TV Twin Peaks Returning After 25 Years

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

So I've been one of those that have argued against the show coming back ever since I first watched it for a variety of reasons. The length of time it's been off air being a major reason, along with the ages of the actors now, but the main reason was just how much of a drop off there was in quality through the last half of the second season. The first season and first have of the second season was fucking amazing and then it just got dumb until the last couple of episodes.

All that withstanding, I was shown this video without reading the title or even knowing it was about Twin Peaks and I flipped the fuck out with happiness so fuck all my other opinions that I've ever had because I can't wait for this. GET HYPE!

Also, I didn't feel like pulling up a news story, but from what I've read this will be a 9 episode mini-series and Lynch will direct them all. It will be a continuation of the series/movie with that fucked up timeline they have going on. Also a little Easter egg: Right before what Laura does in that video she had just told Agent Cooper that she'll see him again in 25 years.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Wondered when you would get round to this!

I think the second season suffered a little bit in the second half when Lynch went off to do Wild at Heart and there were creative differences between him and Frost. The 25 year dream thing is an interesting twist, and it does make you wonder if Lynch had this planned all along. Whatever this is really exciting news, and that Lynch is directing all nine episodes means he will make them as good they can be (which I am guessing why the release isn't until 2016).

Also, it will be interesting to see what difference the show being on showtime will make. When they did it original I guess you couldn't get away with as much graphic content on prime time television. Of course it didn't need all that to be edgy and groundbreaking, but now there is more room it might lead to a different kind of show.

Anyway, there are few of us on here who love Twin Peaks so hopefully over the next couple of years we can really get a good discussion going over our hopes for the new episodes. This feels like the best news ever and I am going to repeat the old episodes really soon!

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
The second season suffered because ABC and Frost wanted to reveal Laura's murderer when Lynch rightfully agreed they shouldn't. Literally the episode after he was revealed there was a severe drop in quality and it didn't catch back up until the last episode.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
The second season suffered because ABC and Frost wanted to reveal Laura's murderer when Lynch rightfully agreed they shouldn't. Literally the episode after he was revealed there was a severe drop in quality and it didn't catch back up until the last episode.

That's what I heard too. The only thing I will say in favour of the Frost/ABC side of things is that Twin Peaks was always about much more than Laura Palmer's murder so its not like there was plenty of other stories besides that. Also, I still think Lynch leaving was a big reason for the drop as his version as one of the show runners is so important.