Tyler Perry replaces Idris Elba as Alex Cross?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Johnny23

Reaction score
Last Night

So I was sitting down last night getting ready to watch some tv,when to my delight I noticed that Against all Odds 06 was coming on and that it was also in the same timeslot as No Way Out,so i thought to my self every so offten i would chanel hop to see the diffrence so the AAO'S starts off pretty well with The Natrauls vs Austin Aries & Roderik Strong decent match I thought,Then it was a X-Devision match with Jay Lethal coming out on top,I was really enjoying it so much that I almost forgot that NWO was on aswell so I turned over to see what was going on,what do I see?? 2 midgets in the ring, so I quickly turned back over to TNA, a falls count anywhere match with Rhino and Abyss, OMG how good is that match Abyss chokeslams Rhino through a table,then Rhino Gores Abyss through another table,now heres me thinking this is awsome i thought the match would have been over there,NO WAY,the 2 of them continue brawling right up to the bleechers where easily one of the best things iv seen in wrestling happen in ages,Rhino gores Abyss off the damn bleechers through 4 tables,I was in complete aww,a quick chanel hop,Ohh look theres Jillian Hall trying to be Britney Speers,affter seeing that I stuck with the superior for the Rest of the night,where I saw Big Samoa Joe,Aj Styles and Christopher Daniels have one hell of a brutal match thee a King of the Mountain with Christian Cage and Jeff Jarrett.

If you take alook at the WWE thread like I did there are some people actually defending that P**S Poor product,if anything its makes you laugh,ohh well till next time,laters my fellow TNA commrads:)

Truth

Reaction score
Well we all know TNA puts on better PPV's then WWE but the point is at this moment WWE is much more superior, has better storylines, and well what brings in more money, entertainment or wrestling? Vince thought it was Entertainment and look where he's at right now.

Johnny23

Reaction score
With Comments like that,your basically just telling me your an Entertainment Fan and not a Wrestling fan,so you would rather watch Midgets/bad talent contests/god awfull main events, and soon to be to 60+ old men (Trump/Mcmahon) on the "biggest" ppv of the year have to guys competeing for them to see who gets there hair cut,thats not entertaiment thats bad bad low budget soap opera

Truth

Reaction score
Actually no what I just said was that TNA has better wrestling, WWE has better storylines/promos/characters. The Trump/Vince thing is great, yes its entertainment seeing as its two billionaires competing against eachother (luckily not in a match). Two midgets is better then Christy Hemme vs Fat Oily Guy, its better then this idiotic Eric young/Booby Roode crap. I even said TNA had better PPVs so your above comment made no sense.

Johnny23

Reaction score
sure tna has its faults,there are some things i dont wanna see on ppv to,the christy hemme thing was bad i addmit that,maby what i said did come off a bit harsh,but for me personally tna is better there are alot of good posative exciting and fresh things happening,i just think that WWE has become stale and a parady of its self,and i think you gotta agree with me on that atleast.

phantomgerald

i agree with u johnny. but whats happening is that russo is ruining tna on a crucial time when wwe is putting on the best show in months

Mike Chaos

Reaction score
Of course everyone blames Russo, and for no reason. You have no facts that Russo is ruining TNA.

circle

Reaction score
I still think TNA needs to build more credibility. Of course I do believe the TNA PPV's are better than some of the WWE PPV. But,the fans need to be patient with TNA as it continues to grow in the business. Of course we all clamor for another wrestling war, but the fact is TNA is not ready to compete (based on its ratings). I still think TNA has a great model of building its credibility/company by signing stars and putting up great matches, but its also working on its marketing to get the name out by its fans and its team of staff.

As much heat Russo gets for possibly "ruining" TNA or so I hear. I think he is a good building block as well. Is he the right guy for the job? maybe yes, maybe no, b/c if he was maybe they can be further along, but once again TNA is taking it slow, and not rushing into things. So it may not be all Russo's or TNA management.

This Guy

So I was sitting down last night getting ready to watch some tv,when to my delight I noticed that Against all Odds 06 was coming on and that it was also in the same timeslot as No Way Out,so i thought to my self every so offten i would chanel hop to see the diffrence so the AAO'S starts off pretty well with The Natrauls vs Austin Aries & Roderik Strong decent match I thought,Then it was a X-Devision match with Jay Lethal coming out on top,I was really enjoying it so much that I almost forgot that NWO was on aswell so I turned over to see what was going on,what do I see?? 2 midgets in the ring, so I quickly turned back over to TNA, a falls count anywhere match with Rhino and Abyss, OMG how good is that match Abyss chokeslams Rhino through a table,then Rhino Gores Abyss through another table,now heres me thinking this is awsome i thought the match would have been over there,NO WAY,the 2 of them continue brawling right up to the bleechers where easily one of the best things iv seen in wrestling happen in ages,Rhino gores Abyss off the damn bleechers through 4 tables,I was in complete aww,a quick chanel hop,Ohh look theres Jillian Hall trying to be Britney Speers,affter seeing that I stuck with the superior for the Rest of the night,where I saw Big Samoa Joe,Aj Styles and Christopher Daniels have one hell of a brutal match thee a King of the Mountain with Christian Cage and Jeff Jarrett.

If you take alook at the WWE thread like I did there are some people actually defending that P**S Poor product,if anything its makes you laugh,ohh well till next time,laters my fellow TNA commrads:)

thats fine last years Feb TNA PPV was better then this years WWE feb PPV. Big deal. This proves that TNA is better? thats the stupidest arguement I've ever heard. Even WWE fans crapped all over No Way Out last night. But this years Against All Odds PPV was a pile of crap too. And TNA has Russo running things. This guy is more about entertainment over wrestling then any other person in the industry. Bottom line, yeah the WWE PPV stunk last night, TNA's the week before stunk too. And right now WWE is producing a slightly better product over all then TNA.

Kairi

Reaction score
source:

http://www.deadline.com/2011/01/tyler-perry-as-alex-cross/

QED has packaged an adaptation of I, Alex Cross, the James Patterson novel that is essentially a reboot of the James Patterson mystery series that starred Morgan Freeman as the detective/psychologist based in D.C. Tyler Perry will headline this version, and Rob Cohen will direct.

Distributors are circling the project right now. In fact, Paramount, which distributed the Cross mysteries Kiss the Girls and Along Came A Spider, is interested in taking the project off the table. It will be interesting to see if Lionsgate steps up after Perry has consistently turned in winners for the minimajor, which collects a distribution fee on pictures that Perry owns. The Alex Cross reboot was originally conceived as a vehicle for actor Idris Elba, who was going to play the character in the novel Cross, with David Twohy directing. Perry became the lead in recent weeks. It's likely to be a controversial choice, and the key will be whether Perry can bring the considerable following that follow his directing vehicles. His biggest successes came when Perry played the female alter ego, the stereotypical matriarch Madea.

He last directed For Colored Girls, an adaptation of the iconic 1975 play by Ntozake Shange. His movies usually have a strong female following, and the Cross mysteries are action mystery which appeals to a male viewing audience. It is a radical departure for Perry, who usually stars in the films he writes and directs (Star Trek was an exception). Lionsgate recently acquired Take My Wife, a comedy that will star Perry and Dwayne Johnson. Cohen is an interesting choice as director, and has a franchise track record: he launched both the XxX and The Fast and the Furious franchises. I'm told that the plan is for Perry to star in a trilogy. QED partners Bill Block and Paul Hanson will produce. WME reps both Perry and Cohen.

Deadman

Reaction score
I'm not a big Taylor Perry fan. He's funny, sure. But he's bitten off a lot lately, and I think he needs to reevaluate a little right now. I'm not sure he could pull of something that serious and dramatic.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Not really familiar with Alex Cross so can't say whether this is good or bad. But hopefully this is more range for Perry rather than the usual.