Unlimited Storage In The Inbox?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pete

Reaction score
We didn't pay for VIP either. It was based on post count. Flawed, yes, but encouraged posting and activity.

Anyway, I am not pushing for a shoutbox, just larger capacity in the Inbox for Mods, Admins, and efed Staffers. If at all possible.

Andy

Reaction score
LOL, do Sean (The_King) and I count as mods then? We have mod powers lol. And we're going to need that room for all of the graphics sent to us on a weekly basis.

Yeah, it was flawed, but the features were better, and if someone abused those features, it could always be taken away at the discretion of an admin.

Pete

Reaction score
I guess you would. Basically anybody who needed the extra space (myself and BDC and Slim for efed matters, you guys for graphics, obviously the Admins, the UWF staffers) should have this feature enhanced for their accounts, regardless of whether they were VIP or not.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
There's a feature to download your PM's so if they're that important to you, download them and keep them on your PC.

Pete

Reaction score
That's not the point. The point is people who get a lot of PMs have to clean out their inboxes every other day, at the risk of not getting important PMs due to a full inbox.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
I would just say enhance the pm box so that instead of it just being 100 PMs... it could go up to maybe 200. That way it isn't too much more that it could potentially bog down the site if inboxes aren't cleaned out immediately plus it would provide a bit more space cause 100 is really very small.

Pete

Reaction score
Exactly! Slim hit the nail on the head! We don't need a massive overhaul, just a little more storage space.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Derp.

All I've seen these guys do since they got here is whinge about how better it was at their other forum.

Why didn't you just stay there.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
That's not the point. The point is people who get a lot of PMs have to clean out their inboxes every other day, at the risk of not getting important PMs due to a full inbox.
That IS the point, it's pretty simple really. Download the ones important to you so if anything ever happens to the site, you've got them as backup anyway and clear your inbox. These limits have been are pretty much standard across all forums and I doubt they're going to get changed just because it's a chore for you to spend all of 2 minutes cleaning it out.

Pete

Reaction score
Drop into the ACW sometime, Cork. You might be surprised.

Also, this request is of a practical order, not just "'coz it was better back there!" I'm just trying to make life easier for those of us who care about this place and its features enough to have gotten involved, to a large enough extent that we now need more space in the Inbox. It won't faze the average member, like you, either way, but it does matter to us.

And even if we had wanted to stay there, our old forum shut down. And when we point out differences, we're doing just that - pointing out differences. At least I am. Because I'm beginning to actually like this place :) And who knows, maybe some of the stuff we did back there will be considered sound enough to be adopted here. That is MY approach. I can't really vouch for anyone else. But with the odd exception, people seem to be getting behind you guys - including me, believe it or not.

In the interest of fairness, I will say this: being able to store 100 PMs is better than being able to store ZERO PMs unless you remembered to tick a semi-hidden box beforehand, like at our old forum. It was annoying to look for an old PM, or try to forward one to several people, only to realize it wasn't there. You also couldn't send the same PM to multiple people - you had to send them all separately. So THAT is definitely done better here than there. All I'm asking for is a little space to make life easier. That's not such a hefty request, is it?

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Oh fuck sake, how about utilizing your visitor messaging? I must have over 500 messages on mine. You never have to delete anything.

OR... there's this really nifty invention called MSN Messenger you can use to communicate and it's FREE. Or Skype. Or Aim. Or ICQ. There's a 99999999999 ways to communicate on the internet. Yes, that many exactly, I counted them all.

Frankly I don't like the idea of our shoutbox being spammed with EFed discussion, especially if you are completely unwilling to fork over 5 or 10 measly dollars to use it. That's seriously not a lot of money no matter what country you live in or what level of recession it's currently plagued with. And I don't see why the staff here should re-tailor every little non-VIP feature on the forum just to please your lifestyles.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
That IS the point, it's pretty simple really. Download the ones important to you so if anything ever happens to the site, you've got them as backup anyway and clear your inbox. These limits have been are pretty much standard across all forums and I doubt they're going to get changed just because it's a chore for you to spend all of 2 minutes cleaning it out.

Thats the thing... it isn't about saving those all important PMs... cause I doubt any PM would be that important to be worth saving that you would have to re-read over and over off of the site or anything. Its more along the lines of sometimes you might wind up being flooded with PMs so that when the next day comes you might still have to look through all that stuff to see if there is anything worthwhile before going through the new stuff and you probably wind up missing the new stuff because you're having to sort through that stuff and downloading and saving all of that crap... really necessary? No. See it isn't like he is asking for there to be 1,000 pms which I have seen on other boards. Just a simple modest increase which can be beneficial to all members plus not be a hassle and bog down the site as well.

That's all it is... just a suggestion. A very nice suggestion... well initially it wasn't but with the change... 200pms... its a lot better.

Ben

Reaction score
Most sites have a 50 PM limit, so I thought a 100 was more than enough. I'll comprimise though and up it to 150 for now. But the whole PM system is a major strain on the server so if it causes issues limits will be pushed back.

With the VIP stuff we need some sorts if perks in place so taking away any features there isnt going to happen. Server bill inly is $60 a month and if we continue to grow that will most likely double in cost next year. So VIP and ADS are necessary to soften how much I pay out of my own pocket

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
yeah we aren't asking for access to the shoutbox or anything else... just a little increase in PMs was all.

VIP deserves perks.

Andy

Reaction score
Most sites have a 50 PM limit, so I thought a 100 was more than enough. I'll comprimise though and up it to 150 for now. But the whole PM system is a major strain on the server so if it causes issues limits will be pushed back.

With the VIP stuff we need some sorts if perks in place so taking away any features there isnt going to happen. Server bill inly is $60 a month and if we continue to grow that will most likely double in cost next year. So VIP and ADS are necessary to soften how much I pay out of my own pocket

Mind if you PM you some ideas to add to VIP?

Status
Not open for further replies.