• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

US title > All other titles?

Montana

The US title in the past 5-6 years has really gained a lot of value in my eyes. Lately you can argue is certainly better than the IC title and maybe even better than the World and the WWE Championship. Look at all the former champs.

John Cena
Kurt Angle
Edge
Eddie G.
Beniot
Booker T
Kennedy
Lashley
JBL
BIg Show
Finlay
Carlito
MVP

and the only bad champ, Orlando Jordan

=======================================================
Over 5 years, thats a veyr impressive list in my eyes. How does is compare to the world title

IN the past 5 years:

Booker, Mysterio, Orton, Beniot, Goldberg, Batista, Taker, Angle, HHH, HBK, Khali

Orton, Goldberg, and Mysterio???? Even Batista and Booker are questionable champs.

=============================================

Too many IC champs to name

Shelton, Nitro, Flair, Kane, Christian, Jericho, RVD held the belt.

Some big names, but the belt changes hands so frequently

=====================================================

WWE Title

You have John Cena, Hulk Hogan, JBL, Brock Lesnar, RVD, Edge, Eddie, Angle, Big show, HHH, taker and Rock.

Big Names, and is considered the top belt in the company. But did JBL and Hogans Reign ruin the legacy?

----------------------------------------------------------------

What do you think? Sure i didnt list the dates each champ held the belt, but look at the title histories i think the US title argueably has had the best champions. Almost all of the young champ and grown to greater sucess. Veterns have held the belt and had sucessful runs like Beniot. How do you feel about the US belt?

Defiant One

Reaction score
One problem with one thing you said How is Booker T a "questionable" champ? He deserved it, since coming to WWE his only claim to fame was a five time WCW champ he hadnt held a major title for what 5-6 years. Booker deserved it as far as im concerned. Now the rest of what you said. Kinda agree with the lineage of champions of the US Title is better in recent years. The IC title USED to be a stepping stone to the WWE Title but isnt anymore it would even seem the US title has replaced it in that role. The WWE Title is still the best title in the company even if its recent history isnt as good as the US Title's.

MattHardyV1

Reaction score
Well yes I agree that the US belt has been used properly and I was even a fan of Orlandos reign,he was a good wrestler,but anyway all that list is missing is Matt Hardy and MVP and itll probably be the greatest and best used championship of the last 5 years or so.

xtremebadass

It has always been the wild card, at times it could be great competitors and matches, but other times you can hardly see it, but lately its been so much better than the IC title for sure

phantomgerald

i agree with what you stated, but i think the feuds are not interesting enough. take the current feud at the moment. they are just fighting for the title and there is no specific reason to feud. also, the US title is usually used in a wwe title feud, like that time JBL-cena were feuding

Montana

Well yes I agree that the US belt has been used properly and I was even a fan of Orlandos reign,he was a good wrestler,but anyway all that list is missing is Matt Hardy and MVP and itll probably be the greatest and best used championship of the last 5 years or so.

Yes, i agree they deserve it, but another reason why the US title is more valuable. Not everyone who is worthy wins it. You got great challengers who havent won the belt.

Certainly the wwe belt is considered the top belt, but i think its a safe arguement, the holders of the US championship are some of the best the wwe has to offer.

I didnt mind Orlando Jordans reign, but he kinda just dissappeared.

I said Booker was questionable bc he was considering retiring as is old. I loved the king booker gimmick. Bottom line was they wanted the belt off Rey, and Booker just happened to be in the right place at the right time.

Wrestling Station

By just having Cena name in the list will ruin it lol

Seriously, the WHC is a bigger title than all others imo.
No lashely, Cena, Finlay and Carlito in it. so WHC is the biggest and best. hands down.

CenaMark54

The World title has been a joke since HHH beat Orton in 2004.

The IC title has been a joke since Orton dropped the belt in 2004. Orton's reign was one of the best IC runs ever. So in defense, it was a hard act to follow.

The US title has almost always revolved around some pretty good storylines and has been held in pretty high standing. Its still somewhat prestigious. Which surprises me because they have total buried the IC belt on RAW. However, can someone please tell me why Benoit still has it? Does he need it? I think not.

The WWE championship has been the only belt that truly matters over the last 2 or 3 years. That has more to do with who has held it. If Cena had won the WHC back in 2005, that would be the most prestigious belt.

jericho held the IC belt and thats all that needs to be said

i also just realized how many amrks are here

Spoken like a true Jericho Mark.

the dark knight

what have i done D1? cena fans are the last to talk about a title being a joke.

IC title, still has more prestige imo. but i agree that it lost some after the benjamin days.

US title, good title but still now where IC. i hated jordan's reign. reminds me with lashley.

and wrestling station said it best, WHC is the best till now untill cena, lashley, mvp get a touch of it.

Defiant One

Reaction score
lol, but i was saying that what youve done is awaken the sleeping Cena fans, they can hear anything bad said about Cena and then they're relentless they will overwelm you in no time. I agree with part of what you said. The WHC may be more prestigous but the WWE Title is the best Title in the eyes of WWE, but Cena's reign of terror lowers the value of it in my eyes. Where as the WHC was lowered by having Batista holding it as well, not to mention Rey.