True or False: MMA Will Be An Olympic Sport In Our Lifetime

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

MMA Will Be In The Olympics

• True

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • False

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
I'll say true. It's contested the world over and has true sportsmanship quality. It seems that the IOC doesn't like elbows to downed opponents. Well, you could treat it like boxing.

In Olympic boxing knockouts are irrelevant. They can happen, but it's about how well you apply your art. It's about fundamentals. Personally, I don't have a problem with fighters wearing headgear or pads. There needs to be a level of comprimise for this to succeed. Young and hungry fighters would get noticed and the talent pools will fill up faster with Olympic exposure. Ali, Foreman, Leonard, Holyfield, all competed in the Olympics. Let's make it happen people!

Enigma22

Reaction score
id say theres a good chance of something like mma coming to the olympics. theres a lot of fighting tournaments and shit all over the world so it would be cool to see what style would win in mma...

J

Yeah that would be awesome. I definitly have to put my money on Muay Thai.

Wordlife

definitely a true by me... MMA NEEDS international support sometimes, the Olypmics would be damn near perfect, I dont see why not

xtremebadass

If they have olympic wrestling and boxing, why not MMA? It's like a mix of the two!

Gards Jr.

Reaction score
Whoah this is like exactly what I have been thinking lately.

But Yes I think it will happen because it has all the qualitys of being an Olympic sport as well. Sportmanship. Entertainment and alot of Countrys have fighters so we need a way to make it Happen lol.

1chiban

Reaction score
Perhaps another martial art will make it in one day, such as Muay Thai, but I cannot see MMA as we know it being in there - it's too violent - with such small gloves, no padding and knees and elbows etc its too ott - They don't like to see people bleed in the Olympics - if you look at all of the combat sports where striking is the name of the game the olympic competitors are all padded up to the nines. Won't happen without BIG changes to the format.

J

Damn now that you put it that way. Even if it did make it. They were make so many lame rules it would just kill it.

ChiWa

Reaction score
Yes it will be, but it shouldn't be. If the Olympics were just track and field. I would be happy. Winter? No winter in Greece, but some ice skating and downhill skiing would be fine. The rest is a joke.

McLovin

Reaction score
Forget MMA becoming an Olympic Sport, Darts is where the action is. Lol. I don't see it becoming an Olympic Sport for quite a while tbh though. It's still growing.