Trophy/Achievement Hunter?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8
Do you play games specifically for trophies/achievements? If an achievement or trophy list seems like it would be too much of a grind, do you not even bother? If there were no trophies or achievements, would you even bother playing?

Me personally, I love getting trophies and achievements, but it is not the reason I play a game, nor will I pass up a game because of it. I have 100s of games I have not and will not ever complete trophies or achievements on. It is fun to have them pop up on the screen though and brings a sense of relief if I do try for some of them.

I do know of one trophy hunter who will not even bother playing a game if the trophy list seems impossible or too much of a grind. He has passed on playing many games because of this.

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Marty McFourth

Trying to figure out this life thing, what about you
Reaction score
I do like getting them but I don't go out of my way to get them. I don't get people that only play games to unlock trophies as they are pretty pointless in the grand scheme of things. I did Uncharted Trilogy platinum trophies and I honestly wish I'd just played it normally. I always do my first playthrough without knowing anything about the game these days, and then I might go back and get the trophies later if I enjoyed the game.

I like being able to drop a game when I'm not enjoying it too, so worrying about trying to get 100% on everything would be unrealistic.

Reactions: TroyTheAverage

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I havent really played games much the last few years but the original era (PS3/360 gen) I thought were so much better and genuinely fun to hunt for, seems like games got lazy with them come PS4 time

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
I havent really played games much the last few years but the original era (PS3/360 gen) I thought were so much better and genuinely fun to hunt for, seems like games got lazy with them come PS4 time

I used to love 'em on 360. I always preferred achievements a little bit more than trophies, as seeing your gamerscore increase was always so satisfying to me. Plus that sound on Xbox when you unlocked an achievement felt so good. I lost all that progress when I moved to Playstation, so I think that is what got me to stop caring as much.

Reactions: TroyTheAverage

RDK

All glory to God
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
Favorite Sports Team
eZIPN8K
I used to love 'em on 360. I always preferred achievements a little bit more than trophies, as seeing your gamerscore increase was always so satisfying to me. Plus that sound on Xbox when you unlocked an achievement felt so good. I lost all that progress when I moved to Playstation, so I think that is what got me to stop caring as much.
Agree with all this. I do enjoy going for platinum though

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8
I used to love 'em on 360. I always preferred achievements a little bit more than trophies, as seeing your gamer score increase was always so satisfying to me. Plus, that sound on Xbox when you unlocked an achievement felt so good. I lost all that progress when I moved to PlayStation, so I think that is what got me to stop caring as much.
I was the opposite; I was always a trophy kind of guy. Seeing them pop was so much fun. I guess cuz it is a "trophy" made it seem more important. Now that I am playing on the Xbox more, I enjoy seeing them pop there too. My gamer score is finally over 20000 lol. But I'm on my like 4th username for Xbox cuz I always forgot my username/password/email back in the day.

• Haha

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
I was the opposite; I was always a trophy kind of guy. Seeing them pop was so much fun. I guess cuz it is a "trophy" made it seem more important. Now that I am playing on the Xbox more, I enjoy seeing them pop there too. My gamer score is finally over 20000 lol. But I'm on my like 4th username for Xbox cuz I always forgot my username/password/email back in the day.

You're not alone there, I've definitely lost one of my Xbox accounts before. It was on a very old email I made when I was a lot younger and could not for the life of me remember it. So I ended up just starting a new account because there was barely any progress on it. I might have to do that again too if I ever buy an Xbox again, unless I can figure out what my last stuff was.

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8
None of mine had much progress on them either. I know I had one that had GTA IV on it along with some of the MLB 2K games on it. Others probably had one or two games on it like the Forza and Forza Horizon games on it. Definitely not something I am too worried about. I do hope I get a remaster of GTA IV with the weapons wheel system. I'd love to play that again with updated graphics/controls and driving abilities.