Undertaker Possibly Undergoing Surgery

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
sources: www.f4wonline.com, The Sun

-- Undertaker is suffering from both knee and hip problems and wasn't brought to last week's SmackDown/ECW duel taping as a result. At the show, there was talk he would be undergoing minor surgery on his knee, but nobody seemed to know for sure. There was also a feeling that his knee could have more serious damage when opened up.

The long-term uncertainty on both Undertaker and Jeff Hardy is one of the reasons company officials sped up the planned John Morrison babyface turn and made sure that CM Punk would be perceived as a top star on the brand from the onset.

I hope Taker will be ok. He's still my all time favorite. I know it can't last forever, but I hope he will bounce back. He's done so much for wrestling, and if it is time for him to retire I hope he gets a worthy dose of respect, and honor.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
Makes since. They need guys to step up into the main event scene on SD. Although I still don't like Punk. Sucks about Taker though. WM 26 Taker, Retirement, think about it buddy.

MikeRaw

That's too bad. But, on the one hand, it's good to know that they won't be able to waste potential feuds with Taker (such as Jericho or Umaga vs him) now, and will have to wait until Survivor Series or Wrestlemania to use them. I'm pretty sure Taker will be out for a while, even if he doesn't have surgery. JR said (in his blog) that we shouldn't expect to see him til the summer or later.

Klide

Makes since. They need guys to step up into the main event scene on SD. Although I still don't like Punk. Sucks about Taker though. WM 26 Taker, Retirement, think about it buddy.

neither do i man i hate punk.. but the young guns need to steep up and taker its gonna be sad to see him go i would like to see his streak to 20-0

Denny Crane

Reaction score
I think when Undertaker returns they need to put him on RAW. Smackdown will be better served to go with Hardy, Edge, Punk and Jericho as their main eventers as I think they could put on great shows on their own. Let Undertaker go to RAW and then HHH can stop the streak lol.

NinoBrown

Reaction score
When isn't Undertaker battling some injury. Just retire, so you won't have to go under the knife anymore.

noumenon

^^^Hell no.

First off, Taker would NEVER go to RAW. If he wanted to be there, he'd have been there years ago. Taker loves being on Smackdown. He's got one of the strongest pulls in the company and pretty much works under his own terms. Why would he compromise that by being on the same brand as Triple H and HBK.... on top of that having to contend with the priority booking of guys like Cena and Orton.

Besides that, Taker is one of the best vessels they have right now for getting young talent over. Smackdown needs a guy like that right now...who else on the show can do for a young star what a feud with Taker can? Edge and Jericho are big...but not in that sense. He does a great job of putting over younger talent and Smackdown does need at least one legend on the show to keep a certain audience.....the old shool Attitude Era fanbase I suppose.

ANYWAY...ON TO THE ACTUAL TOPIC. I've read that his knee injury could be worse than expected a few days ago. I haven't heard anything since then though. The guy is pushing into his mid to late 40's and is still going extremely strong. I'm sure 2009 may very well be his last year, but at least he'll bow out gracefully. Do any of us really want to see an immobile Deadman hobbling around the ring....not too scary.
Taker has a few more feuds left in him yet. I'de say there is the much hoped for Jericho feud as well as him hopefully putting over a younger talent at some point this year before leaving.

Airfixx

He's been looking pretty wobbly for a while as it is... (I remember when he faced HBK @ WM this year, thinking "phew, at least they worked the leg early in the match to excuse his limp".)

At this point I think the main thing is that he takes stock of his situation and gears his remainig appearances towards a WM retirement.... Would totally suck if he pushed on past WM26 only to be force to hang up his boots at JDay or similarly keep working a relatively large schedule and burn out around Armageddon this year... It'd shit on the legacy of the GIMMICK if there's not some big ceremonial 'passing' over for the Phenom and certainly wouldn't be the send off that Mark Calloway deserves.

I s'pose there's always this year's Survivor Series.... 20th Anniversary of Taker in WWE...?

NinoBrown

Reaction score
Besides that, Taker is one of the best vessels they have right now for getting young talent over. Smackdown needs a guy like that right now...who else on the show can do for a young star what a feud with Taker can? Edge and Jericho are big...but not in that sense. He does a great job of putting over younger talent and Smackdown does need at least one legend on the show to keep a certain audience.....the old shool Attitude Era fanbase I suppose.

HA! Unlikely. If anything when Taker gets in the ring with the younger talent, they end up victims. I can't even think of the last "younger talent" he put over. Muhammed Hassan was the closest one.

I'm looking out for Mark. If Taker don't retire now, he might resort to a wheelchair like Earl Campbell. Looking into the rest of the year, Taker has three good feuds left: Jericho, Umaga, Punk. Let's say two months each for each, 6. He'll wrestle 2-4 times in each of those feuds. Even that sounds like too much. I don't want Mark to be one of those wrestlers that didn't know till it was too late to retire. I'm really hoping this is his last year.