Update on Tyler Black's injury (And how it will affect this weekend's shows)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Soulpower

Ring of Honor announced Tyler Black will miss this weekend's events due to his neck injury. Chris Hero will replace him in challenging Jerry Lynn for the ROH title in Boston. ROH hopes Black will return in time for their HD Net TV tapings at the end of the month.

Jon Davis of the Dark City Fight Club will undergo surgery shortly to repair torn ligaments in the wrist he dislocated last week as well.

From PWInsider

This is actually pretty good news.. You know, not for Tyler, but for Hero. I'm actually more excited for Hero v Lynn than I was for Black v Lynn.

Qwake

Same here, Hero has been doing well lately and maybe a good showing against the Champ will really help Hero. Should be a good match although it sucks that Tyler Black and Jon Davis are injured.

kraynor3

Reaction score
I'd be happier if it means Hero gets the belt.

If Pearce isn't going to let any of the younger guys get a run, the least he could do is put it on a vet who can go, like Hero or Cabana.

Kizza

As much as I love Lynn, Hero winning the belt would be ownage.

So does Tyler still get his number one contenders match? Him coming back and winning the belt would be insta-jizz for me.

Soulpower

Might as well post this here. It seems Mike Quackenbush will also miss this weekend's show, due to the fact that he needs back surgery.

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
It's kinda lame for Hero to get a shot just as a replacement, since now the whole continent/country of Australia are on his bandwagon. I don't see him taking the belt at all, because it doesn't really seem like a big show in Boston.

Quack out also sucks, for ROH, Chikara, and wherever else he works.

kraynor3

Reaction score
Too bad about Quack.

I hope he comes back soon, he's a guy ROH could really use right now.

Denny Crane

Reaction score
This sucks as I thought Black had a good chance of knocking off "The Wrestler" ripoff Jerry Lynn. I don't see Hero knocking him off so Lynn will win and later probably drop it too Tyler Black sometime this summer.