Valentine's Day is stupid

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Should Valentine's Day be canceled?

• Total voters

WholeFN'Moe

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
It exists to make 75 percent of the population feel bad... men who didn't deliver & those who have no partner

You should tell people you love them every day. Not by spending all your tax return money that you just got, because it falls right at the worst time. Also right after you spent all your money on Christmas, New Years, SuperBowl, Birthdays & it's right BEFORE Easter, more bdays, St Pattys and WrestleMania.

It's a money grab, and a useless one at that. The least valuable holiday that clutters everything up when people should just be relaxing

If it we're up to me i would cancel it, literally.

ClancyFinn

Jobber
Reaction score
I was thinking this morning that Valentines is a dumb "holiday". The wife and I have been together since 1988 I don't need a set aside day to tell her I love her. We tell each other every day, more than once, that we love the other. I feel that if you need there to be some elaborate display of your partners love and devotion on a certain day then your relationship isn't worth the effort. You either know someone loves you or they don't . Valentines day is for kids and the desperate. Just my 2 cents.

Reactions: Jay-Ashley

The Gipper

The Gipper
Reaction score
What's Valentine's Day? I only know of Singles Appreciate Day where you dedicate a entire day to yourself. You deny all phone calls (unless it's a major MAJOR emergency), you don't answer the door, you don't do shit other than watching action comedy films and YouTube on the tv in the living room with 5 blankets on ya while eating bread that has chocolate chips in. Truly amazing.

Gman003

The Lunatic Fringe
Hotshot
Reaction score
Yeah to us its just a regular day. We know we love each other...but when the day comes I feel like a sucker and go buy a card and a couple chocolates just because. Never expect it back, but sometimes it happens. Neither one makes me feel any different. Like stated above, if you have to have that 1 day then your relationship probably isn't worth it and if the other person expects it than they're not the nicest form of person.

So the op was essentially right its created for kids and single adults to self loath. Fuck it do whatever makes you happy all year long. Its just another random corporate money grab day.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
I never liked it and me and Solidus don't celebrate it. If I want to buy him something, I just do it. I don't need a day to tell me when I should be more affectionate. You should want to do nice things for your partner more than a handful of dates on a calendar.

Reactions: Crash

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Even when I was in a relationship, never got to celebrate it properly. Together about 2 and a half years-ish, 3 Valentine's days, one was a massive snow storm. Next year I had the flu, then I was going to University out of province.

BUT LONG LIVE SINGLE'S AWARENESS DAY!

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
Something bad always happens to me on Valentine's Day, so I hate the holiday.