TV guilty pleasures

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Geese

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Wrestler
Y8A7yx1
Favorite Sports Team
sacramentokings
Favorite Sports Team
Rx1XOnt
Rules of Engagement is my current guilty pleasure. Critics were absolutely harsh with Engagement when it first debuted in 2007. I have a feeling they were taking their anger out on Rules--as it was a generic sitcom about married life--because the innovative, brilliant Arrested Development was canceled by FOX in 2005. While it was no award winner it wasn't as bad as the critics have made it out to be.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mustafar Reginald

Evil Scotsman

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
drewmcintyre
Favorite Wrestler
dwaynejohnson
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
1m1d5Ur
Favorite Sports Team
yhoeQgg
Favorite Sports Team
F772IRo
Favorite Sports Team
ebJCdBL
Willow and Tara out of Buffy the vampire slayer :success: oh spike as well :thumbsup:

Paul Diaz-Berrio

The Artiste
Reaction score
Boardwalk Empire. I fell in love with that show and I didn't think I would because a treasurer and his sheriff doing illicit activities on the side seemed unlikely to me, but as soon as I saw what they got up to and how they did it, I quickly changed my mind and regard that series as one of my all time favorites. The wolves in sheep's clothing, the legit people who are also criminals, are the things I really enjoy about modern cinema and TV and I can't help but consider it one of my most guilty pleasures.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Still watching Younger. I like the show more than I thought I would. What have I become? What. Have I. BECOME!?

Geese

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Wrestler
Y8A7yx1
Favorite Sports Team
sacramentokings
Favorite Sports Team
Rx1XOnt
Kelly Clarkson Show. She says "y'all" a lot and doesn't have any background in daytime talk but she's still better than celebrities who've tried doing their own talk shows and failed miserably: Sharon Osbourne, Suzanne Somers, and Magic Johnson. There's a bubbly personality about Kelly and she brings in well-known celebrities on her show; unlike Sharon Osbourne whose guests were no-name sitcom actors from the CW.

Last edited:

Geese

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Wrestler
Y8A7yx1
Favorite Sports Team
sacramentokings
Favorite Sports Team
Rx1XOnt
Dexter Seasons 6 and 7. Critics say Dexter jumped the shark after the fourth season but the sixth and seventh seasons made for compelling drama. There were unpredictable plot twists in the sixth season with the Doomsday Killer and it gets interesting, and at times humorous, when Debra finds out who Dexter truly is.

Last edited:

Geese

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Wrestler
Y8A7yx1
Favorite Sports Team
sacramentokings
Favorite Sports Team
Rx1XOnt
Call me Kat.

Last edited:

Geese

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Wrestler
Y8A7yx1
Favorite Sports Team
sacramentokings
Favorite Sports Team
Rx1XOnt
Still watching Younger. I like the show more than I thought I would. What have I become? What. Have I. BECOME!?
Younger is well reviewed by critics so it's not really a guilty pleasure.

Lackin

I'm a F'kn Mark - It's my real name.
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
zFgjY9e
Dexter Seasons 6 and 7. Critics say Dexter jumped the shark after the fourth season but the sixth and seventh seasons made for compelling drama. There were unpredictable plot twists in the sixth season with the Doomsday Killer and it gets interesting, and at times humorous, when Debra finds out who Dexter truly is.
I hate how cringe the show got after the season with trinity. But will say it's still one of my favourite TV shows of all time. (Yh doesn't make sense to me either)

Ngl I was at a friends house the other day and they were watching Vampire Diaries cause it's back on Netflix and I have no interest in Vampires but low key I was enjoying it.

Marty McFourth

Trying to figure out this life thing, what about you
Reaction score
I used to like watching reality shows such as Big Brother UK in their peak. The idea of a bunch of random people in the house with conflicting personalities was an addictive concept. I liked the realness of it and watching everyday people.

It got more fake over the years but up until about 2006, it was one of my favourite things on TV.