• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Universal to Reboot 'Timecop'

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Universal is putting Jean-Claude Van Damme's 1994 time travel movie, Timecop, in the reboot machine, The Hollywood Reporter has learned. Marc Shmuger and Tom McNulty are producing, but Van Damme is currently not involved in any capacity.

As with the recent Colin Farrell-starrer Total Recall, Timecop won't be a straight remake, but "a re-imagining of the concept," according to the report. Writers are being sought to pen the screenplay, but whomever is hired probably won't write in a scene where the protagonist is required to do a split.

In the original movie, Van Damme plays Max Walker, a police officer who is recruited into a government agency that deals with criminals who've traveled back in time to commit their misdeeds, only to find out that the mastermind behind it all is an ambitious senator who is in charge of the agency where he works.

At a little over $100 million at the global box office, Timecop is Van Damme's highest grossing movie in which he has the lead role.

As mentioned earlier, Van Damme is not involved in the reboot, but that doesn't mean there won't cameo role for him in the movie.

Well this will suck. I can't see this doing much better than Total Recall did either. I hope I am wrong.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
I don't even remember the original, which means that I've either never seen it or it sucked so hard I blocked it from memory. Given how many movies I've seen, I'm going with the second option.