Update on Batista moving forward

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
LOL o god when is that coming out I want to make sure to see that so i can Laugh XD

It's supposed to be out some time in 2015. Batista should've portrayed some other character, in my opinion.
I mean, why would they have an actor who's American portray the character of a man who's from Thailand? Doesn't really make sense. But I'll be sure to watch the movie when it's out.

But yeah, these are good series of Kickboxer movies. Especially the very first one from 1989, starring Jean-Claude Van Damme.

u_cant_c_me

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
the year I was born cool i will have to see it and then write a review about it on here

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
It's supposed to be out some time in 2015. Batista should've portrayed some other character, in my opinion.
I mean, why would they have an actor who's American portray the character of a man who's from Thailand? Doesn't really make sense. But I'll be sure to watch the movie when it's out.

But yeah, these are good series of Kickboxer movies. Especially the very first one from 1989, starring Jean-Claude Van Damme.

Kind of like Tom Cruise in 'The Last Samurai.' :george:

But in all seriousness, Batista mentioned on Jericho's podcast a couple months ago that they were re-writing some portions of the script to make it different from the original movie. So it's possible that the character in the remake is gonna be portrayed as an American instead or something.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Kind of like Tom Cruise in 'The Last Samurai.' :george:

But in all seriousness, Batista mentioned on Jericho's podcast a couple months ago that they were re-writing some portions of the script to make it different from the original movie. So it's possible that the character in the remake is gonna be portrayed as an American instead or something.

Yeah, it's weird.

I hope they change that character, it doesn't make sense for Batista to play a Thailand kickboxer character named Tong Po.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
Actually, Batista wouldn't be 'American' anyway (whatever that really means).
My understanding is Batista is Greek and Filipino, which are both on entirely different continents from North America (yet closer to Thailand, ironically).
It isn't a stretch for him to play this character as Tom Cruise is in the Last Samurai.

Nevertheless, Batista isn't Thai, which is C.M Bryan's main point.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Awesome for Batista, he's done well in his role as Drax and can probably have more success depending on if they need his character for any other movie other than the GotG sequel.

Dude Love

Jobber
Reaction score
Heeltista was awesome, but I was never a big fan of is. Stick to acting.

• Haha
Reactions: Red Rain