UFC 130: Edgar vs Maynard III

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy

UFC 130

Main Card
Light Heavyweight bout: Quinton Jackson vs. Matt Hamill
Heavyweight bout: Frank Mir vs. Roy Nelson
Heavyweight bout: Stefan Struve vs. Travis Browne
Middleweight bout: Brian Stann vs. Jorge Santiago
Welterweight bout: Thiago Alves vs. Rick Story

Preliminary Card (Spike TV)
Bantamweight bout: Miguel Torres vs. Demetrious Johnson
Middleweight bout: Kendall Grove vs. Tim Boetsch

Preliminary Card
Bantamweight bout: Renan Barao vs. Cole Escovedo

Really good card here. I was one that thought Maynard won the last Edgar vs Maynard fight but I don't mind that they are having a rematch since the last fight was so entertaining. I am sticking with my pick of Maynard. He seems to get the better of Edgar every time and he should be able to finally win the title here.​

Finally we get to see some heavyweight bouts. The rankings in the division isn't very clear at the moment and it will be nice to see who is close to a title shot after Lesnar vs JDS. Mir vs Nelson is a completely mismatch and I will be cheering on Nelson. I can't stand Mir and I hope that Nelson will be able to finish him. Stefan Struve is one of my favourite fighters and I hope that he can defeat Browne and move back up the rankings closer to a title shot.​

Jackson vs Hamill doesn't interest me that much. I don't know why Jackson is back in UFC, I thought that he was going to retire and Hamill is just a fighter that I don't like. I expect Hamill to win.​

Brian Stann is a likeable guy and a rising star. I don't know much about Santiago but I will be cheering on Stann to get another UFC win.​

Thoughts on the card?​

Last edited:

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Don't get the Rampage and Hammill hostility Troy.....Hammill is like super nice and inspirational. Plus he can make you laugh by simply talking. Rampage still is Rampage.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I started to dislike Rampage after he was coach on TUF opposite Rashad Evans. He ignored all his fighters and didn't actually coach them anything.

Hamill I didn't like when he was on TUF, I was a Bisping fan on the show and Hamill just bugged me.

Dademo

Reaction score
I started to dislike Rampage after he was coach on TUF opposite Rashad Evans. He ignored all his fighters and didn't actually coach them anything.

Hamill I didn't like when he was on TUF, I was a Bisping fan on the show and Hamill just bugged me.

Well if you watched TUF 7, you would expect it, haha.

I love this card, and I can't wait for it. I see Frankie getting the better of Gray in this fight though, and winning a UD, or catching him in a guillotine like he almost did last fight.

Rampage vs. Hammil is the big mismatch is you ask me. Although I like both guys, I can't see Matt winning this fight really. Matt has strong wrestling, but Rampage has been working on his TDD defense a lot recently.

Brian Stann should destroy Santiago is you ask me though. Santiago couldn't cut it against Leben and Belcher last time he was in the UFC, and with an, up and coming star now Brian Stann, I don't see him cutting it again.

Stefan Struve should beat Travis Browne. Don't know why this is on the Main Card over the great two prelims though.

I'm interested in Mir/Nelson though. I like Mir for his cockiness and his attitude, and I love how he always seems to be the bad guy for some reason. But I really like Roy Nelson, and I think JDS is just on a whole other level for many people at HW, so I think Nelson will take this and maybe fight Schaub again.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I can't think of any other heavyweights for the winner of Nelson/Mir to face other than Carwin or possibly Schaub. The only issue is I think Carwin will fight before these two are ready to fight again so he will need a new opponent and that opponent may be Schaub.

Chase

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes3
Favorite Wrestler
05chlfC
[video=youtube;KP5Gr6GqDVQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KP5Gr6GqDVQ[/video]​

Here is a promo video for the event made by this youtuber named NicktheFace. Great video and this fight will not disappoint that is a fact. I think the rest of the card is iffy, but I still look forward to this fight.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Three weeks till this PPV.

Thankfully none of the main fights have been changed which is good since all five should be good fights. Maynard vs Edgar is going to be another battle and surely this time Maynard will walk away with the title. Jackson vs. Hamill doesn't interest me that much but in saying that it should be entertaining since I can't see it going to the judges. Mir vs. Nelson will be a brawl with hopefully Nelson coming out on top, Nelson knocking out Mir would be sweet. Brian Stann is an exciting fighter and his KO of Leben was very impressive and I hope he continues with another win. Struve against undefeated Browne is the battle of the giants and as a Struve fan I want him to win.

On paper this looks like it will be a great PPV.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Struve is a good prospect in the HW division, when he fills out that lanky frame he will be a force.

Mir/Nelson should be good if there isn't a gameplan to follow in this one, hopefully Nelson subs Mir again.

Looks like Santiago was brought in to take a beating from Stann, who is as marketable as it gets.

Rampage should beat Hammil, his boxing is better and should be able to stuff Hammills shots.

Maynard should take the title from Frankie this time, but I wouldn't sleep on Frankie who has a point to prove in this fight.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Both Edgar and Maynard are out of this bout due to injury. Edgar has herniated discs in his back and Maynard has a knee injury I think. Sucks out loud and now Rampage and Hammil are left to mainevent the card. Hopefully the stacked prelim card can deliver and be hyped more since Frankie and gray were the real draw for this card.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
This is not a good week for UFC. Edgar, Maynard and Lesnar all out injured. This PPV will lose out on a lot of buys since Edgar vs. Maynard III was a huge draw. There are some other very good fights on the card but no real mainevents. Such a shame that we will have to wait even longer to see a clear result for the title.

kenai21

you are right this time we have to weight for the title result,Its such a long time to watch next winner,But for this we have to watch UFC 130 Online till the next finalist are not going to play the match.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Hello? Do I see my first spambot at WS???

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Anyone watching this? I might actually skip it.

All depends on what happens with the NHL playoffs. Canucks made into the finals for the first time since 94, kind of a big deal.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I was planning on getting it but now I am not going to bother. I don't think this card is worth the money without Gray vs. Maynard on the show. Rampage vs. Hammill is not a mainevent worthy fight.