UWF Unforgiven Hardcore Title Match: Chris Masters vs AJ Styles

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Schmidty

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
bobbyroode2
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio2
Favorite Wrestler
bige
Favorite Wrestler
sheamus2
As the crowd awaits in excitement of what's about to happen next on UWF Smackdown, they are greeted by a very similar theme song that allows them to respond in a positive fashion.

The crowd continues to cheer on the power couple of Chris Masters and Layla as they walk out onto the stage with unusual smiles on their faces and they take a moment to take in the warm welcoming from the crowd before making their way down the ramp and into the ring where they are given a mic from the UWF ring announcer.

0oVbaEY.png

{{Chris Masters}}
Man I can't tell you how good it feels to be cheered for once. For so long I've came out here and caused wonderful crowds like this to just hate me. I had a sour attitude and I shared it with the world. But after I seen how you all supported me through my tough times a couple weeks ago, I realized that it's not all that bad. In fact, the reaction I got out of you all when I kicked CM Punk's ass last week on Smackdown was amazing. It made me realize why I am here pursuing my dream as a wrestler. I grew up looking at guys like Shawn Michaels and The Undertaker saying to myself "I want to be like that one day." And now I am in the same company as those two guys. I'm here wrestling in front of the biggest crowds in the biggest wrestling company of all time. It's unreal to me but I can't help but to believe it when I hear you all cheering me on. That's why I promise to never disrespect my fans again because I'm thankful for all the support and respect that you all show me. So I'm just going to throw this out there and say thank you.

Chris pauses as the crowd lets out a decent pop.

{{Chris Masters}}
Now it's time to get down to business. In a few weeks I have a match against the UWF and Hardcore Champion, AJ Styles. Now I've been in the ring with this man before and he's made me tap out to his very deadly submission hold, the calf killer. And yes this hold hurts like hell. But as a wrestler I have to find my way around moves like this to move forward in a match. I have to either tough out the agonizing pain from this hold and hope I can reach for the ropes or I have to find a way to reverse the submission hold so that I can avoid a match defining situation like that. Because believe me, I've felt the pain to that numerous times but this time I will find a way to endure the pain because that's what a true champion should do. A true champion should endure the pain no matter how much it hurts and hopefully find a way around it. I'm a changed man now. I got my revenge last week and earned a shot at the title. I'm on a roll baby! I'm here for the gold. I failed at getting the gold once but this time I will not fail. I will go through whatever pain and suffering that comes in my face to be called champion. That's what all of us are here for. That one moment where you can capture the gold and call yourself the champion. I've been chasing the gold for a few months now and I finally get my one on one chance the the most extreme belt in history. This belt is only defended in hardcore matches which involved barbed wire, steel trashcans, chairs, pipes, ladders, tables, shopping carts, and whatever else you can find to hurt your opponent. That is why a lot of superstars try to stay away from this title because they are afraid of taking risks. Well that's where I differ from them. Hell that's where AJ differs from them. We are willing to put our bodies at risk to be able to have a chance at calling ourselves one of the best in the business. And having that title is a ticket. Just look at Styles. He held the Hardcore Championship for a while and was given a shot at the UWF Championship. Now he has both. That's the route I need to boost my career to greater heights. And if I have to start at the Hardcore title then so be it. I'm ready.

Chris looks serious as he continues to speak.

w20A87g.png

{{Chris Masters}}
I'm ready for a fight man. I've been here for a while now and I have encountered so many obstacles. Some have pushed me back, but I finally gained the will power to push right through them. I pushed through CM Punk and now I am a #1 contender. Opportunities are knocking at my door step if I can keep being strong willed. And trust me, I'll keep it up. AJ, I respect you man. You are an incredible athlete but I am going to take that Hardcore Championship from you. And I'm not just saying that because I'm bigger than you. You've already proven that you can make up for you lack of size countless times so don't think I'm just some muscle head that thinks muscle is what it takes. I used to think that until I saw myself in the mirror and realized I'm not a damn body builder. I'm a professional wrestler! I come out here every week not to show off my body but to wrestle because that's what I love to do and you can bet your ass that I'll continue doing it for years to come. I don't care who gets in my way. I'll knock them off my path so I can grab these opportunities that I earn and create a legacy for myself. Because a wrestlers legacy is the most important part of his career. You create a legacy that people can follow and admire. And all legacies start low and get higher up as the years go by. That's why I'll start with the Hardcore Championship and end with the UWF Championship. If I don't get it right away, I'll keep getting right back up in the same spot until I get it.

Chase

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes3
Favorite Wrestler
05chlfC
The lights go out in the arena when all of a sudden

AJ Styles goes as he makes his way down the ramp. Styles goes and he looks at Chris Masters as the fans cheer like crazy for him. Styles has both his UWF Hardcore Championship, and UWF Championship belt over his shoulder. AJ goes and he enters the ring as he looks on at Chris and he smiles as he goes and he begins to speak

i3yRqP4.png

AJ Styles:
Friends of AJ Styles... This is an example of a man who is hungry, a man who is showing to people week in, and week out he is improving. Let me tell Chris Masters it seems like you've been humbled down this road. Before you wanted to prove your the best for your own selfish reasons. Now you want to gain the acceptance of these people. You want to show people that you're the best in the middle of this damn ring, and want to beat the best. You see yourself in the middle of that ring, and you look at this hardcore title. You saw me with the success that I did with the hardcore championship, and now you want to try and imitate that and right there Masters I respect that, but let me tell you this dosen't change what I am trying to accomplish.

AJ goes and he begins to look at Chris and Layla as he begins to speak

AJ Styles: See Masters remember the nights leading up to the Royal Rumble... The nights where I made the claim of wanting to go to Wrestlemania. I told everybody in this building that you were going to be a stepping stone to the rise of my success, and you were just that. I treated you as a message, and Chris I know why this match is a three stages of hell match. I know why the guys in suits wanted us to be a in a match like this, because they want me to be hurt heading into Wrestlemania. They want to make sure that AJ Styles can't make it to Wrestlemania 100 percent. Well guess what Masters like I said on Smackdown I know you're not with them, and that you have a mind of your own, but I want to send a message to Paul Heyman and Vince McMahon.

Fans cheer as they don't agree with Heyman or McMahon

AJ Styles: They say I am not best for business Chris. They say I am not the guy they want to see at the top. Man it feels like I am back on RAW not too long ago, when guys like me were not accepted at the top of this industry. When they wanted guys like you to represent this company. A good looking guy, a guy who keeps up with his appearance, a guy who looks like some one who belongs on the main roster. See Chris that bugs me that Vince and Heyman look at me at just some small man that can't do anything. That is why Chris I must beat you at Unforgiven to show to those suits that I am the man, and that I can get the job done.

AJ goes and he looks down at his microphone

AJ Styles: Chris I want to prove to those suits also that I am "The Demi-God", and that you can't kill a "Demi-God". Chris this isn't nothing personal between us, just know that I am looking to prove a point, and that I am the right guy, who is best for business.

fans cheer as Styles await for Masters to respond too him.

Schmidty

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
bobbyroode2
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio2
Favorite Wrestler
bige
Favorite Wrestler
sheamus2
Chris shakes his head in approval before speaking to AJ Styles.

{{Chris Masters}}
AJ, I get it. You have something to prove. But so do I. Really, it's every man for himself in this company and we both have different views. I view this opportunity as not only my ticket to Wrestlemania, but also an opportunity to defeat one of the greatest wrestlers this company has to offer. I know you feel betrayed and disrespected by the way the management has treated you, but open up your eyes AJ. You are the UWF Champion! You have the main gold that guys like me haven't even had a chance at yet. You have the grand prize of the UWF and you are out here complaining? Give me a break man. You should be thankful. But instead you're assuming the worst. Now to be honest, I have no idea why our match is made into a 3 stages of hell match since we have nothing personal between us. But I will tell you this. When we step into that ring together, I will beat you for that Hardcore Championship so I can walk out with not only your respect and the title, but a great accolade to add to my legacy as I continue moving up in my career.

Chris waits a moment as he receives a mixed reaction from the crowd.

{{Chris Masters}}
And the fact that you are calling me an "example" is disrespect in my eyes and I know I haven't made it big in this company yet, but you don't seem like the kind of guy to show disrespect so I find it odd. I feel like you are letting Stephanie get in your head and mess with your feelings because you are obsessed with proving her wrong about you. But I am the wrong guy to prove it on. I'm sorry to kill your parade and disappoint the friends of AJ, but I need to prove to the world that I can earn my spot in this business without showing off my body. I want to prove to them that I can do it not by posing for the camera but by wrestling. You stand here and claim time and time again that I only get opportunities because I'm a big guy with jacked up muscles but that's not the case AJ. I used to think that's the case but that was just be being an egomaniac. I'm here because I can wrestle. It may look like I have an unreal build but if you stick to a daily workout that fits you, you'll get this big. I didn't have to take a pill which is what every single one of my opponents have assumed. So don't you dare say I have an advantage over you because of my build because you're a fast guy with a unique technique that is hard to keep up with, but I believe that if I give it all I got, I can beat you.

godsonthemic2.jpg

Chris pauses for a second as Layla and him keep up a stare down with the UWF Champion.

{{Chris Masters}}
Now whether I have to face you in a steel cage match, ladder match, tables match, hell in a cell, or whatever the hell kind of stipulations they have planned, I want you to know that I will use everything to my advantage. Some of the biggest stars have gotten to where they are today by taking opportunities and starting small at minor titles like the Hardcore Championship. I can take that title and do what many has tried to do and make it relevant. I can add prestige to it like no other has before me. So I am going to scratch at it until I pin you for the one two three to earn the right to wrap it around my waste and go to Wrestlemania to have my first Mania moment. Maybe I'll see you at Mania or maybe not, but like I said before, it's every man for himself. I'm only worried about the state of my career and what I got to do to rise to new levels. So I just think of this as the hardcore part of my story. The part where I have to go through grueling bloody battles so I can eventually earn the right to call myself the best in the UWF.

Chris then lowers the mic feeling accomplished at what he just said to his opponent at Unforgiven before thinking of one more thing to say.

{{Chris Masters}}
So if that title means as much to you as it does to me, give me your all at Unforgiven. I want to know if I can beat you when we are both at our best.

Chase

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes3
Favorite Wrestler
05chlfC
AJ goes and he looks at Chris and he goes on as he begins to speak towards Chris Masters

3cWTLTb.png

AJ Styles: Chris I am glad you feel disrespected that I called you an example, because hell you should be. You shouldn't be proud that I look at you that way you should be someone that wants to beat the crap out of me for saying so. Chris the only reason why I said that is not because of you personally, it is because of those higher ups. You see Chris I am not going to take it easy on you as your not on me. You're going to try your best to cripple me, and make sure that you can come out on top. I know you're not looking to hurt just for the pure fun of it, you're trying to do it to send a message to all the boys in the back saying I am Chris Masters. I am here, and I am here to stay. That is something I respect Chris because I am the same way with that each and every night.

AJ goes and he pauses a bit letting those words soak in a bit as Styles goes and he begins to speak

AJ Styles: Chris you said no matter match it was you're going to beat me in, but I am going to argue that. Obviously you haven't seen me in a steel cage lately. I pulled off the move of the year at Lockdown over a year ago. I killed it with that 450 splash hanging from the steel cage. I stole the damn show, and recently when I defended this bad boy against the longest reigning Hardcore Champion ever in Mr. Kennedy. I performed my trademark sprial tap from the top of the cage to take down that man and put him down for good. Right there Chris I have shown what I can do in cage matches. In ladder matches I have done moves on a ladder people never thought were possible, and hell in anything Hardcore you've seen what in the hell I can do. You know from experience what I can do in the middle of this ring.

AJ goes and he lifts the UWF Championship in front of Chris Masters face

AJ Styles: This belt right here Chris. Has not changed my mind on this belt right here.

AJ then goes and he lifts the UWF Hardcore championship to Chris's face and he begins to speak

AJ Styles: This belt right here I have said it over numerous times in this ring. I feel like a broken record saying, but hell I got to say it because it is the truth of my heart. This belt right here saved my career, this belt right here made me into the man that I am today that is standing right here in the middle of this ring, and if you think that this is just about Paul and Vince Chris, and trying to prove them wrong it isn't. It is also about this. The belt who made the "Demi-God" AJ Styles, the belt who saved the career of what looked like it was over, the belt that gave me my killer instinct. I will fight tooth and nail to keep this belt, and that is from the heart. This belt is me, and hell I will feel empty with out this title over my damn shoulder.

Fans cheer as AJ Styles goes and he looks on at Chris Masters with a lot of passion in his eyes for the Hardcore title. AJ puts both of his belts back on his shoulders and he awaits for Masters response