Velvet Sky's done with TNA

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
IMPACT WRESTLING and Velvet Sky Part

IMPACT WRESTLING today announced a mutual decision with TNA Knockouts veteran Velvet Sky to not renew her agreement.

Sky's final in-ring appearance with TNA occurred in Orlando earlier today and will broadcast on an upcoming episode of IMPACT WRESTLING seen Tuesday nights at 9/8c on Pop.

"This has been my home for 10 years and, no matter what happens in my future, I will never forget where I've come from or the people who have helped me get where I am," said Sky. "Thank you to everyone at TNA – from talent to production to crew -who has helped me do what I love."

Crithu

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
That kinda sucks since she is a good talent, but she really hasn't been used that much. I'm okay with her leaving if it means that bring in some other female talent to fill in her place, because we need the Knockout's division to return to what it used to be.

I feel like Velvet is betting on going to WWE to be with Bubba!

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
It's been known for quite awhile that Velvet was just riding out her contract and had no intentions to re-sign.

Question is where does she go. Does Bubba have enough pull to get her a WWE job or does she end up coming back down the road?

Apoho Creed

Making Love to my Demons
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Yeah no shock she's leaving, she was doing nothing at this point and for awhile now. Besides the Knockouts Division needs fresh faces it was time to go. Rayne could be next.

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
IDGAF she wasn't worth the TV time I skipped over after downloading TNA. Everyone is bailing on TNA, but who cares where she goes?

rydogg

Multiple Time WWEF Hardcore Champ, BAYBAY!
Reaction score
Nobody's really surprised at this given that she's bumping uglies with Bubba Ray Dudley. And at this point I apologise for that mental image. We all know where she'll most likely end up, provided Bubba has enough pull. But then again, does anybody really care about Velvet Sky anymore?

CFCrusader

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Meh, I don't really care about her tbh. I think they could put that money towards some different talent.

It is sad to see so many familiar TNA faces leaving though. I guess TNA's new signings (Pepper Parks, Cherry Bomb etc.) from the indies who I haven't seen much of could evolve into memorable characters like EC3 and Spud but I'd like to see TNA try to combine getting indie wrestlers who might not necessarily be on the WWE's radar with actually picking up anyone who WWE releases because they are loaded with talent, although that depends on TNA's finances, I suppose.