Urijah Faber asked to be on the prelim card.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Great Cochrane

Reaction score
I personally imagine a great deal of eyebrows were raised when fight fans figured out that Urijah Faber would be fighting against Alex Caceres on UFC 175's prelim card which is viewable on Fox Sports 1 tonight, especially considering he headlined UFC 169 last February. But the California Kid certainly has no issue being on the prelim card himself.

As a matter of fact, Faber specifically asked for the spot himself and was granted so due to his management. Before his bantamweight tilt with Bruce Leroy, the California Kid took some time to sit down with Fox Sports 1 and discuss the fiasco.

Urijah Faber said:
All the people in bars can watch for free. I asked my management to get that spot. People have to pay for pay-per-view, but the prelims on FOX Sports 1 are free and go out to more fans.

Although being on the undercard may satisfy the likes of fans who can view the fight on Fox Sports 1 free of charge. Faber admitted that it was a little weird being on the preliminary card, a spot that he's never been in the UFC before.

Urijah Faber said:
It's weird being on an undercard. I've never been on one before, but it's a small price to pay to let all my fans see me for free.

Faber is 30-7 in his MMA career with the distinction of never losing a non-title fight within that stretch. His UFC resume includes wins over Eddie Wineland, Scott Jorgensen, and Michael McDonald while dropping title losses to Dominick Cruz and Renan Barao (x2).

UFC 175 prelims take place on Fox Sports 1 (Sportsnet 360 for us Canucks up here) starting at 8pm Eastern Time.

Author: Alex Cochrane
Cited source: Adam Guillen Jr. (MMAMania.com)

---------------------------------------------------------------

Let's go Fabes!

Swinny

Reaction score
Interesting, makes a little more sense then because it did seem like an odd choice over other main card fights. Could be real smart too though because the PPV is already going to be sold due to the two title fights, so giving a big fight like that for free on the prelims can really only help.

The Great Cochrane

Reaction score
Interesting, makes a little more sense then because it did seem like an odd choice over other main card fights. Could be real smart too though because the PPV is already going to be sold due to the two title fights, so giving a big fight like that for free on the prelims can really only help.

Yeah no kidding, Marcus Brimage on the main card? Pffft.

Other than that, this is looking like a pretty stacked card. Hopefully tonight has some promising action. (well, it should. After all it's international fight week).