UFC should sign Lashley... Now.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

MikeRaw

They need to do it. Lesnar was given a chance in th UFC after only one fight, which he won. Lashley is 4-0, and should now be given a chance to compete in the UFC. Obviously Dana doesnt' want UFC to be a place for a ton of former pro wrestlers, but if the guy is good, it shouldn't matter what he did in the past. Lashley is 4-0, and deserves a shot. If they want to improve the HW division, they should. Hopefully UFC sings Fedor, but in the meantime, they should sign Lashley, and see what he can do.
If they sign Lashley, it'd be a big boost to the HW division.

Switchy

Reaction score
I don't think Dana White will sign any more HW's now until after TUF 10 is done 'cause it'd kinda defeat the object of TUF bringing new HW's into UFC. UFC would only probably sign Fedor if they were to sign a HW because they've been chasing him now for ages but tbh on the subject of TUF I gotta say I'm really surprised Lashley never got in with him being probably the best up and comer HW outside of UFC atm.

Don't worry though, he'll be in UFC sooner or later, I'm predicting early 2010 myself, gives Lashley time to prove himself against 1 or 2 more challenging opponents to show UFC how much he's worth.

MikeRaw

^I just don't get why Lesnar can get in after going 1-0 (although I'm glad, seeing as I'm a Lesnar fan), yet Lashley has to wait. I agree about the TUF thing though. It woudl've been good to see Lashley in there, but I guess because he has other fights already planned, like the fight he just had with Sapp, and TUF10 is filming right now.

Switchy

Reaction score
I see your point about Lesnar but then with Lesnar it was kinda a first time thing, like no-ones ever seen anyone convert from pro wrestling to MMA so in a way it was kinda a big deal. With Lashley though, it's not going to be as big a deal as it's a matter of "been there, done that" so while they signed Lesnar as a "former pro wrestler who could draw some money", they won't be looking to sign Lashley as that, they'll be looking to sign him as a talented MMA fighter like the rest of the guys they sign.

But then I'm just an English kid tryin' to read Dana White's mind so there you go :p

xtremebadass

Well if Dana doesn't want to sign him right now, he should atleast be thinking about. I mean, look at Brock Lesnar, he was signed just being 1-0 after defeating this little japanese dude. Bobby Lashley is 4-0 with a win over Bob Sapp. Lashley might not hit as hard as Lesnar, but I believe his ground game may be better. Lesnar was on top of Mir most of the fight and couldn't connect with any ground game except for strikes. Lashley could be a huge benefit for the UFC. He might not be as big of a name as Lesnar, but after seeing the success of "signing a pro-wrestler" with Lesnar, I think Dana White should sign another. Lashley has a more impressive out of UFC record than Lesnar, I say why not? Give him a shot!

MJ807

Reaction score
I don't see why Lashley wasn't put on TUF this year with it being a HW year kick Kimbo "Street Fighter" Slice out of the house and put Lashley in there someone with actual talent. Can you imagine the buyrates that they would get for a Lashley vs. Lesnar Main Event for the title.

xtremebadass

They only wanted one celebrity on there, first time ever a well known guy outside of UFC is on the show. If they had two celebrity guys on there it would be overkill.

UFC world would rather see Kimbo than Lashley, that's what it came down to I think.

DENNIN

Reaction score
Lashley v Lesnar = Ultimate Slap In The Face For WWE

Reaction score
Give Lashley another year then have him in the UFC. Yhat is just my opion but it would give him a chance to muture up a little and fget better with skills .

ajs

Reaction score
Dana should add Lashley to T.U.F.10. It could pit Kimbo (vs) Lashley. Ratings would blow off the charts!!! Ofcorse Lashley would win!!!

CenaMark54

Maybe its because the UFC knows Lashley can't hang? If he was good enough, i'm sure the UFC would have signed him already.

Double J

Reaction score
Nah they wouldn't of signed him off the bat just because they don't want to look like a place that accepts all former 'pro wrestlers'. Also Lashley may not be able to sign with UFC at the moment because he's signed still with TNA.

Now if White called Lashley today and offered him a contract I'm sure he'd get out of TNA asap.

Personally I think they need Lashley because I'm not really sure who could actually beat Lesner.

Reaction score
I'll admit I'd like to see Lashley vs Lesnar. I woul want Brock to win of course because I couldn't stand Lashley as a wrestler.

EnterTamed

Reaction score
^ so youre entire basis of who you would want to win would be becuase of pro wrestling? thats exactly why dana hasnt signed lashley, he wants people to see them for their fighting ability and not pro wrestling, which for lesnar was just a job for money, id be more interested in seeing who the actual better wrestler is, with them both being multi time college national champs, lesnar being a world champ and lashley being a silver medal in nationals.

lashley vs lesnar would draw big but everybody in the building would be booing the whole time as most MMA fans dont like anyone involved in pro wrestling, even though they are just as good as athletes.