphic or scary at all. So just like the first one, which I thought was mediocre.
The post-credits scene leaked :
Venom watches TV, sees Tom Holland's Spider-Man and licks the screen. So they are tying up the MCU's leftovers with their own universe. Fuck Sony, really. Venom should have never had his own movies without Spider-Man being involved. it makes no sense to have Venom look the way he does and just find out about Spider-Man at the end of the second movie. I wish Disney just bought it all.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
From the first reviews, the movie is funny and not graphic or scary at all. So just like the first one, which I thought was mediocre.
The post-credits scene leaked :
Venom watches TV, sees Tom Holland's Spider-Man and licks the screen. So they are tying up the MCU's leftovers with their own universe. Fuck Sony, really. Venom should have never had his own movies without Spider-Man being involved. it makes no sense to have Venom look the way he does and just find out about Spider-Man at the end of the second movie. I wish Disney just bought it all.

Did you even see the movie yet

Sabretooth

Reaction score
From what I'm reading it's a mixed bag. Some critics think it improves on the first movie in every way while others think it's just the same trash. I'll still see it and decide for myself

Y2Jayne

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
Did you even see the movie yet
It comes out on October 20th here. I saw the post-credits scene, which I was commenting on, for the whole movie, I was just quoting reviews.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
It comes out on October 20th here. I saw the post-credits scene, which I was commenting on, for the whole movie, I was just quoting reviews.

You sounded negative on it already lol. I say see it before judging. For the record it is getting better reviews than the first one

Y2Jayne

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
You sounded negative on it already lol.
Because people who have seen it say that it's pretty much the same recipe as the first movie, a lot of humor and no violence which is annoying when you know the Carnage character. I never said the movie was bad because I haven't seen it yet, but if it's indeed similar to the first one, I believe I will be disappointed again.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Carnage is a cartoon character.

So is Venom....this isn't Jason Vorhees here.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
after three years I finally watched the first Venom. Yeah it was pretty bad lol. They didn’t really explain any of the characters in detail. The writing was just really lazy. It felt like everything was rushed. This was not a good origin story for Venom. The Venom/Eddie dynamic was kind of funny but everything around it was stupid. Maybe I’ll enjoy Let There be Carnage more.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Alright just saw Let There be Carnage. Definitely way better than the first one. The movie leans into the craziness. It’s really unlike anything I’ve ever seen lol. It’s just batshit crazy. Carnage is pretty well done as is the relationship between Eddie and Venom. The problem is the first half of the movie doesn’t matter. It just goes on about basically nothing until Cletus finally becomes Carnage then it gets good. Carnage looks incredible and Woody Harrelson was definitely perfect for the role. I’m still not totally sold on the Venom character but these movies exist one way or another.

and yes the post credits scene has Venom get transferred to another universe where he sees Tom Holland’s spider man on tv so these two are crossing over. I just wish the Venom movies were a little better but oh well. Hopefully Marvel sticks the landing.