Van Gogh Stolen in Eygpt

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
AP said:
CAIRO — Egypt's top prosecutor says security lapses are to blame for the theft of a Vincent van Gogh painting from a Cairo museum.

Prosecutor general Abdel-Meguid Mahmoud says none of the alarms and only seven out of 43 surveillance cameras at the Mahmoud Khalil Museum were functioning Saturday when the painting was stolen.

He told Egypt's state news agency Sunday that security at the museum was generally "superficial."

Egypt's culture ministry said Saturday that police had recovered the painting from an Italian couple at Cairo airport. But it later backtracked, saying the statement was based on false information and that the search for the painting continues.

The canvas goes by two titles — "Poppy Flowers" and "Vase with Flowers." It is valued at around $50 million.

Terrible security considering the painting was worth $50 million. I actually find it quite intriguing when someone steals a painting, you know that it is a paid hit and that some rich person has paid for this painting to be stolen for their private collection. Will they actually get it or will it be found before it can get to them?

The painting in question is not one of my favourites of his but still it should be protected better and it will most likely be moved if recovered since this is the second time it has happened.