UFC (Understanding)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

lucaskieren

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle2
Favorite Wrestler
bobbyroode2
Favorite Wrestler
tysonkidd
I watched a UFC Fight Night Show and enjoyed the heck out of it but the way it is set up is confusing me and i need some help.

What is a Fight Night compared to a PPV?
How do they become NO 1 Contenders?
Is there rankings?
How often are events?

Sorry for the stupid questions but live in the UK and i just have got the channel which shows it.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Fight Nights are free and usually are padded with lighter weight bouts and the only name value is the headliner, usually have a few a month....think of it as Raw.

They do have a rankings system, but it's basically all for show and to keep the MMA media off their ass and mainly book fights that would get them the most interest.

Talking alot of shit and getting attention is a good way of getting contender shots or having such a win streak it gets silly to not have a title shot and the events are almost bi-weekly.

lucaskieren

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle2
Favorite Wrestler
bobbyroode2
Favorite Wrestler
tysonkidd
Thanks pal, so in a way it is kind of like WWE in a way that it is kind of storyline driven as well as getting attention. Sounds good i might continue to watch a few more shows and try to get into it.

ninjashoes

Reaction score
They are supposed to be smaller shows sometimes on free TV but often the normal numbered events aren't any better.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
My take on the matter is that it's ranked as so:

PPV's are basically what the title says, you'll get the bigger more important fights on here on usually a monthly basis. Can easily be compared to the WWE in a sense that the UFC's main card have often looked super weak and not worth the PPV price.

UFC on Fox is sort of like RAW in terms of stature. They're on a huge free network in the USA and usually have pretty stacked cards. They usually have some pretty strong names on these cards that you could easily see being on a main card of the PPV. They're not very regular though, maybe get around 3 or 4 a year.

UFC Fight Nights are for the most part skippable as the vast majority of people on the card you will literally never hear of or see on the other broadcasts unless you're a diehard fan. These kind of shows are usually taking places in different countries like Australia, Sweden etc so you'll often see the cards filled with talents from that market and then a standout headline fight which will usually consist of 1, maybe 2 solid names who could be on PPV, but aren't PPV headliners.