Upcoming movies based on comics

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Smackdown Fan

Reaction score
The New Hellboy film is due for next year and I'm sure they're gonna try and make Spawn and I'm praying for another Electra movie

Yes the Comic Nerd is Back

Y2Jasmine

Reaction score
I know theyve been wanting to make a new Spawn movie for a long time but they were having problems finding a studio who was willing to let the movie be rated -r. If it isnt rated r then its just as well imo because even though I liked the Spawn movie ok, if they cannot make the movie the way it should be made, they shouldnt bother. New Line was concerened that if they made the movie with an R raing they would lose alot of their young audience. I checked it out online and its all old rumors but I didnt hear nothing about it at ComicCon. In regard to a new Elektra movie, I have heard no rumors of it but if they do make one I hope it wont be as big of a let-down as the first one. Also theres no talk at this time that I have heard in regards to a Captain America movie. Im almost sure there will be one at some point in time, but as of this moment I havent heard anything. Right now everyone is focused on the Ironman movie, The Dark Knight, The Man of Steel, the Wolverine movie, The Incredible Hulk as well as the upcoming mystery movie 1-18-08. I might have left out a couple there so if I did please excuse the slip of memory.

Smackdown Fan

Reaction score
In regard to a new Elektra movie, I have heard no rumors of it but if they do make one I hope it wont be as big of a let-down as the first one.

Let down! It was awesome film it's the only film so far that has followed an actual comic storyline, all the other Marvel ones have been nothing about the comics that's why I hated Spiderman, in that there was actual use of the comic book story for any of the villains, Electra was a far better film for actually following the comic book story, I'm sorry to go off on you but why is it whenever a comic book movie doesn't follow the original storyline it becomes a hit and when a comic book movie follows the storyline it's called shit?

Y2Jasmine

Reaction score
I didnt mean to offend you...lol. by letdown I didnt mean it was crap because it followed the comic. I just thought they could have done a better job.

MoKuJoN

Reaction score
there's a justice league movie comming out. the girl they cast as wonder woman is fine.

Weebo

Reaction score
You guys left out Dragon Ball Z, they start shooting any day now and the movie is slated to come out in August of 2008. I know it is a anime but it is also a comic. Justin Chatwin is going to play Goku, James Marsters is going to play Piccolo and the only other cast member announced is Jamie Chung who will play Chi Chi

Reaction score
the Wolverine movie, The Incredible Hulk as well as the upcoming mystery movie 1-18-08.

Wolverine is being written now and yes a great part of it will be the weapon X project.....Hulk is not necessarily a remake but they are pretty much ignoring Ang Lee's version of it (Good) and 1-18-08 is called Cloverleaf and the footage I've seen looks great....

Man of Steel is still in the very preliminary stages.....as it hasn't been written yet....Bryan Singer is working on another project right now....

as far as Ironman is concerned.....for your viewing pleasure...

[YT]zbFuW_Jkbg8[/YT]

Oh and Thomas Jane step out of The Punisher 'cause he thought the script was crap and the studio was unwilling to change it....

here's what he said to Quint at AICN...

I’m writing to tell you that I regretfully and painfully had to pull out of P2. I can’t tell you how completely broken up I am about it. After busting my ass at the gym four days a week for almost two years, watching every character driven action pic that any fan would ask me to watch while I was standing in line buying egg whites and Tuna fish (Leon the Professional, Oldboy, The Seven-Ups (GREAT flick), Point Blank, Escape from NY, The Driver, Magnum Force, The Mechanic, The Great Silence, Sexy Beast, Nighthawks, Cry Vengeance (check it out), Road Warrior, Man on Fire, Outlaw Josey Wales, Rocky (think about it), Serpico, etc etc etc.) after countless Saturday nights making notes and drinking soda water and munching on seaweed sticks while my daughter slept on my lap to the sound of automatic gunfire, (now she can’t sleep without it. I had to make a tape of automatic gunfire to play in her room at night) after hauling myself to any ‘Guns! Knifes! Ammo!’ show in any small town that I found myself in shooting Killshot or The Mist or Mutant Chronicles, after torn ligaments, screwed up rotator cuffs, thousands of $$$ on ridiculously huge vitamins, overly long conversations with frighteningly tall men about The Fastest Way To Kill Someone With Your Bare Hands, and after a dude refused to sell me a Fatburger at 2am on Santa Monica Blvd, I am, sadly – no, make that heartbrokenly – fuck it - just rip out the heart and stomp it into the pavement a couple of times – pulling out. Punisher fans are already fighting an uphill battle as it is. And I’ve always felt a responsibility to fight that fight for them and with them so that Frank Castle gets the treatment he deserves.

I'm sharing this with you because I know you're a fan, like me, and you've got your ear to the ground, and because we seem to share the same sort of taste and passion when it comes to movies and stories that get us off. What I won't do is spend months of my life sweating over a movie that I just don't believe in. I’ve always loved the Marvel guys, and wish them well. Meanwhile, I’ll continue to search for a film that one day might stand with all those films that the fans have asked me to watch.

Sincerely,
Thomas Jane

Millzy Pt. 2

Reaction score
I can't wait for Hellboy 2 to come cause it seems like every Guillermo Del Toro movie gon be good as hell.

Rawkus Keyes

Reaction score
The Joker is expected to be more sinister and less of a prankster in this version

And that right there is the reason Comic Book into Movies will never ever be able to manage anything above a 3.5/5

Villians I want to see in future movies are Poison Ivy, Lady Deathstrike(reprising), Magneto(reprising), Toad(reprising), Pyro(reprising), Scarecrow (reprising), Dr. Doom (reprising), Lizard, Carnage, Apocalypse...
Of course keeping Juggernaut, Sandman, Venom & Blackheart in mind for any future continuations post the ones that will follow the most recently released.

Maybe throw in Franklin Richards, Agatha Harkness, Bat Girl, Robin, Dazzler, Bishop & Silver Surfer to root for the heros in the future.

X-2 is post Rise of the Silver Surfer because when Mystique is looking through William Stryker's computer you can see a folder called "Franklin Richards"
The writers for both DC & Marvel must be fully aware of plot holes.

Perhaps they should have a ghost rider, daredevil, fantastic four & x-men cross over (cause the film rights are all owned by the same movie production company) cross over with Thanos and the Infinity Gauntlet. Of course you'd have to have Magneto, Silver Surfer, Galactus & Deadpool on the hero's team.