U2's Bono provides character reference for Courtney Love's new house

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kellie

Reaction score
11_CourtneyLovePR181111.jpg

U2's Bono wrote a character reference for Courtney Love so she could rent a new house, according to reports.

In an interview with the New York Daily News, the Hole rocker revealed that she had turned to the singer to help bolster her application for a new Manhattan condo.

Love, who was involved in a much-publicised legal dispute with her old landlady, said that she hadn't been asked to provide a credit-check but had been asked to provide some character references, adding:

They chose Bono. He wrote a paragraph.

Although it has not been revealed what the U2 main man penned, Love was eager to dispel the image of her as a difficult tenant. "I've never gotten a noise complaint. It sounds really lame, being a rock star and all. But I haven't," she said, before correcting herself by adding: "That's not true. I did get one once, when I was living on the sixth floor of the Mercer [Hotel]. I was watching that movie with Nicole Kidman and Jennifer Aniston and Adam Sandler [Just Go With It]. The person next-door called and complained it was too loud."

In January of this year, a judge refuted claims made by Love's old landlady that the singer hadn't paid her rent. However, he made no judgement on allegations that she had damaged the property by wallpapering and painting over its walls.

Last month, meanwhile, Love responded to reports that she killed her daughter's pet cat by insisting it was eaten by a mountain lion. The claims, which were made by Frances Bean Cobain when filing for a restraining order against her mother, are featured in the new ebook Courtney Comes Clean, but Love's lawyer claimed that the allegations were false and that they were looking to take legal action over leaked confidential court documents.

nme