UFC on Fox Sports 3: Teixeira vs. Bader

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
UFN_28_event_poster.jpg

Main Card (Fox Sports 1)
Glover Teixeria vs. Ryan Bader
Yushin Okami vs. Ronaldo Souza
Joseph Benavidez vs. Jussier Formiga
Francisco Trinaldo vs. Pitor Hallmann
Rafael Natel vs. Tor Troeng
Marcus Vinicius vs. Alsi Bagautinov

Preliminary Card (Facebook)

Hugo Viana vs. Johnny Bedford
Felipe Arantes vs. Kevin Souza
Joa Zeferino vs. Elias Silverio
Lucas Martins vs. Ramiro Hernandez Jr.
Marcel Guimaraes vs. Keith Wiskiewsi
Yuri Villefort vs. Sean Spencer​

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
I'm struggling to know some of these guys are even on the main card. That's the problem with pumping out all of these fight night cards. Some of these guys nobody has a clue about. Brazil is a hot market though, so I guess they will do just fine over there. Can't wait for Jacare-Okami just to see someone finally stop Okami and his constant cage control/clinching. Also Benavidez is always fun to watch, I want to see him face Mighty Mouse again.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Pretty much outside of those top 3 fights I dunno who any of those guys are... but I'm just wondering how much longer is Glover gonna have to wait til he gets a title fight. He's been taking guys out left and right and keeps getting passed up for his shot against Jones.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Pretty much outside of those top 3 fights I dunno who any of those guys are... but I'm just wondering how much longer is Glover gonna have to wait til he gets a title fight. He's been taking guys out left and right and keeps getting passed up for his shot against Jones.
I'm not sure if Dana said it or was another matchmaker, but I watched the MMA Beat and Ariel Helwani was saying that if Glover beats Bader in impressive fashion then he will (or likely) get the next shot otherwise it will go to Daniel Cormier if Glover doesn't impress and Cormier does against Nelson.

Not sure if that was the official line or putting two and two together. Whatever the case, it seems the likely route i'd say.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Well I hope so. I think Glover would pose quite a threat to Jones. Although Cormier could do the same... if he doesn't lay another egg like he did against Mir cause Jones will push the fight to an extent if need be. Jones does go for the finish.

But here is hoping that Glover does finish Bader in impressive fashion. Kinda like how Machida did when Bader was out cold.

Chase

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes3
Favorite Wrestler
05chlfC
Glover needs a knockout here to challenge for that crown. If he would've knocked out Rampage, no discussion he would be fighting instead of Alexander. Glover better not doubt Bader. This could be a trap fight with Bader, and it could cost him. The other fights look solid.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
Wow Benavidez looked great tonight. Team Alpha Male continues to dominate. Hope to see a rematch between Benavidez and Johnson for the title.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
It was confirmed at the post fight conference that Glover is set to get the winner of Jones/Gustafsson.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
Forget to mention how good Jacare looked. It's rare to see Okami get dominated like that. I'm convinced that Jacare could be champion down the road, maybe a fight with Vitor is the next one to get him a title shot. Had no idea his stand up was that good.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Wow... I completely forgot about this card. And I wanted to see those top two fights. Man... that sucks.

Embrace Thou Maryse

Reaction score
Helping Maryse practice her French Kiss...
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
therock4
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Yeah Jacare looked crazy good. Legit world class BJJ and not lame MMA BJJ but real BJJ and now the guys got some crazy KO power to go along with it. Big threat going forward, he wrecked Okami with ease.