Update on Tyson Kidd's WWE Career

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Legit Boss

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Source: PWTorch

Tyson_Kidd_bio.png

PWTorch is reporting that Tyson Kidd's WWE contract is coming up next month and it seems highly unlikely that WWE will be resiging him under a performers contract.

The three time WWE Tag Team Champion neck and spine were injured in a freak accident on June 1st, 2015. after taking Samoa Joe's 'Muscle Buster' at the end of a Monday Night Raw dark match. It was originally reported that Kidd would be out of action for over a year but its been speculated that he may never return to a ring again.

Indy

Banned
Reaction score
That's just such a shame, especially when his career was just on the upside, having won the Tag Championships with Cesaro and just him getting more opportunities to shine because of the draft split if he did return. Sucks to see a guy who loves wrestling so much to have his dream taken away from him. Hope it's just a nothing rumour and he does return someday.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
If this is the case, it is very unfortunate. I was a huge fan of his work.

Noa Shalev

Jobber
Reaction score
The injury that Tyson Kidd suffered is a serious injury and it is career threatening. I hope they resign him in hopes that he will come back but from a business point of view that is unlikely

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
That sucks, if it's true. I always liked Tyson Kidd.

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Good for him, i'll look forward to seeing him somewhere else as I always saw him as hugely underrated.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Guys like him with his amount of knowledge and such regarding the business are usually set for life when it comes to jobs. So hopefully he gets a trainer or producer/agent job instead.

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
I always enjoyed his work, that Kidd and Cesaro stuff was awesome. Hopefully he gets a return to the ring and keeps a job in the WWE till then

Geek773

First RWK Euro Champion
Banned
Reaction score
Deserves to keep making WWE big bucks until he's able to return to the ring. From what I can tell from following his Twitter, the intent has always been to return, for him at least. I hope WWE resign him in some other capacity. My big idea is that he manages Cesaro, the guy's english still isn't too great and, whether he needs it or not (debatable), having someone to do his talking for him could very possibly make him a consistent main event superstar.

We can continue to hope for a wrestling return, though, if he's as set on it as he seems to be.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Yeah, I wouldn't think WWE would release a worker of their's that almost died in their ring, and still hasn't recovered. Would be horrible PR for them.

Anywho, I love Kidd's most recent work, but I really hope that he retires to a producer or trainer role. Even if he is cleared to wrestle again, I won't feel comfortable with Kidd wrestling. Neck and spinal injuries aren't anything to play with, especially the kind that he had. It would be best play his cards safe and not run the risk of ending up paralyzed.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
He should be signed as an nxt trainer. He should be a lead for that group. He knows how to wrestle and knows the business like the back of his hand. WWE shouldn't just let him go.

C.M. Shaddix

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
I heard Joe almost killed him and the match was a last minute throw together... maybe he should retire

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
I heard Joe almost killed him and the match was a last minute throw together... maybe he should retire
It was clearly an accident. Those happen all the time no matter how good you are. He just happened to hurt Kidd badly