UWF 2012: Interactive History

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Who is Raw's Superstar of The Month?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Dresdon

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Hello everyone, I am Chris Dresden. Yes, the username reads "Dredson" but my name was originally Dresden and still is, despite it being written differently here. The story behind that is Jay used to have a hand in WSM and was instrumental in getting me to join. For some reason it wouldn't let me set up an account so Jay did it for me, but because it was what he always called me, my screen name was "Chris Dredson" instead of "Chris Dresden". Not that it matters, for I am a man of many names. Dres, Drezza, Dred, Dreds, Dresden, Dredson, Chris, at some point all of these have been used and therefore, all of these will do. In fact, feel free to coin your own.

This evening, well as I write this it's actually ten minutes until 1 a.m. so the more accurate way to lead in would be this morning. Regardless, this morning it brings me great pleasure to answer the requests of many of my peers and bring you the return of my review column, The Dresden Dose! For those of you that don't know the background, years ago I was watching an episode of iMPACT and decided to randomly jot down some thoughts the show left me with and make an article out of them, just for fun. Well the reception from that particular article was enough to inspire me to make it a semi-regular thing, but as my forum activity dwindled from all-over participation to mostly e-feds, the content of the column changed and I began to review the e-fed product instead of the televised product.

I wrote a few for GZW, reviewed UCW Summerslam 2010, and did quite a few reviews during my time in CWF. Now here we are, UWF, uncharted territory as far as The Dresden Dose is concerned, until now that is! Without further delay or recap, I'm not a doctor but I play one on the internet, and this is my prescription for all your wrestling needs. This is The Dresden Dose!

attachment.php

Before I get into the show itself, I want to give a shout-out to Cwalker. Besides the TT'ers that wrote their respective promos, Backlash was done entirely by Cwalker. The matches, the commentary, the commercials, putting the show in order, putting it together, coding it, posting it, everything was done by this man. I speak from personal experience when I say how difficult and taxing it is to pull off such a feat, but clearly it can be done, and Cwalker has earned more of my respect for having done so. Rep this man, like the post, comment on the show, send him a personal message of gratitude, leave him another message of gratitude on his profile page, and send in a massive promo for the next edition of Raw and go no less than 3-3 in the next match he books you in.
At least do some of those things, I mean really, look at that show if you haven't. The length, the quality, the results, all of it makes for an awesomely impressive show that's certainly worth being called a pay-per-view. Don't believe me? Well let's dive right in then!

The opening pyro goes off in the Staples Center as things segue to our announce team for the evening, Jerry "The King" Lawler and Michael "Thank Goodness They Toned Down My Annoying Schtick, I'm Sure I Was A Mere Few Weeks Away From Someone Legit Making An Attempt At My Life And Succeeding" Cole. They hype the fatal-four-way Undisputed Championship match, which, spoiler alert, is kind of a big deal.

They also hype the No Holds Barred match between Mr. Anderson and Antonio Cesaro before we experience a bit of technical difficulties and the lights go out. It turns out to be nothing and we are informed it's time to get to the first match of the show!

BrockVTed.gif

As always, I will not go over the match hold for hold, that's what the match itself is for. I will however recommend that all of you check it out, as it is a reflection of the effort both Prodigy and The Wrestling Addict put into their TT'ing session. In dominant fashion, via Kimura Lock, which is interesting in that it keeps current with Brock, we kick the night off with the crowning of a brand new United States Champion! Congratulations to The Wrestling Addict, my hope is you and Prodigy get to go beyond 1-1 in your rematch.

Commercial one is a picture of AJ Lee, the former on-screen flame of one Daniel Bryan. She has made her way onto the show, but now it is time we bid her farewell.

Back from commercial, a familiar theme begins to play, sending the fans into a cheering frenzy as we are joined by none other than John Cena. Cena cuts a standard Cena promo about his focus being clearer than it ever has been and realizing not all the fans like him and thanks those that support him before calling out Randy Orton, who answers the call. Orton and Cena get into a brawl that John gets the better of, sending Randy fleeing for the hills. Great segment.
As the camera pans elsewhere, Josh Mathews is seen standing by with European Champion Antonio Cesaro. The promo Cesaro cuts is more or less about defending his championship, which, by the way, gets props for the mention of the thirty-day rule, haven't seen or heard mention of that policy for quite some time now, thanks for bringing it back.

Commercial number two is for, "Are You Serious?", Road Dogg and Josh Mathews clip show on WWE's official YouTube Channel. Personally speaking, it's my favorite show on the channel. Some of the jokes are hit and miss but still, Josh and Road Dogg make a nice team and provide entertainment regardless. Also, I love Puppet H. #GARBAGEJUICE (Had to do it)

Back from commercial we are joined by none other than "Long Island Iced Z" himself, Zack Ryder. I guess Zack's had too much Bud Light Lime, because he speaks of Backlash having awesome matches so far with many more to come, when only one match has been held thus far. Call it nitpicking if you wish. Besides this minor thing and my feeling that Zack flipping off the camera is out of character for him, I enjoyed this promo.
After the promo, things return to the arena, where it is time for the Hardcore Championship to be defended.

AbroseVBryan.gif

Opening with a title match and following with a title match is certainly an interesting strategy but I like it, it keeps the energy going smoothly. This match was incredible, blew Lesnar vs. DiBiase out of the water for me. Again, I won't get into detail but please read this match. Gotta say, I'm loving the finishes so far. Brock wins the United States Championship by submission, Daniel Bryan wins the Hardcore Championship by pass-out, very creative.

Congratulations to the Hoov, I have a feeling that just like Lesnar/DiBiase isn't over, Bryan/Ambrose isn't over. After the match, Backlash returns to commercial, which is a picture of a woman I'm not exactly familiar with the identity of at the moment. As Backlash returns from commercial, it is time for a promo from none other than the "Texas Rattlesnake" and yours truly himself, Stone Cold Steve Austin.

Austin talks about how he has patiently waited to finally be given a fair chance at the championship and win it, putting up with everything from unexpected outside interference to injury that kept him out of the title picture entirely. He says that whether the fans like it or not, they know just as well as he does that at the end of the night, there will be a new Undisputed Champion and it won't be Jericho or Barrett, but Stone Cold Steve Austin.

CesaroVAnderson.gif

After the promo, things return to the ring, where Mr. Anderson is making his entrance for his match against the European Champion Antonio Cesaro. Antonio comes out and this thing gets underway quicker than a hiccup. This match is absolutely brutal, right from the beginning, and the action doesn't stop until the closing bell is rung. Continuing the trend of impressive finishes, this match ends with a finishing move being executed off the top rope through a table.

I must say, Sam continues to impress in his role as the former Claudio Castagnoli. I know some feel he's being held back by the European strap but I disagree, every title is valuable in its own way and success is success. Keep defending that belt, mate. After the match, Backlash returns to commercial, where Cwalker expresses that he hopes you're enjoying the show because of how tiring it was to write and put together. I for one, certainly am enjoying it.

Back from commercial it is time for a number one contendership match pitting Cody Rhodes against Drew McIntyre, rawisrey vs. EoR, who no-showed the second pay-per-view in a row with this event, the first one being Wrestlemania against me in a grudge match when he was playing John Cena.

RhodesVMcIntyre.gif

Despite the fact that only one man trash talked for the match, Cwalker still made it a competitive encounter and something worth reading, and for that, he has earned further respect. Congratulations to rey for winning the contendership, I look forward to seeing Lesnar vs. Rhodes, perhaps with DiBiase thrown in there to cash in on his rematch.

After the match, Backlash has its last commercial of the night, appropriately stating that it is the last commercial of the night. Amusing indeed. Back from commercial, we see the countdown that we saw earlier, except this time it leads to something as, following a blackout, Christian comes out!

I'll be honest, when I saw Christian come out, I thought Andrew has dropped Kassius Ohno and whoever else it was that he had and picked up Christian again, but after looking at UWF.com I saw that I was incorrect, not about Andrew dropping Kassius and whoever though, I was right about that. Only he didn't pick up Christian, Captain Charisma instead is being played by none other than Aniking! Welcome back, man!

Christian does the classic thing where he plays up being a face before revealing that he is in fact a heel as he goes on to put the entire UWF roster on notice, proclaiming that it is only a matter of time before he finds himself commanding the brand as its top tier champion. And now, it's time for the MAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIN EVENT!

FatalFourWay-1.gif

Ladies and gentlemen, I have finally done it. After nearly twenty-eight months, I have become the top tier champion. I am now a four time World Champion overall, but the other three were TNA World Heavyweight Championship wins, which still mean a lot, but now I'm the champion of the company instead of simply the brand. It's ironic to me that what I could not do as a face, I accomplished as a heel. When I first turned, I wasn't sure how well it was going to go, or how well it was being received. Well, this is my validation. Thank you to everyone that's ever read a trash talk or promo of mine, everyone that's ever given feedback on something I've done, everyone that's been an opponent or an ally, thank all of you. The Dresden Era has at last begun!

Post-match, Orton runs in through the crowd and catches Austin with an RKO. When I read that Aries was getting to his feet, I thought maybe he and Stone Cold were going to actually work together to beat up Randy, but it was not to be. Instead, Randy punt kicks the "Greatest Man That Ever Lived" and exits the ring, seemingly to leave the two for dead, but not yet. Randy goes under the ring and gets a can of spray paint, returns inside, and sprays the letters, "NWO" on Aries' back as the pay-per-view comes to a close.

Once again, this show was an incredible pay-per-view. Three new champions were crowned, a new number one contender was crowned, and we got some surprises such as the debut of Christian and the whole Randy Orton/New World Order thing.

I'm certainly interested in seeing how things pan out in the coming weeks in what will be the road to Starrcade. In fact, I'm feeling generous, so I'll share my thoughts on the upcoming Raw card to make this review a bit longer.

Starting things off will be Antonio Cesaro, the European Champion, defending his title against The Miz. I'm interested in this encounter for several reasons; for starters, it's a championship match on a show that isn't a pay-per-view. Also, as I stated earlier, Sam's been very impressive with his European Championship reign, and I want to see how long he can hold on to the belt. Lastly, this match could very well set the stage for a match at Starrcade. If Miz wins, Starrcade will likely see a rematch between he and Cesaro. If Miz loses, well, I wouldn't count him out just yet, I could still see a rematch happening at Starrcade.

Next up, Christian will make his UWF in-ring debut against the man vying for a United States Championship match, Zack Ryder. It appears starting from the bottom will be necessary, as Christian doesn't find himself in any of the Beat the Clock Challenge matches. Will Captain Charisma start his UWF career with a win, or will Long Island Iced Z get one step closer to his United States Championship match? Aniking is certainly no rookie to the e-fed game, but I still get excited when new characters are brought into things, as I greatly anticipate seeing how far they go and how it affects the current dynamic.

The Zack Ryder situation also intrigues me. Brock Lesnar is the new United States Champion, Ted DiBiase is the former champion who is due a rematch, and Cody Rhodes is the number one contender. How Ryder factors into all this will be interesting to see.

Following this, as I alluded to earlier, there will be a Beat the Clock Challenge to determine the number one contender to the Undisputed Championship. Eight matches, four men, one shot! In the first match, the believed head of the incoming NWO, "The Viper" Randy Orton takes on the recently signed Batista. MrFetter versus Andrew, in user terms. My hope is that if Orton wins, we don't get a pissy, moany, "I guess my Batista isn't going anywhere" post from Andrew.

Match number two of the Beat the Clock Challenge will be the "Ballin' Superstar" MVP making his debut against Mr. Anderson. Not bad moving from a match with the European Champion to a match for a shot at the Undisputed Championship, Mr. Anderson, well done. In case you didn't know, MVP is the returning Albo2! This has been a week of returns, something I love to see. Can Killz avenge his loss at Backlash, or is the momentum of the returning albo going to be too much to turn away?

Match three is going to be a showdown of epic proportions as the high-flying Rob Van Dam will go against the former former Undisputed Champion Wade Barrett. Lubaninho versus Lewbrication, man I'm excited for that one. This tournament is full of guys I respect greatly, and I look forward to seeing who ultimately gets the title shot.

Match number four also brings a newcomer to the fray, as Bully Ray makes his UWF debut against John Cena, who recently returned to UWF himself. It's the returning Blizzard against the debuting Ben, who I hope is locked in as Bully Ray for awhile, as I love the character and feel he'll be a good addition to Raw. Super glad to see Blizzard back, who told me my heel Austin has been one of his favorite reads, by the way.

In the main event, I understand it was to be me defending my newly won Undisputed Championship against the former champion Austin Aries in what was billed as the "Final Encounter" with no rematch for either man. However, it appears Chriss is having PC problems and will be unable to participate this week, so I'm unsure what the new main event will be.

As far as promos go: we will be hearing from Orton regarding his actions, MVP will discuss will discuss what he has planned for his UWF run, William Regal will discuss his future, and Stone Cold will discuss what it means to finally be Undisputed Champion, and, as always, the floor will be open to anyone else who wants to cut a promo.

In a final note, everyone be sure to check out the upcoming event, Showdown of Dreams. If you've got a match, trash talk and promo. If you don't, just sit back and enjoy. I'll be back next Tuesday with a review of UWF Raw. Until then, the doctor is out.​

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
re: UWF Interactive History. Articles, Awards, etc

The Dresden Dose is back!

And I appreciate the hell out of it. The Pay-Per-View hasn't recieved the acclaim I thought it would, so it's nice to see some support.

I'm glad you enjoyed the show Chris. Bryan vs Ambrose was my favorite match to write.Their first match was a brawl, so I was determined to make this one a wrestling match.

I know how much you finally being the top guys means Chris and I'm glad I could be the guy to write the match in which you've accomplished it. Whether it be face or heel, your Austin has always been one of my favorites. I'm interested in seeing what the Dresden Era is capable of.

Great review bro. I can't wait to read more.

Last edited:

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5

Sweet! I always loved these. Great additions to PPVs.

And for my promo with Ryder, I didn't know when it would be put in the show. That was Cwalkers decision, so I just said that. No big deal.

There is a lot of stuff here man. You go really in depth with these. I hope to see Bryan/Ambrose continue

rawisrey

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats

Darnsqui, whenever my promos don't make the show the only reason I'm slightly upset is when the Dresden Dose is up so I can get a reviewlulz

Said before, I shall say it again, Dresden Dose is the win to me and I am happy to see it back and on UWF

Blizzard

Reaction score

The J.R. of this e-Fed is right here, folks. You always go in depth of every show, and basically is a huge help to everyone. :)
Anyway, Dresden Doses are always an fun read. I'm glad you brought it back. I'm also glad you enjoyed my segment with Cena and Orton. And, yup, #HEEL Austin is such a awesome read. I know you'll do well as World Champ, Chris.

CaptainxBumout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries
Favorite Wrestler
roderickstrong
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
fandango

My first time ever reading a Dresdon Dose. I've heard a lot about it and it does not disappoint. Everyone loves to have their characters praised and we are praising you back fine sir for a fantastic article.

The Hoov

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
goldust

Great dose as always bro. It's really nice to get all this praise for my Bryan. I was concerned with how I was doing with him but my ego is thoroughly inflated. Thanks everybody lol

Last edited:

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet

Loved Dresden Dose, glad it's back.

Mega props for doing it man.

Aniking

Reaction score

Fuck this is such an awesome read every time you do it. Great job Dres, loved the entire Dose.

On a personal note, I'm very pelased to be back. I honestly thought I was done e-fedding as I had no interest in it by the end of February, but three months on I've found my competitive edge returning ever so slightly and I'm hoping to get back into the swing of things quickly. I guess I've gotta be a little patient and get into my groove again.

Awesome to see Albo & Blizzard back as they always TT very well. Also a big welcome to Ben as Bully Ray!

I see two guys who have commented on this and not the pay-per-view. Shame.

Chase

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes3
Favorite Wrestler
05chlfC

Good review of the Dredsen dose bud. I am hoping we can go one on one soon for the world title, and no screwy things happen to where it leads to a multi man match up. Well now we are moving forward from backlash and on to starrcade. Hoping for a good show out of that.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score

Always a good read, and I too hope that me and TWA get to go at it again, maybe with Rey included.

But let me clear something up, I was never Champion, I was just the number one contender. TWA is the first US Champ under Cwalker and Fetter leadership.

TheOneKnownAsFetter

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole

Great read as always Dresden. The Dresden Dose should be a excellent addition every week to the UWF.

Chriss

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2

This is like a third Dresden dose I have ever red.

Amazing read, especially when I just woke up, LOL.

You should continue doing these. I mean, I understand you are gonna be busy as the champ plus your character in ACW but these are really great.

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
UWF Monthly Nominations: May 2012

For those who were apart of UCW, you know how this works. For those who need updating, let me fill you in. I will give you a list of categories and you will make a nomination for each one. In three days, each nomination will be put up aganist one another in a vote. And the winner of the vote gets the award for the month. Very simple, very basic. Here are the categories.

RAW Superstar Of The Month:

Champion of The Month:

Best Trashtalker Of The Month:

Most Underrated Trashtalker Of The Month:

Most Improved Trashtalker Of The Month:

Tag Team Of The Month:

Member Of The Month:

Most Helpful Member Of The Month:

Writer Of The Month:

Feud/Storyline Of The Month:

OMG! Moment Of The Month:

Match Of The Month:

Get your nominations in and let's get this thing rolling.​

CaptainxBumout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries
Favorite Wrestler
roderickstrong
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
fandango
Re: UWF Monthly Nominations: May 2012

I can't format this from my iPad so here's my nominations.

Raw superstar of the month -

Champion of the month - Dresdon

Best trash talker - RawisRey

Most underrated - Sam

Most improved -

Best tag team - we don't have any unless you count Barrett and Cesaro so them I guess

Member of the month - CWalker

Most helpful -

Writer of the month - CWalker

Feud/storyline of the month -

OMG! Moment of the month - Aries MITB cash in

Match of the month -

I'll edit this later on tonight and fill in all the blanks because I can't look up what happenend this month right now

Status
Not open for further replies.