UFC 145 - JONES vs. EVANS

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Catfish Billy

Reaction score
Ufc-145-poster-jones-vs-evans.png
Main card
Light Heavyweight Championship bout: Jon Jones (c) vs. Rashad Evans
Welterweight bout: Rory MacDonald vs. Che Mills
Heavyweight bout: Brendan Schaub vs. Ben Rothwell
Lightweight bout: Mark Bocek vs. Matt Wiman

Preliminary card
Bantamweight bout: Miguel Torres vs. Michael McDonald
Welterweight bout: Matt Brown vs. Stephen Thompson
Lightweight bout: Mac Danzig vs. Efrain Escudero
Welterweight bout: Keith Wisniewski vs. Chris Clements
Featherweight bout: Marcus Brimage vs. Maximo Blanco​

It's hard to bet against Jones in this one, but Rashad certainly could do it. I still think that Jones will take it.

On another note, this is one of the worst UFC posters that I have seen in a long time.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Still better than most wrestling posters though.

Catfish Billy

Reaction score
It looks like they're made been drawn with semen, horrible poster!

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Besides the obvious thing I'm excited for, I'm ready to see Ben Rothwell in action again. I was so entertained by his match with Mark Hunt at Mile High. Watching the two absolutely gassed heavyweights slug it out was phenomonal, but I hope he actually wins this encounter, which I have faith that he will. If his conditioning improvs, he could really make a name for himself.

Mitch Buchannon

Free Palestine
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
roderickstrong
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
kyleoreilly
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
u6DnU5I
Good to see Rory MacDonald back in action. Future star right there.

Swinny

Reaction score
Miguel Torres vs. Michael McDonald promoted as sixth UFC 145 main-card matchup

A key bantamweight fight between former WEC champ Miguel Torres (40-4 MMA, 2-1 UFC) and fast-rising youngster Michael McDonald (14-1 MMA, 3-0 UFC) is getting main-card treatment.

UFC officials today announced that the previously reported contest has been promoted to UFC 145's pay-per-view broadcast.

The April 21 event, which takes place in Atlanta's Philips Arena and features a light heavyweight title fight between champ Jon Jones and former titleholder Rashad Evans, now has a six-fight main card.

Torres fights for the first time since a brief UFC release following a controversial tweet. Torres, though, hit the community and showed the UFC his remorse, and he recently was welcomed back into the fold. He returns with three wins in his past four fights, which included a unanimous-decision victory over Nick Pace in November at UFC 139.

"Fighting on pay-per-view is special to me," Torres stated. "I would watch the big boxing cards with my father as a kid, and my father would well up with pride and emotion when guys like Julio Cesar Chavez fought. I'd never seen my father show so much emotion, and I am proud to become an extension of that great Mexican fighting legacy in the UFC."

He takes on the fast-rising McDonald, who owns a seven fight win streak (including one in the WEC and three in the UFC). Since joining the UFC, the 21-year-old has earned decision wins over Edwin Figueroa and Chris Cariaso and a 56-second knockout of Alex Soto.

"I think Miguel Torres is definitely the most significant opponent I've ever faced on a business perspective," McDonald stated. "Now it's my chance to prove to myself that I can do what I think I can do on a huge pay-per-view event."

MMAJunkie

Death Dealer

Feel the Heat
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Sports Team
hwhonWK
Favorite Sports Team
1uls6gJ
Aw sheet, HAMMER MTFO! I'm gonna stream this shit tonight assuming I find one.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Watching the prelims now, does anyone else think Travis Browne could be on his way to a title fight if he can get two or three more wins like that? I mean, if he can beat someone like Nelson or Schaub, then move up and beat someone like Carwin, he'd be well on his way to a UFC title fight, in my opinion.

Swinny

Reaction score
Watching the prelims now, does anyone else think Travis Browne could be on his way to a title fight if he can get two or three more wins like that? I mean, if he can beat someone like Nelson or Schaub, then move up and beat someone like Carwin, he'd be well on his way to a UFC title fight, in my opinion.

Yeah, definitely. He's undefeated and this last win was probably his best yet, he's definitely on his way up.

Swinny

Reaction score
FC 145 salaries: Headliners Jones ($400K), Evans ($300K) earn top paydays

UFC light-heavyweight champion Jon Jones ($400,000) and fellow headliner Rashad Evans ($300,000) were the top earners at this past weekend's UFC 145 event.

They accounted for 56 percent of the event's $1,241,000 payroll.

MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) today requested and received the list of official disclosed paydays from the Georgia Athletic and Entertainment Commission.

UFC 145 took place this past Saturday, April 21, at Atlanta's Philips Arena. The night's main card, which included Jones' unanimous-decision victory over Evans, aired on pay-per-view. FX and Facebook carried the prelims.

The full list of paydays from the 12-bout card included:

Champ Jon Jones: $400,000 (no win bonus)
def. Rashad Evans: $300,000

Rory MacDonald: $36,000 (includes $18,000 win bonus)
def. Che Mills: $8,000

Ben Rothwell: $104,000 (includes $52,000 win bonus)
def. Brendan Schaub: $14,000

Michael McDonald: $16,000 (includes $8,000 win bonus)
def. Miguel Torres: $32,000

Eddie Yagin: $12,000 (includes $6,000 win bonus)
def. Mark Hominick: $17,000

Mark Bocek: $46,000 (includes $23,000 win bonus)
def. John Alessio: $10,000

Travis Browne: $24,000 (includes $12,000 win bonus)
def. Chad Griggs: $27,000

Matt Brown: $36,000 (includes $18,000 win bonus)
def. Stephen Thompson: $8,000

Anthony Njokuani: $24,000 (includes $12,000 win bonus)
def. John Makdessi: $12,000

Mac Danzig: $54,000 (includes $27,000 win bonus)
def. Efrain Escudero: $10,000

Chris Clements: $12,000 (includes $6,000 win bonus)
def. Keith Wisniewski: $10,000

Marcus Brimage: $16,000 (includes $8,000 win bonus)
def. Maximo Blanco: $13,000

Now, the usual disclaimer: The figures do not include deductions for items such as insurance, licenses and taxes. Additionally, the figures do not include money paid by sponsors, which can oftentimes be a substantial portion of a fighter's income. They also do not include any other "locker room" or special discretionary bonuses the UFC oftentimes pays. They also do not include portions of the pay-per-view revenue that some top-level fighters receive.

For example, as previously reported, UFC officials handed out additional $65,000 UFC 145 bonuses to Rothwell ("KO of the Night"), Browne ("Submission of the Night"), and Hominick and Yagin ("Fight of the Night").

In other words, the above figures are simply base salaries reported to the commission and do not reflect entire compensation packages for the event.

MMAJunkie