Triple H's new directive

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
- WWE decided not to change the WWE Title or the World Heavyweight Title at Money in the Bank because of a new directive from Triple H. Word is that he now wants champions to hold their titles for longer than they have been.
(Partial source: F4Wonline.com)

Read more: http://www.pwmania.com/artman/triple-hs-new-wwe-directive-john-cenas-mitb-plans-cm-punks-dvd#ixzz20yxqq1wd

Matt

Champion
Reaction score
oh god more shameful :((

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
It's a good idea, the longer the title is held the more prestigious changes appear. I'd choose a different cast but the script is very good.

Reactions: Asskicker

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
What Seabs said. This makes title changes mean more once they happen. We might groan at a longer Sheamus and to some extent Punk reign but imagine the impact once the title changes hands.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
"You better not get that strap off my boy Sheamus or you're fired!" :bury:

Nah, it's a very good idea, I just wish the champs were different.

Reactions: Matt

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
Punk has had his quite awhile I'd say, but then again, looks like he's about to lose it anyway. I didn't expect Sheamus to lose his to Del Rio. I really hope this doesn't mean that all champions are gonna always have long title reigns under Triple H's directive, though. Long title reigns are only good when done once and awhile. Most of the time, I prefer them to be the usual 3-6 month title reign period.

Y2J Enigma

The Artiste
Reaction score
I like this idea. Now the WWE Championship won't be a slut and let everyone take a turn, if you catch my drift. :jericho: And seriously though, it's a good idea. It seems like Triple H finally understands that the titles need more prestige and longer title reigns than they have been getting, and he is taking some action to that now. Now, the real question is who will be the new up-and-coming challengers, and will Superstars like Dolph Ziggler (people who have just begun their main event scene) get long World Title reigns right away, or will they be built up before and then receive the Championship Gold around their belt for long periods of time? Also hope that this marks the start of a new revolution... lol It probably won't be marking one, though, despite this being the WWE, where anything can happen...There probably won't be a revolution until Linda McMahon stops running for the State Senate r whatever...

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Crayo said:
I'm quite optimistic about HHH's run when Vince finally goes to be honest.

So am I, the first improvement that comes to mind is the storyline consistency. Vince doesn't care about it but I'm sure Hunter does (more than VKM at least).

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Agreed. Apparently -- judging by reports -- he's the reason Ambrose hasn't debuted yet as he wants him to have a proper storyline. Still hope to see him at RAW 1000.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
I still think he'll attack Foley. And this thing about development folks not debuting before they have a storyline is great, otherwise they debut, and it doesn't matter if they win or lose, they'll just stay around doing nothing, probably going to Superstars after a while and just doing nothing. Either that or they win the world title in two months. :hmm:

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Leo C said:
I still think he'll attack Foley. And this thing about development folks not debuting before they have a storyline is great, otherwise they debut, and it doesn't matter if they win or lose, they'll just stay around doing nothing, probably going to Superstars after a while and just doing nothing. Either that or they win the world title in two months. :hmm:

Agreed and I'm not sure, I'm convinced it's dropped :((.

Foley's on RAW next week though right?

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Crayo said:
Agreed and I'm not sure, I'm convinced it's dropped :((.

Foley's on RAW next week though right?

Right, he is. I'm just hoping for the best. :jericho:

Reaction score
Great idea!!! Imagine how hard you will mark when some one finally beats sheamus!!
Also when people say in 12 time WWE champion! Yeah you also lost it 12 times!
With this prestige shouldnt be about how many times youve held it, it should be for how long.
Id like to see HHH play a permenent heel GM, If not scrap the GM idea its just not working because they have no authority.

Reactions: HeatherSays