TV Deal bad for ROH???

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Travis40

I've been hearing rumors that ROH has the possibility of getting a TV deal in the next year or so after the sucessful PPV's. I really think this is a bad idea because ROH would only start out with 1 hour, right? They wouldn't have time to showcase anybody except the higher up stars...they'd only have 5 minute matches, they'd have crappy booking. So IMO I think that a TV deal for ROH wouldn't work.

It didn't work for WSX back during the summer....but of course, WSX was only around as a guinea pig....since MTV was testing wrestling on their network. What channel would ROH be on?...and the timeslot would suck balls....remember when TNA was on FSN at like 3 PM CT? ROH would have a deal at like....3 AM. So, in my personal opinion...I really don't think ROH should get a TV deal.

Angryphilip2

Reaction score
those therios are crap!

if they do end up getting a tv deal, they would probaly do what ecw did and tape a whole bunch of shows at one of the live events. then they would put two matches on the telvesion show with a promo inbetween and they would be set. also unlike the other promotions it doesnt matter what time the show will be on because the ROH fans are the most loyal and will watch anyway...

this is assuming that they get a tv deal which there hasnt been one legit reporting on yet.

Travis40

I'm just saying that I didn't think they had time to put everyone on their roster on TV...ECW had that problem...TNA had that problem...maybe ROH would have that problem...but IDK, I just hope to see them on TV in the next year.

Montana

I dont think tv will be a problem at all. Look at their PPV's now. They only feature 5 matches with the lower card guys doin promos. Im sure TV will be the same. I dont think they need television right now, BUT i think they could pull it off. Problem is, some fans would stop purchasing the dvds/ppvs. The buzz for ROH is there right now. My solution is putting on a weekly 30 minute video wire like show. Basically show 1 match per week, a few promos and storylines. If they start with that, they won't be pressured to get ratings. AND would still get the PPV/DVD buys. OR they could get a 2 hour slot on showtime and show parts of a show. I've also heard the vs. channell is interested.

Reaction score
Well I think you might be jumping the gun a little. After all there is still the chance it could one big giant rumor and nothing more!:smilie_tux:

flo23

Reaction score
ROH will be on TV on the VS channel in early 08. i heard it from a very realiable source who has connections and he stated that VS choose ROH over NWA.