• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Unfair criticism of Randy Orton.

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
Crayo said:
Big Show done that to him. Orton put Henry over, 99/100 people of the IWC will say the same. He beat Orton clean twice, one of those times in a cage wasn't it? Or HIAC? Orton didn't damage Henry at all.

As for Christian, he was in the main event the whole feud with Orton, even after it he hung around with his "one more match" gimmick. At the time, Sin Cara was hot. He was getting huge pops and was breaking upper mid-card, so they put him in a feud with a main event Christian which I suppose took him out of the main event, no way is that Orton's fault.

It started at Orton cause it showed how he can take down a monster. Also after his World Strongest Slam, Orton got up with no problem and almost took out Henry. By that it just made him look weak again.
Christian still has the One More Match Gimmick, but as of now I would be surprised if he got and won one.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
CM Punk said:
It started at Orton cause it showed how he can take down a monster. Also after his World Strongest Slam, Orton got up with no problem and almost took out Henry. By that it just made him look weak again.
Christian still has the One More Match Gimmick, but as of now I would be surprised if he got and won one.

That doesn't make Henry look weak, he was still seen as a threat, had massive reactions and still was a draw according to ratings. Just because a monster gets attacked, doesn't mean he's "buried". I mean, what would you prefer, Henry going over the biggest superstar on SmackDown and 2nd biggest in the WWE cleanly, having Orton get on his knees similar to Shawn Michaels at Mania' selling his pain, or have him lose but beat up Orton after?

And agreed, WWE just don't have faith in Christian. I love the guy.

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
Crayo said:
That doesn't make Henry look weak, he was still seen as a threat, had massive reactions and still was a draw according to ratings. Just because a monster gets attacked, doesn't mean he's "buried". I mean, what would you prefer, Henry going over the biggest superstar on SmackDown and 2nd biggest in the WWE cleanly, having Orton get on his knees similar to Shawn Michaels at Mania' selling his pain, or have him lose but beat up Orton after?

And agreed, WWE just don't have faith in Christian. I love the guy.

It took some credibility out of him. Like, "Hey look, the monster can actually be beat!"

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Rephrase that too "Hey, look, the monster can be cheap shotted with a weapon and it actually hurts him" lol :).

I still think Big Show was the one who "buried" Henry. I was shocked when Henry went over Orton clean twice. That pushed him from "Temporary monster ME" to "Omg this guy could be real deal ME".

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Crayo said:
Rephrase that too "Hey, look, the monster can be cheap shotted with a weapon and it actually hurts him" lol :).

I still think Big Show was the one who "buried" Henry. I was shocked when Henry went over Orton clean twice. That pushed him from "Temporary monster ME" to "Omg this guy could be real deal ME".

I agree with this here. Henry needed to be kept human and show some weakness or the fans would have lost interest. Big Show did bury him Henry looked worse after the show feud then better which is the definition of burying.

Burial (or Bury)
refers to the worked lowering (relegation) of a popular wrestler's status in the eyes of the fans.

From here : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glossary_of_professional_wrestling_terms#B

Sage.

Champion
Reaction score
Definitely Big Show who buried Henry. Big Show does it to most people though -.-.

As for Orton vs Christian, hard to say, Christian was a main eventer because of it but his first reign was looked at as a joke. I'm sure the IWC wouldn't of cared though if they knew Christian was going to have a semi-long decent heel reign.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Crayo said:
Agreed. Guy has to leave.

Fixed that for you. He doesn't serve any purpose at all now imo. He's not as athletic as he once was sure he cuts decent promos but is it really worth it? No one can work with him in an extended feud without looking bad.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
seabs said:
Fixed that for you. He doesn't serve any purpose at all now imo. He's not as athletic as he once was sure he cuts decent promos but is it really worth it? No one can work with him in an extended feud without looking bad.

He cuts decent promos? Since when? :)

Agreed, either he goes heel and puts over some face, or he puts someone over with his current character. Should of put over Mark Henry, an entertaining monster tbh.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Crayo said:
He cuts decent promos? Since when? :)

Agreed, either he goes heel and puts over some face, or he puts someone over with his current character. Should of put over Mark Henry, an entertaining monster tbh.

He can be funny like that one ti.... or when he spoke ab.... ermmm curse you crayo.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Crayo said:
Haha, exactly :). How would you write him off?

Have him put over Brodus as the next monster of the WWE after a 10 minute WM match use some of the overness he's seemed to have gathered for the next big monster heel. Brodus actually reminds me abit of a young show as very athletic for a larger man. I wouldn't give him too big a send off they should be reserved for the Flairs of this world.