UFC 108 takes a hit

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Andrew~Walker

Reaction score
Gabriel Gonzaga has withdrawn from a heavyweight bout with Junior dos Santos at UFC 108 on Jan. 2 in Las Vegas, due to a staph infection in his arm.

Gonzaga’s manager, Marco Alvan, said the fighter is taking antibiotics and is expected to resume training in a couple of weeks, but would not have enough time to prepare for the Brazilian striker Dos Santos. Yahoo Sports was the first to report of Gonzaga’s withdrawal on Wednesday.

Dos Santos is expected to remain on the UFC 108 roster against an opponent that hasn’t been named yet. The 25-year-old fighter has three straight wins in the Octagon, including his third-round dismantling of Mirko Filipovic at UFC 103 last September.

That sucks, it seems like the heavyweight division is taking a lot of hits. Lesnar, Carwin, Noguiera, and now Gonzaga. Call up time for some heavyweights not in the UFC?

phantomgerald

That's what the HW is supposed to do, create stars but so far it hasn't really created any HW star that can cut it at the top level tyet. Hopefully Kimbo will be that dude.

Wordlife

tbh I believe Kimbo has what it takes, I mean granted he got smashed in TUF, but who says that shit isn't fixed? The UFC is hurting literally right now, bout time someone stepped up and fought in place of these huge HW stars

monkeystyle

Reaction score
He has zero ground game and has shown zero aptitude for adapting to it. He'll get slaughtered by any HW in the UFC as it is.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
You will find yourself rapidly losing your fanbase if you get pasted in every fight.

Wrestling Station

yeah, plus the "THOSE (referring to his fists) are ready to go! you know! are just ready to work!!" >_> what a dumb fuck!

Qwake

Damn that sucks, I wonder who will replace him.

Would anybody want a Cro Cop/Dos Santos rematch?

Andrew~Walker

Reaction score
Crocop is already booked to fight Ben Rothwell at UFC 110. But let me throw another name out there. A bit of a stretch but hey they are slowly losing big names. Bobby Lashley.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
I thought that the UFC wouldn't touch Lashley as long as he was under contract to TNA which is why he was negotiating with StrikeForce.

Andrew~Walker

Reaction score
Well UFC was after Lashley to do TUF but Lashley's management told him not to do it. And in an interview Lashley did not too long ago, He said TNA knows if he gets an MMA contract that takes precedent over all else. Plus I think Dana's HW pool is getting kinda low in terms of drawing ppv buys.

fluiche09

Reaction score
I was going to come in here and say something like:

"Oh my gosh, I mean, if he got poked in the eye, then I think a finger hit him in the eye or something".

hmm...Was not too far off.

Front row seats to every UFC...Do these ill informed sexy women really deserve that? If wearing the shorts would do it for me, Id be a ring guy.

Dylanfsd

Reaction score
^rofl wtf.

HW division always really seemed weird to me, they really never got as big as LHW, MW, LW, WW. I think back in 2000 is where they actually had some talent and established fighters. Most of them now are established, but just suck in general.