Two TNA Contracts Expiring

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
pwmania said:
Hernandez’ contract with TNA Wrestling expires this month. He has been appearing for the Mexican based AAA promotion since the spring.

Rhino’s contract expires shortly as well.

First of all I had thought that Rhino's deal was up but apparently not. I assume that he will be the one fired at Turning Point in the match between EV 2.0 and Fortune.

Hernandez is an odd one. I assumed that he was going to be pushed to the sky by TNA. LAZ were huge and once they split Hernandez had a great singles run. Since TNA sent him to AAA as part of their talent exchange it seems like he has been forgotten. I expect TNA to re-sign him tough as he was over with the TNA crowd and could be a maineventer for them if they decide to push him once he returns from Mexico.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
Hernandez was labeled as lazy once he went solo and that killed his push from what I heard. He still has a lot of potential though so I wouldn't be shocked either way. Rhino is done with the organization.

xXSlaveXx

Reaction score
Yeah that came from no where, the guy came off of the radar after fueding with Morgan. I don't wanna see another TNA original go, but at the same time if he goes to WWE it'll be awesome as well. Just wanna see the guy keep a job to be honest as I loved his singles run last year as well as tag champion with morgan.

Reaction score
In all honesty, Rhino is the only one I'd like to see continue with TNA. I realize he isn't where he was say 5 years ago, but the guy can still deliver in the ring and put on great matches, certainly better ones than Hernandez in my opinion. Hernandez was awesome in Latin American Exchange, and he and Homicide had a great run, but the guy doesn't cut it for me in singles action, I find him boring and without someone to bounce off of like Homicide, I think his in ring skills lack and hold him back from being a big star. If they were to maybe turn him heel, have him rock the monster heel angle then it could work, but with someone with limited in ring skills like him, a face run just doesn't work for me. Much like Batista is a small sense, he doesn't fit the face persona, but he does fit the heel persona... I find a heel doesn't need to be the best wrestler to look like a viable threat in the ring, but a face however does...

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
The issue with Rhino is with the booking team. He has had no interesting storylines for a long time in TNA and has been forgotten about too often since 2008. The last big storyline he had was when he was training Jesse Neal to be a wrestler for TNA. He could be so much more for TNA yet they don't seem to want to use him ahead of many others on their roster. If TNA don't want him could he have a chance back in WWE since WWE are struggling for big names and he could certainly add something to the IC and US title divisions.

I do like Hernadez more as a heel when he is a singles wrestler and agree that he is quite similar to Batista. Big imposing presence without exceptionally wrestling skills so works best as a heel intimidating other wrestlers and fans. I can't see TNA letting him go though after the effort they put into him through LAX and beyond.

Reaction score
Hernandez gimmick in AAA is VERY annoying! Hernandez needs to show that he wants it! He has the size and the ability, but as far as being lazy, well lets look on how the new TNA treats people who been with the company for 4 plus years. Homicide is gone, Daniels is gone, Petey Williams gone! See the direction? Hernandez may have the size to compete in the WWE, but he should straighten up his act and hopes TNA will resign him. Rhino well he has had many epic matches in TNA! And I would say he should be one of the faces, because some of his matches took TNA to another level!