UFC cuts Middleweight Fighter

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Andrew~Walker

Reaction score
Jake Rosholt will have to fight his way back to the UFC.

The middleweight fighter today confirmed the Ultimate Fighting Championship has dropped him from its roster of middleweight competitors.

The termination comes a week after Rosholt (6-2 MMA, 1-2 UFC), a three-time NCAA Division I national wrestling champion and four-time All-American, suffered a first-round submission loss to Kendall Grove at UFC 106.

"Not a good day," Rosholt wrote on his Twitter account. "Just found out I got cut by the UFC."

Rosholt, who turned pro in July 2007 after his successful amateur wrestling career at Oklahoma State University, defeated Nissen Osterneck in his WEC debut before the organization's middleweight division was folded into the UFC. Rosholt suffered a submission loss to Dan Miller in his February octagon debut but rebounded for a submission win over Chris Leben in August.

The Leben victory, which came at UFC 102, earned the Las Vegas-based fighter a $60,000 Submission of the Night bonus.

Rosholt's 6-2 career record includes four wins via TKO and two via submission.

mmajunkie