Turning Point

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Qwake

Okay since I don't see a thread around, anybody wanna talk about the Turning Point PPV? If you saw it or saw the results? I thought the PPV was pretty good, opened with the X-Division title match which was good, glad Red retained, all knockouts retained their titles over the Beautiful People in a pretty boring match. 3-Way tag match was good, Nash came out and instead of attacking EY who interfered he hit Storm, Kong Vs Tara 6 sides of steel was pretty awesome. Rhino/3D Vs Morgan, Hernandez and Pope was good too. Mr Manged Vs Wolfe was fucking awesome, MUST SEE and must get more of them!!

Now with all of that gone left the main event, rematch four years in the making, the match was great, not sure if it was better then the first but it was awesome. I wanna know your guys thoughts on everything especially this match.

:y:

xtremebadass

I am amazed nobody talked about Turning Point until you made this lol. Like nobody even attempted to make one. I would have made a topic for this but TNA frequently slips my mind, watching TNA is one HUGE acid trip with a couple Hulk Hogan advertisements in it.

Was the Triple Threat any good?

Qwake

Yeah I'm still shocked I had to make a thread about the PPV.

Yeah, Triple threat was awesome, what you'd expect from AJ, Daniels and Joe, was really happy that their wasn't any outside interference or anything stupid like that, just a great match, not sure if it outdid their first one though.

Angle Vs Wolfe was incredible too, would have easily been match of the night if it wasn't followed by the triple threat imo. It was actually an awesome PPV, really wasn't too much wrong with the show and the best part was there wasn't any stupid run-ins other then the tag title match although that was actually pretty interesting with what they did with Nash. Even Lashley lost to the great Scott Steiner which I didn't expect, Lashley lost by getting hit with a little steel pipe, made Steiner look like god lol.

Anybody see the PPV at all?

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9UDYMWOA CD1
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=R6C92ILF CD2

^ links for those who want to watch :y: (I'd suggest getting CD 2 if you're gonna watch any of the PPV as it has Wolfe/Angle and Joe/AJ/Daniels on it.)

Hometown Kid

This was easily the best wrestling PPV of the year. AJ/Joe/Daniels was the match of the year. Every match was good at worst and besides the dumbass finish to the tag match, this is what wrestling should be. Awesome, awesome, awesome. It sucks that there are too many haters, because they missed one heck of a show tbh. Hell, even Steiner did a good job, you know it's something special when that happens. Russo is still a crappy head booker, but the roster is starting to learn how to work around his mistakes. (and awful time management by whoever controls that aspect)

Great One

Yeah, I was fucking amazed and somewhat saddened no one even talked about this PPV or gave a shit at all. TNA doesn't get enough recognition, meh. Yeah, was pretty sweet I think. I think the main event was maybe a little too rehearsed, but it was pretty cool. Glad Steiner won. Missed some parts like the Nash thing, but the insertion of Pope I thought was sweet and he seems to be pretty damn over (same with Morgan). Surprised no mystery guy appearing in the main event either.

Airfixx

"Surprised no mystery guy appearing in the main event either."

WOW.... I'm genuinely suprised & pleased they resisted that...

Fair play to TNA - They got a couple of storylines here that I like that finally have me wanting to tune in from week to week. This is the first time since I became aware of TNA and this pleases me cos I'd much rather be a believer than a "hater".

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
I heard that the ppv was good. I had to work that night so I didn't order it. I'm off the next two days so depending on how the picture is on that link, I may just order it.

LKP

Taz said that this was one of the best ppv hes done in his top 3.

Quintastic One

Reaction score
I don't create activity around here, I just supplement other peoples ideas with my own. lol. So although I like TNA, I don't have the initiative to make this part of the site active. Hence why you'll never see me apply for a mod spot. lol.

LKP

I just saw all of the ppv and i must say it was awesome. Wolfe vs angle was 5 stars, aj vs joe vs daniels was 4.7/5. Take note wwe this is how you pull off a ppv.

PeepShow

Only watched the final two matches of the PPV and both were very solid.

Angle/Nigel ~ ****
Three Way ~ ****1/4

LKP

You thought 3 way was better than angle vs wolfe? I found it hard to say which was better but angles match had more i dunno wrestling in it.

Qwake

You thought 3 way was better than angle vs wolfe? I found it hard to say which was better but angles match had more i dunno wrestling in it.

Pretty sure the 3-Way was longer.

Yeah both the final two matches probably made the PPV so good but even the lower carded match delivered this PPV which was good. I hope they continue with the current feuds because they all seemed to mix well.

Next PPV is Feast or Fired I think and nothing good ever comes from that match so I expect the next PPV to be much worse then this one. Hopefully they have more Angle/Wolfe and some sort of mix with AJ/Daniels/Joe would be good. Maybe AJ Vs Joe Vs Daniels Vs Attacker?

PeepShow

Yeah, the card has been released and looks pretty fucking good. Looks even better than Turning Point's card.