UFC 148: Silva vs. Sonnen II

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
AtOjMj0CQAA7Zm5.jpg:large

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Definitely looking forward to Ortiz/Griffin as well. Can't even remember the last time I saw Maia fight.

That card is stacked for sure, certainly not missing the fall of Silva either.

Chase

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes3
Favorite Wrestler
05chlfC
I remember there was a guy posting on here, and said move Silva and Sonnen to this card. Huh can't remember his name but he had a good idea.

Anyways card has that good MMA hardcore fan watch ability and throw in the casual fans this has a good recipe for fun. Too bad Cruz got injured because TUF live was doing a good job hyping a fight between Faber and Cruz. Now we have to wait and momentum is killed. Now Faber has to defend against Barao.

Every MMA fan is jumping on Renan's nut because

A. His record is good.

B. Most can't stand Faber.

His best win in my eyes is a sloppy win over Scott Jorgenson, he will give Faber trouble not that, just not sucking into this stupid hype fans like to put around. Swear MMA fans when some new number one contender is made, they either praise him too much, or belittle and laugh at him. Kinda sad.

Ryan

Reaction score
This card is absolutely stacked. I can't stand Tito Ortiz. I hope to see him get KTFO by Griffin. I might have to buy this one cause there's no way I'm going to be able to get into Applebee's to see this.

spiderman

Reaction score
Though I love Anderson Silva because of his exciting style but this is the only fight that I'm going to favor his opponent because it's Chael Sonnen, the most dangerous guy on the octagon. My take is for Chael to win via unanimous decision.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
[youtube]P88g9GR3NZs[/youtube]
[youtube]BAH2NqfEIqA[/youtube]
[youtube]Wp6ElDf_wM8[/youtube]

spiderman

Reaction score
Chael Sonnen definitely has a good sense of humor other than being a great MMA fighter. He can be a stand-up comedian when he's done with the UFC.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Fingers crossed this card doesn't get ravaged by injury like UFC 146. One of the most stacked cards I can remember seeing from UFC, a couple of the prelims would normally have been big enough to get on the main card of any other show. Really looking forward to this one.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
So many injuries in the UFC lately, if anything happens to this card I'll be pissed.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
According to a report by Globo's SporTV, UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva has injured his knee while preparing for his high-profile rematch against Chael Sonnen.
In the report, Silva says that he's hopeful and believes that he'll be fully recovered in time for his title defense.

Silva and Sonnen are scheduled for a second go-round on July 7, with their rematch/title fight scheduled to headline the UFC 148 fight card in Las Vegas.

From what I've seen on various sites this won't effect the Silva-Sonnen fight, hopefully at least. Something to keep an eye on.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Chael needs to end this fight and not drag it into the championship rounds. He has the striking to get it done, but the last thing he needs is to get winded late in the fight, then have Anderson rip his arm off. I really doubt the fight will go to decision.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
From what I've seen on various sites this won't effect the Silva-Sonnen fight, hopefully at least. Something to keep an eye on.

Just a blatant excuse from him again so either he backs out the fight or has a fallback for when he loses.

Remember he had 'broken ribs' when Sonnen pounded him for 5 rds.

In other news, Sonnen wanted to train with Palhares but he turned it down for obvious reasons.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Silva's saying that report is false and his knee is fine, but if(when) he loses the fight it'll be his first excuse about why he lost as Cork said.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
481183_372134926169825_177884095594910_882145_1163237242_n.jpg

Main Card/PPV
Middleweight Championship: Anderson Silva (c) vs. Chael Sonnen II
Interim Bantamweight Championship: Urijah Faber vs. Renan Barao
Light Heavyweight: Forrest Griffin vs. Tito Ortiz III
Welterweight: Dong Hyun Kim vs. Demian Maia
Featherweight Bout: Chad Mendes vs. Cody McKenzie

Preliminary Card/FX
Bantamweight: Mike Easton vs. Ivan Menjivar
Lightweight: Khabib Nurmagomedov vs. Gleison Tibau
Middleweight: Riki Fukuda vs. Costa Philippou
Lightweight: Fabricio Camoes vs. Melvin Guillard
Lightweight: John Alessio vs. Shane Roller

New poster has been released for this PPV. I actually like, it's simple and effective. Rich Franklin has stepped up to fight Wandy at UFC 147 so as of right now Cung Le is off this card and i assume Mendes-McKenzie is going to take it's place on the main card. And obviously this is the GOAT card.​

Last edited: