UWF August 2013 Montly Award Threads

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chase

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes3
Favorite Wrestler
05chlfC
Its that time again folks. This thread will be open for the next week to nominate who you the UWF public thinks are worthy to be voted on for these awards. Now if someone can please sticky the new awards thread I made would be awesome. Anyways nominations, also there will be no impact superstar of the month, mainly because we really can judge off of two sessions of TTing. So Impact Superstar of the month will be added next Month.

RAW Superstar of the Month: Cody Rhodes, He got revenge on Dean Ambrose, and looking to be on pace to get the world title back.

Smackdown Superstar of the Month: Batista, Although he lost the UWF Title, the Animal was still a beat surving the scramble match, and defending the UWF title twice this month.

Anarchy Superstar of the Month: Tyson Kidd, Wanted to show Kidd some love here. All he does is win, and he is Russo's boy after all, and for good reason.

Breakout Star of the Month: Daniel Bryan, won the world heavyweight championship. It all comes full circle for Mr.Bryan he has truly broken out

Brand of the Month: Anarchy, RAW has been stellar, but I feel Anarchy this month has a lot of good layers that can't be missed

Trash Talker of the Month: Slim, I have Slim take it to high levels this month.

Member of the Month: CaptainxBumout, like I said in the podcast this award is not just for people who are apart of staff it is for people who you feel reprsented UWF in a good way this month. Bumout has done a good job sending in promos every week. Giving me enjoyment when I read his TT's, and being a good supporter in the Discussion thread.

Writer of the Month: Dresden, Dresden has stepped into high gear giving us good matches all this month imo.

Champion of the Month: Fandango, felt as if Fandango hasn't loss a beat since winning the title. Did an awesome job in the International title defense.

Tag Team of the Month: Dibiase, and Barrett. Won the tag belts how can't you award them this award?

Feud of the Month: Cody Rhodes vs Dean Ambrose... Do I really need to explain this?

Match of the Month: Cody Rhodes vs Dean Ambrose

OMG Moment of the Month: Edge cashing in on Batista, didn't see it coming.

ShanegoFett

Reaction score
RAW Superstar of the Month: Shawn Michaels gets my vote. I saw him every week kicking ass and bringing that HBK we all love

Smackdown Superstar of the Month: Weeeell, Im not going to vote for myself obviously, so Im going to go with Chris Jericho. He's won two belts in I think the same month or close enough to it, and has done well for himself. I still think CC has a ways to go with Jericho, but, he's been consistent and gets my vote

Anarchy Superstar of the Month: Homicide is my pick. Every week I see Chase pumping out LAX promo after promo and Homicide is a BIG time player on Anarchy

Breakout Star of the Month: Tyson Kidd. Clique has been doing really well this month and becoming Russos boy and being apart of that whole storyline really has elevated him this month.

Brand of the Month: Im so torn between Raw and Anarchy. Im gonna give it to Anarchy this month. It was a coin flip, so hard to choose.

Trash Talker of the Month: Dresdon. How many sting/la familia promos have you done this month man? youre a machine. Keep up the good work man.

Member of the Month: SBS. Mike gets the vote because mike has to put up with all of our bullshit and lately we've been pissing him off. So he gets my vote here

Writer of the Month: Dresdon again here. Chase hit it right on the head, really stepped it up this month in general

Champion of the Month: John Cena. Defended his Euro title AGAIN and is looking very strong.

Tag Team of the Month: Deebs and Barrett all the way

Feud of the Month: Ambrose vs Rhodes

Match of the Month: WHC Triple Threat at SS

OMG Moment of the Month: while that cash in was a real swerve, I'd rather give it to MVP and Daniels falling off the titantron because honestly, that made me say "What the actual fuck" when I read it. Just felt it was so random and didnt fit. So it gets a literal omg moment from me. (not a bad match btw, just the ending was a bit crazy for me)

Captain Charisma

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
bobbyroode2
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle2
Favorite Wrestler
christian2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
RAW Superstar of the Month: 4 guys I have, Cena-Edge-HBK and DB. Edge is no more on Raw so I get him out of this. Tough decision but I am going to vote for D-Bryan.

Smackdown Superstar of the Month: Batista. He left Scramble as the champ but unfortunately Edge cashed-in.

Anarchy Superstar of the Month: Seth or Kidd. Another tough one. Kidd gets this one because he won at Summerslam. Seth's face turn was well and he had good TT sessions as face as well.

Breakout Star of the Month: Tyson Kidd I guess.

Brand of the Month: Raw. Loved that board thing.

Trash Talker of the Month: Dresdon. I think he isn't Dresdon, he is fooling us. HE IS STEVE BORDEN!

Member of the Month: Can't decide.

Writer of the Month: Can't decide again.

Champion of the Month: John Cena.

Tag Team of the Month: Barrett & DiBiase.

Feud of the Month: Ambrose vs Rhodes

Match of the Month: SS WHC Match

OMG Moment of the Month: Return of Daniels & Batista cash-in.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
RAW Superstar of the Month: Bryan. He finally won the big one!

Smackdown Superstar of the Month: Between Jericho/Batista for me here.

Anarchy Superstar of the Month: Tyson Kidd. I had a great match with him and he plays Kidd very well and I reckon it won't be long before he becomes Champion.

Breakout Star of the Month: Homicide, Chase is a fucking boss with him!

Brand of the Month: RAW

Trash Talker of the Month: Slim here. He's been impressive.

Member of the Month: Dresden, have you seen this guy? Fucking machine!

Writer of the Month: Dresden

Champion of the Month: Fandango gets my vote here.

Tag Team of the Month: Dibiase & Barrett

Feud of the Month: Cody Rhodes vs Dean Ambrose

Match of the Month: Cody Rhodes vs Dean Ambrose

OMG Moment of the Month: Edge cashing in on Batista, didn't see it coming.

Dash

Reaction score
RAW Superstar of the Month: To me, this one has to go to Cody Rhodes. I am loving his trash talks and promos with this messed up Cody, the feud with Ambrose just puts him over the top for it.

Smackdown Superstar of the Month: Batista. Kudos to Shane for winning the Championship Scramble match, with that and all of his work that I've read on Smackdown, he gets my vote. Sucks you got cashed in on man and it sucks that it had to be Edge, was hoping he would stay on RAW.

Anarchy Superstar of the Month: CM Punk. I honestly love the trash talks from this guy, I feel like I can read them in Punk's voice and that's just a fantastic thing to be able to do. His win over Rhino at Summerslam to keep his No.1 Contender spot as well as leaving Anarchy in the dust and making his move to Smackdown is why he gets my vote.

Breakout Star of the Month: I'll go with Daniel Bryan here. I don't really know what people have done in the past since I only joined abut a month ago, but from what I've read, he deserves it.

Brand of the Month: I think I'm going to have to go with RAW here. Anarchy is a close second, but I feel like Summerslam let them down with the amount of screw jobs. Sure it was entertaining to read, but it just felt a little overkill.

Trash Talker of the Month: Can't give my vote to anyone other than Dresdon here. I've read most of his Sting trash talks and promos since joining this site as well as a few of his Eddie ones and honestly with the amount this guy writes and the way that he can pretty much talk about anything and still keep you entertained enough to read until the end is just amazing.

Member of the Month: This one is pretty hard to choose, but judging on my experience for the month that I've been here, It was a toss up between Chase and SBS. However, I feel like SBS has worked so hard this month, harder than I've ever seen anyone work for a leage/fed and honestly, he deserves to be recognised for that, so my vote goes to him.

Writer of the Month: I think I'll go with Natlav for this one. Again it was a toss up between Natlav and SBS, but I really enjoy reading the matches that Natlav wrote this month so I'll go with him.

Champion of the Month: Fandango. Really after Summerslam, how is there anyone else more deserving of this? He survived the screw job against the Rock, which I honestly didn't think he would. His promos are always an entertaining read and his tag team with bateman is great.

Tag Team of the Month: 3 Live Kru. I've never really liked any of these three guys, but I can't deny that Natlav has done a fantastic job with them. That European Championship thread was one of the most entertaining I've read in a while. Also, he holds the only victory against me so I may be a little biased in this pick.

Feud of the Month: I don't feel like there have been that many strong feuds this month, especially for the championships. Sting vs. Umaga would be one to consider for sure, but like most people here, I think Cody vs. Ambrose take my vote here.

Match of the Month: iMPACT's 30 Man Gauntlet Match. Before this card went up, WWS told me that he feels he struggles a bit with writing up matches and that he's too slow with them, so when I read that Gauntlet match, I couldn't believe just how great it was. WWS, you have nothing to worry about man, that was by far the most entertaining match I've ever read in a fed/league and I commend you for that. Besides, it kept me on the edge of my seat the whole time with no idea who would win up until the final match between Khali and Hardy.

OMG Moment of the Month: There have been quite a few worthy of this but I have to give it to Edge cashing in on Batista. I didn't see this coming at all. Little disappointed that Edge isn't on RAW anymore, and that Batista had to lose like that after winning the scramble, but congratulations to Slim either way.

Chris Dresdon

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
RAW Superstar of the Month: This is a tough one as Michaels finally won the big one, Bryan finally won the big one, Rhodes returned to form, Ambrose had a nice showing, and Cena was in three matches at Summerslam and only lost one of them. Honestly I'm going to give this one to Ambrose. September's going to be another big month for Michaels, Cena, Bryan, Rhodes, and Ambrose and you can also throw Batista and Bray Wyatt in there, mark my words.

Smackdown Superstar of the Month: Smackdown's suffering from a lot of controversy lately, and honestly I feel for Hoov in that situation, because I've been in that boat before. As a result, not a whole lot of people are standing out through the struggle. The consensus is my opinion for this one, Batista had the strongest month of all the Smackdown talent. He may have only won one of his defenses by no contest and got cashed in on after winning the Scramble, but he still defended the belt twice and he'll be sorely missed on Friday nights, even though I understand why he jumped ship.

Anarchy Superstar of the Month: Homicide is definitely one of my favorite characters on the show. He's been consistent with his trash talks, funny with his promos, and just defended his Ironman Championship again, albeit in controversial fashion. I'm going to give this one to Umaga though, I honestly felt like Sting was going to win the Extreme Championship back so when he didn't, I'll admit, I was shocked and that's not taking anything away from him. Props to the "Samoan Bulldozer".

Breakout Star of the Month: CliqueClacks as Tyson Kidd has been incredible and I'm happy that he's on my brand, I think Blizzard has broken out this month though. The Anarchy will air, so to speak, on September but the match was made and trash talked for mostly in August so to me, that qualifies. I knew he was a strong Ziggler, but this session really drove it home in my opinion.

Brand of the Month: Gotta give it up to Anarchy, baby!

Trash Talker of the Month: Chase. Dude has really impressed me with how much he's been trash talking. He's gone hard in our tag team tournament match on Raw, he's gone hard in his Ironman Championship match on Smackdown, he just earned himself a shot at the World Heavyweight Championship, and now he's in the mix and Manik and not missing a beat.

Member of the Month: Gotta give this one up to Chase too. Consistent trash talker, consistent promo guy, took on the responsibility of bringing back the Monthly Awards, still does the podcast, and is now on the Anarchy writing staff.

Writer of the Month: Natlav.

Champion of the Month: The International Champion Faaaaahhhhhnnnnn.....Daaaaan.....GO-GO-GO!

Tag Team of the Month: Ted DiBiase and Wade Barrett easily. Winning the belts gets them this honor, and if they come out of Bound for Glory still the champions with all of this talent barreling towards the contendership, they'll have this award next month too.

Feud of the Month: I've got to toss Smackdown a bone here, the whole thing developing between Triple H and Zack Ryder has been entertaining.

Match of the Month: Fandango vs. The Rock for the International Championship.

OMG Moment of the Month: Edge cashes in.​

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Heh I almost feel punished for moving to Smackdown in missing the Raw star of the month Heh... Edge was still on Raw for majority of August just to remind you all :p I'll send nominations later... but hey don't forget... Team EDGE... we held those tag titles with pride ... you know til Cena got all mean and walked out on the captain of the team :)

Schmidty

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
bobbyroode2
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio2
Favorite Wrestler
bige
Favorite Wrestler
sheamus2
RAW Superstar of the Month: Cody Rhodes

Smackdown Superstar of the Month: CM Punk

Anarchy Superstar of the Month: Umaga

Breakout Star of the Month: Daniel Bryan winning the world title

Brand of the Month: Anarchy, RAW has been stellar, but I feel Anarchy this month has a lot of good layers that can't be missed

Trash Talker of the Month: Dexter, I really enjoyed his TT's against Edge.

Member of the Month: CaptainxBumout

Writer of the Month: SBS, works hard to keep Raw entertaining.

Champion of the Month: Fandango, felt as if Fandango hasn't loss a beat since winning the title. Did an awesome job in the International title defense.

Tag Team of the Month: Dibiase, and Barrett is a hell of a tag team. They deserve this for winning the belts.

Match of the Month: The Rock vs Fandango at SS

OMG Moment of the Month: Vampiro burning Kofi Kingston alive. Not just saying that because I am Vampiro, but just because it caught me off guard and it was something that sticks out for me.

TheOneKnownAsFetter

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
RAW Superstar of the Month: Cody Rhodes ; Rey is on fire with him as the usual; and won championship gold as well.

Smackdown Superstar of the Month: Batista

Anarchy Superstar of the Month: Homicide (Chase is a machine)

Breakout Star of the Month: Edge

Brand of the Month: I gotta go with Anarchy on this one. So much going on with the brand.

Trash Talker of the Month: Dexter, it's been real fun so far TTing against his Aries.

Member of the Month: Chase (As previously said the guy's a machine & gives us a awesome podcast)

Writer of the Month: I'm going to go with Daddy Dred on this one.

Champion of the Month: Fandango; He's been great since arriving to the company & winning the IC Championship

Tag Team of the Month: LAX

Match of the Month: Rhodes vs. Ambrose at the Slam

OMG Moment of the Month: Edge cashing in MITB

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
RAW Superstar of the Month: Dean Ambrose, because I'm a mark...

Smackdown Superstar of the Month: MVP, albo has been going hard with him and I am honoured to have a chance to feud with him!

Anarchy Superstar of the Month: Tyson Kidd, he's been great to read and I fully expect to see him going for the International belt soon.

Breakout Star of the Month: Tyson Kidd

Brand of the Month: Going with Anarchy on this one, just a ton of stuff going on and The Rock went after the world title on that brand, what do the other shows have?!

Trash Talker of the Month: Toss up between Chase and Dresdon. Look at their threads and tell me otherwise!

Member of the Month: Chase, as much as I am not a fan of his, and I'll admit that here. He's a workhorse, he constantly dishes out the podcast, he's got the awards back and he's been helping out every head writer with matches. I have a lot of respect for Chase.

Writer of the Month: I'm actually giving this one to SBS. I just love reading his RAW's. I have a hard time reading shows personally, what with my ADD it's hard to stay focused, but SBS is one of the few guys that can really make me sit down and read everything. Dreddy Boy is another excellent writer of course, he does the same thing. I haven't exactly read enough of Hoov's stuff to really count him in yet. In due time for that.

Champion of the Month: Fandango, he's been doing a great job keeping my title nice and warm for me. 8D

Tag Team of the Month: MDDD

Feud of the Month: Sting/Umaga. Really enjoyed what Slim and Dredson have done with this feud. I personally wish it would continue, but Sting had to go and ruin that by going to iMPACT!

Match of the Month: Fandango vs The Rock SummerSlam. Loved that shit!

OMG Moment of the Month: Edge cashing in MITB

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
RAW Superstar of the Month: See I do wanna say Edge cause he did beat HBK and he did star quite a bit on Raw before switching at SummerSlam... but I'ma go with Deano Ambro

Smackdown Superstar of the Month: I'll be keeping tabs on Smackdown now so next time I'll have a pick.

Anarchy Superstar of the Month: Fandango (Batman). The dude beat The Rock. The dude is still champ. Nough said.

Breakout Star of the Month: Tyson Kidd... he is starting to really make his face known.

Brand of the Month: Anarchy BABAY! Although I still wanna side with Raw... i dunno... flip a coin... shoot flip some chick's bra. screw coins.

Trash Talker of the Month: I'm giving it to Bumout... his Ambrose has been ripping it and MDDD has been too funny.

Member of the Month: Daddy Dres. promos galore, TTs out the wazoo, shows that are awesome

Writer of the Month: Dresden, just doin it hard.

Champion of the Month: Team Edge. They were good tag team champs

Tag Team of the Month: Team Edge. Tag team champs all month. Focal point of Raw. Just an explosive team :D

Feud of the Month: Umaga/Sting. That thing turned real. Like breaking walls and stuff. Vicious.

Match of the Month: Fandango vs. The Rock. Did not expect it to go 3 rounds like that.

OMG Moment of the Month: I would say Edge cashing in... cause I knew it was a cash in... but I didn't even know it was gonna be on Batista. ha... but I'ma go with... Impact! being born.

Nate

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
homicide
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
RAW Superstar of the Month: AJ Styles. Not only is he facing off against Bryan at BFG (in September, but still), but I think that Chase is really going places with his styles. Ambrose and Rhodes, while both freaking excellent, aren't really going any higher at this point but Styles has potential for having a good reign with that WHC.

Smackdown Superstar of the Month: Umm this is a hard one. I want to say Batista, but since he's on RAW now I don't really feel like he should win this award (sorry Shane). So instead I'm giving this one to Eddie Guerrero

Anarchy Superstar of the Month: Tyson Kidd, easily.

Breakout Star of the Month: Tyson Kidd. Clique is doing a phenomenal job with him, and he's already being part of a solid angle on Anarchy after being here for a short time so I'm going to nominate him here.

Brand of the Month: Smackdown. Hoov has been taking some real shit from everyone and he keeps on going. It's just getting better and better after each show! Keep it up buddy!

Trash Talker of the Month: Slim, nuff said

Member of the Month: Well Dresden's been nominated a hell of alot of times this month so I'm actually going to nominate Andrew. He's very consistent with match writing, promos, TT's, constantly being around the interactive forums. And as a writer, I love it how he comments on nearly every show! Stand up guy and his characters are really developing quite well. Again I fully expect Dresden taking this one (sorry Andrew) but I think Andrew deserves a honorable mention!

Writer of the Month: Hoov, same reason really why I voted for Smackdown as brand of the month. Man gets flamed for taking creative control and he's going at it hard still. Hats off to The Hoov!

Champion of the Month: Fandango. Maybe I'm a bit biased since I believe I wrote all of Fandango's matches last month but he's going on an impressive streak! Keep it up Captain!

Tag Team of the Month: Dibiase, and Barrett. Tag Team Champions and they're standing around laughing as 12(?) teams are pratically kiling each other this month for a chance to wrestle them for their titles. Complete bosses if you ask me.

Feud of the Month: Cody Rhodes vs Dean Ambrose!

Match of the Month: Cody Rhodes vs Dean Ambrose, can't honestly think of a better well written piece this last month.

OMG Moment of the Month: The Edge thing was really well done, but honestly Bryan winning the WHC really had me going 'OMG', as I was convinced that Cena was walking out of Summerslam with that title.

Nate

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
homicide
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Apologies for double posting, but I would like to propose a new award for next month: Best TT Thread.

Some of the threads that I read really deserves some kind of recognition, and unfortunately the actual matches on the show sometimes don't reflect on the amount of hard work being put into those threads, can't help I understand but still. (I'm guilty of doing this btw).

Most notably was the LAX/Los Guerrero's thread. While the match was well done by WWS; I felt that the thread was really well played. Again sorry for the double post but I just wanted to throw this idea out to Chase.

Chase

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes3
Favorite Wrestler
05chlfC
Apologies for double posting, but I would like to propose a new award for next month: Best TT Thread.

Some of the threads that I read really deserves some kind of recognition, and unfortunately the actual matches on the show sometimes don't reflect on the amount of hard work being put into those threads, can't help I understand but still. (I'm guilty of doing this btw).

Most notably was the LAX/Los Guerrero's thread. While the match was well done by WWS; I felt that the thread was really well played. Again sorry for the double post but I just wanted to throw this idea out to Chase.

One thing I should say if you have any new award ideas please post them in here as a single post, or send me a pm

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
I'd have to say that I agree with that nomination for an award. Give the TTers a bit more credit with the awesome threads cause we do get those at least once a month.