Undertaker, and The Future

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
It was reported recently that Taker went through with the surgery he's needed for so long. They also say he might be back by Summer Slam. Now you know I LOVE The Undertaker, but I also know Taker might only be around for another year or two.I also want him to do what's best for himself, and not end up looking as pathetic as Duggan(who don't know when the hell to quit) so whatever decision Taker makes I repsect it. I hate that idea, but I know it is inevitable. Now to me Undertaker embodies a unique combination of longevity, a willingness to adapt, and evolve, and one of if not THE most successful gimmicks ever.
I kinda got the feeling that the reason guys like Mordecai, and that one guy from last year who had a dark persona , but never made it past vignettes on Smackdown didn't survive long is because Taker does this type of thing best, and nobody would buy it from someone else other than Mark Calloway. Do you think ANYONE would ever be able to match Undertaker's legacy, and gimmick? Or is his one of a kind that will never be replaced? I believe of course that he is , and always will be the one, and only of his kind.

Reaction score
No one can replace Undertaker. He's an original, just like no one will replace Jeff Hardy, Mick Foley, Ric Flair and Shawn Michaels. I would love to see Undertaker go on forever but i know he wont. Probley CM Punk could get the reaction Undertaker gets once he wins a world title in a normal match and not after the champ is near knocked out/dead.

Ballin

Reaction score
People like Mordecai and Kevin Thorn might be able to last in the WWE for a little bit but will never have the legacy of him. As for another "Deadman", I don't it will ever happen. Just the great matches that he has won't be able to matched by a similar gimmick.

I loved Kevin Thorn and Mordecai btw.

Colin Gimp

Reaction score
You guys are stupid if you're contemplating on what gimmick he's going to come back with. Aren't you past his cheesy gimmicks that's for the kids? We're suppose to pay attention to him in the ring. And in that ring he's THE best. No one can portray a match like the Undertaker can, and that's why he could come out wearing rainbow tights with a mask on and I wouldn't care.

Personally, I would rather have him only come out of the blue for the "super fights" with no gimmick attached only revenge or something badass.

As for the original question, What are you stupid? Do you really think WWE is going to last another 10 years in this world? You can't even verbally abuse someone in this world, Wrestling represents everything the world is trying to get away from, we're becoming pussys.

Once it loses it's deal with USA their dead me friend. WWE is just waiting to blow up, isn't it obvious? They promote violence and hatred, they promote sexism, and that's just what I see on TV. Could you imagine if the world went indepth into wrestling? We don't care right now, but the next gen will. Oh fuck yeah, our last generation didn't care about smoking, now look at us

MikeRaw

Just let him come back for a WM angle, hopefuly against Jericho, and then retire. I respect the guy a ton, but it's nearing the time to move on.

chessarmy

Undertaker is a legend that will live on forever, nobody will ever replace what he brought to the WWE and its going to be very sad to see him go. He had a great career, lots of classic matches and moments, I can't wait to see him return hopefully at Summerslam, Smackdown! definitely would benefit. However, I expect that Taker's last match will be at Wrestlemania 26, and I also expect it to be another classic

noumenon

I honestly doubt if we'll ever see another "supernatural" gimmick after Taker retires. WWE has been making the obvious transition into more real true to life gimmicks over the past few years. It seems like a given that Taker will be going out as the "Deadman" but I would like to see them open up the character a bit more when he returns, and perhaps do away with the supernatural shit completely. I'm sure there can be a nice balance between the American Badass and Deadman gimmicks.

Klide

His gimmick is probably the best one wwe has seen. But it is time for him to take time of permenentally. He has done so much in the wwe and his name has been cemented in the buisness. During the HBK match at WM 25 i noticed taker limping(fake or real dude needs rest lol) and and a lot of fatigue. And the last thing taker needs is to be a duggan and flair so he'll need to leave pretty soon for the best imo

Rated-R Punk

Reaction score
During the build up to the WM match with shawn we saw taker talk a lot more than he has done in recent years, maybe this will a way of opening up his character a bit more towards the climax of his career?

noumenon

Yeah, he did cut several promos but they were still in that exagerated voice..
"Something something something...darkside....something something something..complete." :)