Unpopular wrestling opinions you have.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

swangirl

The Artiste
Reaction score
I think Kane is underrated as a wrestler I like his current twist in his character that at the moment Kane is level headed but I keep in mind Kane's personality can change in the blink of a eye
I like Heath Slate and Drew McIntyre I think they are both talented wrestlers

I think Joseph Park sucks and is terrible in the ring

Reactions: Hannah Bee

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
To add a few more:

1. I don't really mind John Cena that much. He's flawed and I can go on about how even as a baby face he could be so much better and more aggressive towards his opponents on the mic (even without the raps), but I still don't mind him. I don't 'mark' for him in any real sense, but it's similar to Hogan - I can understand the appeal and I think his character really fits as the top guy and his "never say die, never give up, always rise above the obstacles" persona isn't really that bad, unless his promos are written to be childish or something. (Blame the writers, not him.) Not to mention the way he trolls the IWC and smarks in the crowd. I also believe he should turn heel one day but I don't get my panties in a twist about it not happening yet because there is still some mileage to get out of Cena's baby face character at the moment.

2. I somewhat agree with Mustafar about Mark Henry. I like that he fills out the monster role and has a way with words in regards to trash talk, but I still don't quite understand the overbearing love he gets from so much of the IWC, especially when the IWC are the same very people who used to say back in the day that he was boring and that his 2006 push was unwarranted because of it, and that he was only entertaining as Sexual Chocolate. What much has changed? I'm also not emotionally warped to the point of believing he should get a "thank you reign" for his career by defeating John Cena at MITB. I want to say I wouldn't mind if he DID win it, but in a way, I kinda would. I want Cena's reign to be built up with more momentum before dropping the title to someone than just the month of July. Kayfabe wise, this victory over The Rock is supposed to be the most important of his career and his title reign began with that win, so I want him to have a long ass reign before dropping it.

3. Roman Reigns is the most interesting one of The Shield for me right now. I agree with those on here that say the company will put most of their chips on him being the biggest breakout star of The Shield because of his look alone, but in the ring, he offers much more then Dean Ambrose. Maybe not Rollins, but Reigns has better presence and by far a better finisher than Ambrose (does Rollins even have a finisher?) and I know Ambrose likely isn't allowed to tap into his crazier mental side because the gimmick of the Shield doesn't call for it just yet, but for the moment, Reigns catches my eye more than the other two.

4. This somewhat relates to my above post, but I like smash mouthed style wrestling just as much as high flying and technical wrestling. People like to say how big guys hitting power moves (which amounts to usually clotheslines and body slams and power slams and stuff, maybe tests of strength) are boring to watch, but I fail to see how it's much different than lying on the mat with someone in a resthold for long periods of time, and then usually moving slow at working their leg or whatever afterwards. One can often be just as slow and dull to watch as the other. It all depends on the individuals and the psychology and the pacing of the matches, really.

Reactions: Hannah Bee