UFC 129 Predictions

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dademo

Reaction score
Georges St. Pierre vs. Jake Shields

Georges St. Pierre is an amazing fighter, no doubt. I honestly think Jake Shields can win this fight. I'm not saying it will be easy, but I can see Jake Shields either taking GSP down then submitting him, or if GSP takes him down, him subbing him with an armbar or triangle or kimura, or reversing the mount and then subbing him while he's mounted on GSP. But then again, if your one of the two top pound for pound fighters in the world, it's going to be a hard fight for the challenger. Jake Shields is one of my favorite fighters so War Jake Shields.

Jose Aldo vs. Mark Hominick

Jose Aldo hasn't fought a striker like Mark Hominick, but flat out, Mark Hominick hasn't fought Jose Aldo, period. Hominick needs to watch out for those leg kicks, and Aldo's somewhat flashy moves. Nevertheless, I see Aldo taking this.

Vladdy Matyushenko vs. Jason Brilz

Both vets but I see Brilz controlling this with his wrestling.

Randy Couture vs. Lyoto Machida

Some say Lyoto Machida has a lot to prove in this fight but I don't think so. I hate how people are going to overlook him now just because of that Shogun loss and his 'loss' to Rampage. I'm a fan of Machida and I'd rather him not change up his style as long as it's going to make him win. He did well in his first 16 fights so just because of two unforuntate losses doesn't mean he needs to change his fighting style, but I can see why he would do that because of judging.

Mark Bocek vs. Ben Henderson

I heard a rumor that Bendo had a bad weight cut and he didn't make weight yesterday (but on a third try off camera apparently he did make weight.) and I can see that affecting a fighter like him. I'm just pumped for this fight, but I won't count out Bocek.

Prelims:

Nate Diaz vs. Rory McDonald
Sean Pierson vs. Jake Ellenberger

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Georges St. Pierre vs. Jake Shields

When Belfort faced Silva I had high hopes for Belfort and thought he was a chance at the title. That didn't work well and it made me realise that I shouldn't go against an elite fighter like Silva. Therefore I won't go against GSP. He has proved himself again and again against top fighters and even though Jake Shields is an awesome fighter and a tough challenger I just can't pick him to win.

Jose Aldo vs. Mark Hominick

I don't see Aldo losing his title here. Hominick is a good fighter but Aldo is in a class above.

Vladdy Matyushenko vs. Jason Brilz

Randy Couture vs. Lyoto Machida

I see this as a mismatch. Yes Couture is a legend but his best is behind him. Machida still is in his prime and I am also surprised at how much he has been written off since his last two loses. He has been unlucky with the judges and honestly I would be shocked if Couture wins. Machida just needs to ensure it doesn't go to the judges.

Mark Bocek vs. Ben Henderson

I am going to back Henderson to get the win. He dominated in WEC before losing to Pettis in his last fight and I see him starting his UFC career with a win.

Prelims:

Nate Diaz vs. Rory McDonald
Sean Pierson vs. Jake Ellenberger

Dademo

Reaction score
Thats how I feel kinda Troy. I feel like two elites, like Anderson Silva or GSP should never be bet against unless they are facing eachother. But I have very high hopes and confidence for Jake Shields.