USB Hard drives

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
Ok my laptop is rammed full of 220gb of music which is virtually capacity of my harddrive. Will a USB harddrive if I transfer all my music to it and tell Itunes to look there for my music be recognised by Itunes as where my music is storedand still sync?

So naf with computers but I need space back on my harddrive for more tunes. Plus my computer so full it's getting stupid slow.

Anonymous

The Artiste
Reaction score
The drive letter for the external hard drive should remain the same when unplugging and plugging it back in, so iTunes will always look on that drive.

But if the drive letter changes for some reason, you can follow this guide to change it back to the one that iTunes knows to look in.

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
Cheers Anon!

Defo need to look into it as new laptop far out of my reach at the min but USB drive I can do especially one with decent capacity.

Xanth

Stuff
Reaction score
Would an external hard drive not be a better option? High capacity USBs would be more expensive I think?

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
Leviathan said:
Would an external hard drive not be a better option? High capacity USBs would be more expensive I think?

Have no idea @[Leviathian] thats kinda why I'm asking. How do they connect though to ur laptop?

Anonymous

The Artiste
Reaction score
Leviathan said:

I'm assuming that's what he meant. External hard drives connect through USB.

Xanth

Stuff
Reaction score
USB port. I have a 1TB and it was £45, so they're pretty cheap.

Anonymous

The Artiste
Reaction score
Leviathan said:
I have a 1TB and it was £45, so they're pretty cheap.

Hard drives went up in price because of a flood in the area that manufactures a high majority of them.

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
Leviathan said:
USB port. I have a 1TB and it was £45, so they're pretty cheap.

THIS

This is ideal. Cheers guys!

Anonymous

The Artiste
Reaction score
Don't mind me, I'll just be here making factual posts and getting ignored.

Xanth

Stuff
Reaction score
I read about that flooding in the paper, somewhere in Japan I think? I could be wrong though.

Anonymous

The Artiste
Reaction score
Leviathan said:
I read about that flooding in the paper, somewhere in Japan I think? I could be wrong though.

Thailand I think. The prices have gone down a little from when it happened, but I just looked and a 1TB external HDD was about £80.

Jose Tortilla

Champion
Reaction score
Don't buy USB external hard drives in this time of age. They are really expensive at the moment because of the tsunami's. No joke. Just wait a few month's and then check 'em out again, they'll be cheaper.

1 TB = €134,95 = £111,31 = $177,43..