Update on the ROH/NJPW partnership

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
New Japan Pro Wrestling are very happy with how their relationship with Ring of Honor has been going thus far. Aside from the shows in Canada and New York City, which were both sell-outs and well received, NJPW officials were extremely happy with the performances and presentations of Adam Cole, Michael Bennett, Maria Kanellis and reDRagon at the G1 Climax 24 Finals. NJPW officials will be attending Field of Honor this Friday at MCU Park in Brooklyn to discuss future talent trades, as it’s believed ROH are looking to get Kazuchika Okada in for their biggest show of the year, Final Battle, in December and NJPW are interested in having the ROH World Championship defended on January 4 at Wrestle Kingdom in the Tokyo Dome, which would be big publicity for ROH in Japan.

Read more: http://www.pwmania.com/update-on-ro...s-coming-to-nyc-matt-sydal-more#ixzz3AMIrasS8

Defending the ROH World title at Wrestle Kingdom in front of roughly 40 000 people would be huge. Great to see this partnership going strong.

@Leo C get in here m8

Last edited:

Bort

WALKEN'
Reaction score
Something tells me they might change their mind once they realize Michael Elgin is the ROH Champion. But hey, they've already used Kyle O'Reilly and Michael Bennett, so what the fuck do I know?

Stopspot

Reaction score
Something tells me they might change their mind once they realize Michael Elgin is the ROH Champion. But hey, they've already used Kyle O'Reilly and Michael Bennett, so what the fuck do I know?
This will be the era of Elgin shoot winning matches to hold the belt into WK.

ROH-Hostage crisis

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Weird, you tagged me but I didn't get an alert. Here nonetheless. This is great news for everyone, we could get Okada at Final Battle and the ROH title being defended in front of 40k sounds awesome. I so hope Elgin loses the belt at Final Battle :lol1:

Stopspot

Reaction score
So who do you guys see challenging for the ROH belt at WK?